Helmer

First Name
Helmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Someone know where to buy a LED side mirror Puddle Light Assembly for a Ranger Lariat 2019 or some model that fit.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those are kind of cool but you kind of lose the exterior illumination it appears. From the shots it doesn't look very bright. I really liked the upgrade from the somewhat dim/yellow stock lights to the bright white of the LEDs. This is something we had on our Explorer and thought it was silly at first, but when you are walking to your vehicle in the dark it is kind of nice to have some extra light - especially in a dark parking lot.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Those are kind of cool but you kind of lose the exterior illumination it appears. From the shots it doesn't look very bright. I really liked the upgrade from the somewhat dim/yellow stock lights to the bright white of the LEDs. This is something we had on our Explorer and thought it was silly at first, but when you are walking to your vehicle in the dark it is kind of nice to have some extra light - especially in a dark parking lot.
I'll add Rice a Roni. :)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rob,

Are the Lariat puddle lights LED from the factory?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rob,

Are the Lariat puddle lights LED from the factory?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
No, they are halogens. That is why they are kind of yellow I think. I really like the LEDs much better - for $20, it was a great upgrade I think. Wintertime here the nights get pretty long. Driving to work in the dark, driving home in the dark. Extra lighting is really nice.

Sounds silly, but those puddle lights was one of the things that made me choose a Lariat (among other things). Heated mirrors was another that (I think) is only available on a Lariat. I actually used them last weekend when driving in the hills. The mirrors were fogging up and I turned on the rear defrost and almost immediately they cleared.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No, they are halogens. That is why they are kind of yellow I think. I really like the LEDs much better - for $20, it was a great upgrade I think. Wintertime here the nights get pretty long. Driving to work in the dark, driving home in the dark. Extra lighting is really nice.

Sounds silly, but those puddle lights was one of the things that made me choose a Lariat (among other things). Heated mirrors was another that (I think) is only available on a Lariat. I actually used them last weekend when driving in the hills. The mirrors were fogging up and I turned on the rear defrost and almost immediately they cleared.
Hi Rob,

Do you by chance remember the bulb number....would like to order off the web if possible. Thanks!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rob,

Do you by chance remember the bulb number....would like to order off the web if possible. Thanks!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
It isn't just a bulb, it is the whole unit - I don't see a bulb number. It appears to be a sealed unit. The only thing with these lights:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NYPLJ8C

Is that the factory light wires attached directly to space terminals on the light. The above lights have wires with spade terminals at the end. The wires in the mirror are REALLY short. I did not wrap the connections with anything as I didn't think it was an issue - the factory ones were not weathertight and there is nothing conductive in the mirror so I just plugged them in. I think others might have wrapped the connection in shrink wrap or something.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes you do lose quiet a bit of lighting with them,they're more of a novelty. I don't drive a lot at night so I was thinking of getting them just for the cool factor. :)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It isn't just a bulb, it is the whole unit - I don't see a bulb number. It appears to be a sealed unit. The only thing with these lights:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NYPLJ8C

Is that the factory light wires attached directly to space terminals on the light. The above lights have wires with spade terminals at the end. The wires in the mirror are REALLY short. I did not wrap the connections with anything as I didn't think it was an issue - the factory ones were not weathertight and there is nothing conductive in the mirror so I just plugged them in. I think others might have wrapped the connection in shrink wrap or something.
Hi Rob,

Thanks! Ordered!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rob,

Thanks! Ordered!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Good choice.. I purchased an SMD led set on Amazon and this set which is CREE led.. These are much brighter and cleaner looking. :thumbsup:

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Someone know where to buy a LED side mirror Puddle Light Assembly for a Ranger Lariat 2019 or some model that fit.
amazon has them
Sponsored