First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I would start with looking at your mirrors for a block out plate where the puddle lights would be. If you have it pop the block out plate out and look inside.
I can see where it would fit in the mirror but doesn't look like its a plug that can be removed - just an imprint of where it would be. ill just keep an eye on this thread awhile to see if it comes up - kind of a first world problem anyway....
Sponsored

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

tom n

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
retired
I was looking to purchase some of these puddle lights but when you read the reviews they are terrible. Burn out quickly and dont fit the best. Most of them have a 65-70% positive rating. Looks like they are all made by the same supplier in china. How long did yours last??

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I was looking to purchase some of these puddle lights but when you read the reviews they are terrible. Burn out quickly and dont fit the best. Most of them have a 65-70% positive rating. Looks like they are all made by the same supplier in china. How long did yours last??
I saw a bunch of mixed reviews on the ones I bought... but many of them said that the seller made it right when a light had an issue by sending a new one. I figure for $14, I'm willing to risk there being a problem. If these lights don't work out long-term, and I can't get replacements, I'll either order something different to try or go back to the OEM lights. They are stupid easy to swap, so it's not a big risk either way.

Flash

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I can see where it would fit in the mirror but doesn't look like its a plug that can be removed - just an imprint of where it would be. ill just keep an eye on this thread awhile to see if it comes up - kind of a first world problem anyway....
I was also interested in putting in some on my XLT, but have not found any info if there is wiring inside the mirror housing. I agree, first world problem, not really wanting to possibly damaging the housing looking for them. Really hope someone else could advise if it's possible.

Jdm4292

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Golf R
I was also interested in putting in some on my XLT, but have not found any info if there is wiring inside the mirror housing. I agree, first world problem, not really wanting to possibly damaging the housing looking for them. Really hope someone else could advise if it's possible.
Did you ever get these installed?

Kataphrakt

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT FX4 Offroad
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer - Mirrors
Just to clarify for everyone: Ranger mirrors do not have wires for features they do not have installed. A mirror without heating does not have heating wiring in it, mirrors without TS and puddle light likewise do not have extra wires for those on the mirror side. The Mirror-side connector is left with open spots in these cases. I've got a number of these torn apart and strewn about my desk. Routing a new pair of wires on the mirror-side should be fairly easy -- remove the mirror from the vehicle, remove skullcap and trap door. Run the wires through the pivot and then through the rubber gasket in the base.

Door-side i have no idea.

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Just for $hit$ & giggles, I read through these posts. I previously owned a 2015 Explorer, which I purchased used & now my 2019 Ranger Lariat. I changed out the puddle lights to LED'S on both of these vehicles & have been very pleased with the outcome. I haven't seen anyone here mention the site I ordered from: daytimebrightlites.com Their puddle lights are direct plug & play. Why whimp out on price when, let's face it, we plan to keep our Rangers forever, at least I do. They even include LED license plate bulbs in the purchase.
Sponsored