Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I run after market led's in both my vehicles...

That said, one has projector housings the other has reflectors.

There is glare because the led's are more intense and they are illegal for street use (read the fine print they will all say for off road use only).

But, I'm selfish and like to be able to see everything on the road...

Also, they all cause radio interference, diode dynamics, morimoto, cheap Amazon and lasfit....

My ranger in going to swap in a set of entire led housings, instead of bulbs. When you buy quality bulbs they're in the 2-300 range per pair... So youre at 4-600 for high and low... The cheap alpharex headlights are just over 600 (if I remember correctly)...

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Also, they all cause radio interference, diode dynamics, morimoto, cheap Amazon and lasfit....
I haven't had the first issue with radio interference or sound quality.

OP
OP

JimmyFD43

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
You'll be fine with them. Just make sure they are adjusted following the proper procedure for your truck, so that the cutoff is where it should be and that the left one is not aimed a the driver of oncoming traffic.
Thanks...However, I just talked to a really good mechanic, and he told me it cannot be adjusted. OR, is he not that good? lol

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The LED's I have have adjustable boards. You loosen a set screw and rotate the board. You do this so that when the light is installed in your housing, the diodes are sitting at 9 and 3 o'clock. This allows the beam pattern and cutoff to mimic the factory halogen bulbs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078Y1RMH1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1T5NWB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The H11 will also replace your fog lights. Ignore Amazon's warning that they won't fit your truck. They will.

However, the adjustment I was talking about above was your general headlight adjustment. So that if you can't get the LED diodes positioned exactly right, you can lower the aim of your headlight assemblies a bit.

OP
OP

JimmyFD43

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
The LED's I have have adjustable boards. You loosen a set screw and rotate the board. You do this so that when the light is installed in your housing, the diodes are sitting at 9 and 3 o'clock. This allows the beam pattern and cutoff to mimic the factory halogen bulbs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078Y1RMH1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1T5NWB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The H11 will also replace your fog lights. Ignore Amazon's warning that they won't fit your truck. They will.

However, the adjustment I was talking about above was your general headlight adjustment. So that if you can't get the LED diodes positioned exactly right, you can lower the aim of your headlight assemblies a bit.
Thanks again, Kevin

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
installed my auxitos today. left the lows halogen for now. when it gets darker will see if the led fog and halogen low combo will be enough light for me. looks a little odd with yellow halogen lows and white led fogs and highs but i dont care. and as far as the highs go, i will obviously never be driving into oncoming traffic. comparison pics, in daylight so kinda hard to tell but they are extremely bright. four-legged inspector gave her approval on the highs

1664300267172.png

1664300408925.png

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
"Do I get flashed by oncoming drivers? It happens. But, no more than it does when I had cars with HIDs...If someone doesn't know what to do when faced with brighter lights on oncoming traffic, they need to go back to driver's ed."

"There is glare because the led's are more intense and they are illegal for street use (read the fine print they will all say for off road use only)...But, I'm selfish and like to be able to see everything on the road..."

This is the attitude we have to deal with on an everyday basis. And not just about LED bulbs..."I don't care that it's illegal, I don't care that it blinds other drivers, I do what I want. If you don't like it, you can suck it"!

Pathetic.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
"Do I get flashed by oncoming drivers? It happens. But, no more than it does when I had cars with HIDs...If someone doesn't know what to do when faced with brighter lights on oncoming traffic, they need to go back to driver's ed."

"There is glare because the led's are more intense and they are illegal for street use (read the fine print they will all say for off road use only)...But, I'm selfish and like to be able to see everything on the road..."

This is the attitude we have to deal with on an everyday basis. And not just about LED bulbs..."I don't care that it's illegal, I don't care that it blinds other drivers, I do what I want. If you don't like it, you can suck it"!

Pathetic.
No more pathetic than somebody thinking that the world should conform to their view of the world and how it should be. Different people have varying degrees of sensitivity to the brightness of oncoming lights. I rarely flash oncoming drivers when their brights are on. They simply don't bother me, unless they are aimed wrong. But, if they were too bright, I would look more towards the right edge of the roadway, as instructed in my driver education class so many years ago. I wouldn't decide that the driver was pathetic because their lights bothered me. I will however question anyone's ability to drive at night if properly aimed lights bother them.

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
No more pathetic than somebody thinking that the world should conform to their view of the world and how it should be. Different people have varying degrees of sensitivity to the brightness of oncoming lights. I rarely flash oncoming drivers when their brights are on. They simply don't bother me, unless they are aimed wrong. But, if they were too bright, I would look more towards the right edge of the roadway, as instructed in my driver education class so many years ago. I wouldn't decide that the driver was pathetic because their lights bothered me. I will however question anyone's ability to drive at night if properly aimed lights bother them.
Oh, you’re a non-conformist. A rebel. Dance to the beat of a different drummer. I get it.

Taking a stand against the light sensitive losers that weren’t paying attention in Drivers Ed. Imagine the street cred you get from thumbing-your-nose at the man and his silly little LED restrictions.

Our Nation was founded on great men like you. Carry on.

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oh, you’re a non-conformist. A rebel. Dance to the beat of a different drummer. I get it.

Taking a stand against the light sensitive losers that weren’t paying attention in Drivers Ed. Imagine the street cred you get from thumbing-your-nose at the man and his silly little LED restrictions.

Our Nation was founded on great men like you. Carry on.
Oh no... my feelings are hurt. Imma run for my safe space now. I might even wait until it's dark so I can blind some more drivers. Plus, the brighter LEDs will help me to see through my tears.

Thanks for the entertainment dude. I needed this laugh this morning.