First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I had written back and let them know that their reply wasn’t good enough for what type of company they are and this is what they finally came back with;

“The image below is the wire you will need to cut and attach directly to the battery's power (in the engine bay)”

FBF7A52F-89E1-4EFF-9908-EB77404EE8BE.jpeg
So much for "Plug-N-Play"

OP
OP
FiberTech

FiberTech

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger/Tremor
Occupation
Fiber Technician
In my opinion this is unacceptable for something this expensive from them. To have something they are selling as "plug and play" then have to modify to make it work. I'll pass.
If I go with it, I'll have to run a hot wire from my battery in the front of the Ranger engine compartment where the battery sits all the way back to the tailgate. This will require some additional supplies like 18awg wire, Sauter, heat shrink plus small smurf tubing to protect the wire.
One good thing is that I'll have a hot lead running the hole length of my Ranger to be able to tap into when ever needed for the future accessories. ?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
If I go with it, I'll have to run a hot wire from my battery in the front of the Ranger engine compartment where the battery sits all the way back to the tailgate. This will require some additional supplies like 18awg wire, Sauter, heat shrink plus small smurf tubing to protect the wire.
One good thing is that I'll have a hot lead running the hole length of my Ranger to be able to tap into when ever needed for the future accessories. ?
Just tap into the bedside power port on the drivers side, which stays hot for up to 30 minuets after the truck is turned off. Unless you are using it for other stuff. It does supply at least 10A (I think) so that would make it much easier and faster.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
It does supply at least 10A (I think) so that would make it much easier and faster.
20 amps

"cut the blue wire" ....then sends a picture with 2 blue wires and how do know which is right?

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
20 amps

"cut the blue wire" ....then sends a picture with 2 blue wires and how do know which is right?
Their after the saLe service leaves much to be desire. I did not have a good experience with them too. I bought a kit specifically for Lariat LED taillight Ranger. Included instructions were for an F150. No biggie, I’ll go to their site and download instruction. NOTTA. ZIPPO. So I email them and then I get a reply, will have them to you in a few minutes. 24 hours later…..

mine were plug and play. Too bad they didn’t label which was D or P side. So another email sent and no reply. So I what the heck 50/50 chance, that I got wrong. Good thing I didn’t zip tie everything in place.

still a nice product.

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
A while back I spoke with a Putco customer svc rep about the light bar. He told me one of their employees had one on his Ranger so they have in house capabilities for accurate trouble shooting and installation instructions.

Sad, unacceptable customer support. I'll pass on one.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
In my opinion this is unacceptable for something this expensive from them. To have something they are selling as "plug and play" then have to modify to make it work. I'll pass.
I’ve thought several times about purchasing this product, but if it’s not plug-in-play, then I want nothing to do with it.

OP
OP
FiberTech

FiberTech

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger/Tremor
Occupation
Fiber Technician
A while back I spoke with a Putco customer svc rep about the light bar. He told me one of their employees had one on his Ranger so they have in house capabilities for accurate trouble shooting and installation instructions.

Sad, unacceptable customer support. I'll pass on one.
The Rep that I was consulting with told me they were looking for a Ranger to set up. WOW!

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I’ve thought several times about purchasing this product, but if it’s not plug-in-play, then I want nothing to do with it.
That makes two of us!

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm completely confused....and now dazed!:shock:o_O

Ordered "plug and play" Putco # 9203048-07 and received what these pic show. The various instructions available are completely different from each other:
(1) if you view their video on the product page which makes it looks simple by unplugging the 7 pin from behind bumper and merely plugging it into the harness, and the bar into the harness.
(2) online PDF instructions which are so vague they make no sense..but it appears to be just 2 connections somewhere & somehow; vs.
(3) their QR code instructions that were in the box require removing taillights and lots of wire cutting and splicing!

If you look at the harness I was sent, there are too many connections on it and not not enough connections on the truck!...and NO 7 PIN end!

I have a "chat" message into them...waiting for a call back during "regular business hours".
Resized_20230219_113700.jpeg
Resized_20230219_113654.jpeg
Resized_20230219_113918.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: