First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My friend bought a Ram. It’s been a total pile of garbage since day one. Good luck. He’s already going lemon law.
Joe @Megawatt had to have Ford buy back his Ranger because it was a lemon, happens to every manufacturer. More so now and it seems you're just rolling the dice with whatever you chose.

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat, '21 BS BL, '18 GC, '74 Ghia
Occupation
Chair Warmer
Sorry but the Ram isn't like the older ones and I would seriously entertain buying one if I couldn't get into an F150. Out here they're everywhere (along with F150's) and a lot of my customers drive them and have nothing but good things to say about theirs. I would seriously give them a look IF I were in the market for another full size truck.

You could say you regret just about any purchase now a days. We just had a member have an issue with his waste gate and his Ranger is only 2 days old. Chris @Chris M couldn't get rid of the vibration in his but he did chose to give the Ranger another chance but many here have this same problem. Heck I may regret buying my Jeep but every time I go over to the Bronco forum and see all the people on there complaining about blown engines, electrical problems and 4wd issues I feel I made a good choice so far.?‍♂
No one will deprive me of my '21 F-150 Lariat Guard Green Two Tone beauty! NO ONE! A great truck, it is! Decided on buying it instead of the Bronco I had reserved, mostly because of the towing ability and its versatility. I bought it early and it would now cost me $10K more for the '22! It is solid and luxurious!

I've been holding off on buying the current Ranger, which I really like, mostly because I don't need something right now, I have a '22 Explorer ST built (waiting on chips), and the '23s are just around the corner. It is near-impossible to find a '22 Lariat or Tremor anywhere around me that hasn't been marked-up to crazy amounts (mostly mannequins, anyways). If I wait on a build, the '23 will be here, so I'll probably just wait.

I can't even find a Subaru Legacy, new or 2-3 years old, for my daughter!

I'm finding that quite a few car dealers (Illinois/Chicago-area/southern Wisconsin ones in particular) are quite awful with their mark-ups (Boucher), their gimmicky add-ons (Napleton), and having children right out of flipping hamburgers doing the sales! I've been purchasing from Granger in Iowa. Can't beat 'em out here in the Midwest!

Now back to our regulary-scheduled programming already in progress...

[Edit: for grammar and spelling]

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Every vehicle is a piece of crap these days.

The only difference is what you want to gamble on. Got 3 big flavors; Engine, Transmission, and safety systems. Then you throw in a whole heap of trivial issues like panels not lining up. Random small dollar items failing.

My F150? Good engine. Literally everything else is falling apart on me.

Pissing out transmission fluid from the trans and T-case, vent line for the differential got loose and tangled in the wheel spoke ripping it out... It's just stupid.

Anyway stop spouting shit like "hehe you ram gonna blow up/rust out hehe". Be happy for the guy instead of being stupid loyalists to a corporation that doesn't even give a crap about you...

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
OK, who else will admit to seeing this thread topic and coming here just to read the hilarious "dont let the door hit you on the way out" posts?? thank you to all that participate for providing the Sunday Funnies !

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
worst part about ford hands down is the dealers they are in biz with. ive had similar experiences with dealer lies like stock advertised that does not exist etc. I ended up driving about 100 miles one way to get my ranger mostly based on it being at a dealer that didnt piss me off. so I can totally understand walking away! best truck ive ever had was a dodge. it would be about 33 years old now and last i heard the guy i sold it to was driving it.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I nearly bought a used 2018 Ram Rebel 4 months ago. And the Rebel is the only Ram I was looking at. Then decided a don't need a full size. Mid size would do just fine. Glad I didn't pull the trigger cause now I'm getting a more affordable and reliable vehicle with full warranty for less money.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
My old 2002 Dodge Ram Quad cab was a solid truck. Not sure about nowadays. But my BIL recently traded his Titan XD for a Ran 2500 and seems happy with it.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night...good-byyyyye..

Seriously though, your posterior has to fit in the right seat, and I wish you luck with it.

No Soup.jpg

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Lil examples are all over. 2021 Ram w the zip tied mirror mod. They are simply not put together as well as other vehicles.

6C1A0DB4-07A5-4D5C-B1F6-1161B2C812DB.jpeg

00642435-AAEF-4C4C-9714-EFA23BED4085.jpeg
A picture is of little use without context . A friend had duct taped his electric mirror similar to that on his Platinum F-150 . It was because he was walking backwards when washing the side and backed right into it and stripped the plastic gears that fold it , LOL
Sponsored