Installing a Rough Country LED Lightbar and new ADD Bumper

Rangerdude123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Does anyone know if I can wire the 40 inch Rough Country LED light bar to the fog light harness and use the fog light switch to operate it? If so anyone know the best way? Thanks in advance 🖐
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rangerdude123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Does anyone know if I can wire the 40 inch Rough Country LED light bar to the fog light harness and use the fog light switch to operate it? If so anyone know the best way? Thanks in advance 🖐

Tremot Trent

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tremor
Occupation
Driver
1st, will the fog light wiring/fuse/circuit/etc handle the 40” electrical load. Saying this, because even my Tremor uplifter switches only had 2 that would handle 30-40”load, rest just minor accessory load, had to upgrade on my set up. Use Rough Country’s on my recovery/farm/work use support vehicles

IMG_3608.jpeg

IMG_3610.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Maybe just use the same wire that activated the relay for the fog light to activate a relay for the 40" bar. You would still have to hookup the bar wiring harness to the battery and ground but it would be activated by the fog light switch.

Chausaster

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
To quickly answer your question. No it won't. You have to use a relay switch to run it. The circuit has a maximum wattage that the light bar will exceed. I have 4 RC pods and light bar and 2 of the pods are ran using the provided relay harness with the switch being the fog light. The other 2 pods and light bar are ran using the relay harness into Stedi Light switches.

OP
OP

Rangerdude123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Thanks I just ended up wiring it with the included rough country switch through the firewall.
Sponsored