Sponsored

JXB Driveshaft Center Support

Stevedbvik1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Oct 4, 2021
Threads
38
Messages
2,859
Reaction score
8,649
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Installed the support, no new bearing. I made some adjustments and the vibration is from 45-55 or so now.
I’m assuming you have the street bushings. You can have them send the comfort bushings. They don’t have a comfort bushing that fits the Ranger bracket and gives 360 degrees of contact but they can send you three of them and you can cut them to give full contact. They’ll also send you a spacer kit if you need to shim it more. I have the 360 degrees of comfort bushing and about 3.7 mm of spacing on my Tremor. Only have a very subtle vibration at around 15mph. Otherwise it’s pretty good.
Sponsored

 

Ed Kennedy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
60
Reaction score
32
Location
MS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Finance
Yes, it's the street version. I'll talk to them. Thought about the spacers already. With the "comfort" does it still eliminate all the slop at start/stop and maintain the better exceleration? Mine sounds like a helicopter the vibration is so bad at 45mph.
 

Stevedbvik1

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Oct 4, 2021
Threads
38
Messages
2,859
Reaction score
8,649
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Yes, it's the street version. I'll talk to them. Thought about the spacers already. With the "comfort" does it still eliminate all the slop at start/stop and maintain the better exceleration? Mine sounds like a helicopter the vibration is so bad at 45mph.
Yes, the firmness stays. Not as tight as the street bushing felt but way better than the oem. I used a combination of their spacers and a some different thickness fender washers to get where I’m at.
 
OP
OP
JoeDirt03

JoeDirt03

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Jan 18, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
106
Reaction score
459
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
You still using the support or you do something else? I may scrap it, I may see if it softens up. It has cleaned up a lot though. It's just too much vibration. I'll wait and talk to them first but it's bad from 40-57 then get some above 70 but not terrible, about like the norm.
The life of a Ranger owner....
I told myself the same thing for about 3 months until the vibration drove me mad. Went to a local driveshaft shop and had the driveshaft rebuilt for 500 bucks. New u joints, carrier bearing(which is way over built compared to stock or JXB) and balanced. Drives like butter.
 

Dereku

Well-Known Member
First Name
Derek
Joined
May 18, 2022
Threads
33
Messages
2,867
Reaction score
7,076
Location
Chicagoland Area
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I mixed a street bushing on bottom and comfort on top last month. Mild vibration around 40 but much firmer than all comfort. I like it. Most of my time is spent at highway speeds either way.
 

Ed Kennedy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
60
Reaction score
32
Location
MS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Finance
Mine is undrivable. It's awful and I pretty much know I wasted money on this crap but I'll see what they say before I go blow more money on OEM. Still considering just setting the truck on fire. This truck is the second biggest mistake of my life right behind my 1st wife.
Sponsored

 
 








Top