First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
All the headlights out there now days are SO much better than the non-halogen tungsten bulbs most of us old farts started with I wonder why the concerted un-ending effort to turn night into day?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I should've figured you were an Engineer.

Us Architects make the world look good.

You Engineers make it work.
Don't forget an Engineer designed the oil filter location on our Rangers. ?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Never thought at all that the LED bulbs could actually be designed for the reflector housings, though, huh?

Didn't think so.
OH. I've thought about it. Can’t physically be done. At least with current technology or at a cost the average person could afford. The reflector needs to be designed to the light sourse, not the other way around.

Know how I know my headlights weren't overpowering while driving on the road? Because I turned them on and stood way out in front of the truck. Yes, they were bright, but not any more glaring or overpowering than any other nice white headlights on the road.
Not exactly a scientific test.

It's pretty easy to figure out, bud.

Sorry you can't drive at night very well, but most of us out here don't really have that problem. I will keep my nice bright headlights that allow me to see really well at night so that I don't run over you while you're walking your dog along the side of the road at 9 pm.
I see just fine at night or in the day.

You can thank me later.
I have absolutely nothing to thank you for. You are so bull headed as not accept any ones opinion but you own. Just keep driving with your non-DOT approved illegal headlights in you own world of beleif.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Don't forget an Engineer designed the oil filter location on our Rangers. ?
A designer made it look the way it does which is 99% of the reason you bought one. Pretty sure you didn't care at all where the oil filter was when you bought it.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
OH. I've thought about it. Can’t physically be done. At least with current technology or at a cost the average person could afford. The reflector needs to be designed to the light sourse, not the other way around.

Not exactly a scientific test.

I see just fine at night or in the day.

I have absolutely nothing to thank you for. You are so bull headed as not accept any ones opinion but you own. Just keep driving with your non-DOT approved illegal headlights in you own world of beleif.

Look dude... I'm sorry you can't see well enough at night to not be bothered by people's headlights as you drive by them. Do I wish I would never had headlight shining at me at night while I'm driving, too? Sure. I can see a lot better without light being shined at you. But that's never going to happen. And I don't need a "scientific test" to tell me that my LED bulbs weren't any more intrusive than 90% of the headlights on the road right now. I can see them. If you don't to believe that, then that's a you problem. I'm not going to worry about it.

Look, I understand that you get annoyed by things easily. That's also not my problem. I am going to use headlights that help me to see better on the road so that I can drive more safely. I'm sorry you don't think I should be able to, but I can't help what you want.

You go right ahead with your dim yellowish stock halogens that Ford never should have installed in these trucks in the first place. I'm going to use something that helps me be safer on the road. Thanks.

TheKED

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4 Super Cab Ranger
Occupation
Film Industry
Just replaced the High/Low/Fog bulbs with the Auxito bulbs referenced and couldn't be happier. My older 2013 Ford CMAX with stock Halogens is like driving at night by candlelight, my wife's Hyundai Palisade with LED projectors was like driving at night by the sun. I wanted some Sun love on my Ranger and it's night and day literally. The only complaint was the fog light bulbs were super hard to access with the plastic splash guards in the way and after removing them partially, it was really cramped getting the bulbs in there. All and all a little skin sacrificed but another simple cheap mod $101.00 on Amazon
Sponsored

Last edited: