Just updated to Sync 3.4 on my Ranger 2019

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
It has already been posted....(need to enable 'Climate Domain')

I agree with the above. I work in IT right now and have no issues purchasing a Forscan tool and doing this myself as opposed to going to a dealer. I would hope for a fix from Ford on the Sync site or an OTA update, but if there is no other option, then Forscan it is.

Just to confirm your suspicions, here is my truck data pulled from FORscan.
Forscan.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
It has already been posted....(need to enable 'Climate Domain')

I just received the OBD Link yesterday! Going to attempt to get the climate back on the Sync screen today. Attempt.... hahah

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
For anyone thinking of trying FORScan for the first time....I suggest you read up on the program and watch the u-tube video (be smart, you can hose up your truck but this is a relatively safe fix just be sure you change the right thing). In this particular case the screen shown above is using the APIM "Module Configuration" and Not the "Module Configuration (As Built format)". From here just select the Climate Domain item, enable it, write it, save it and that's it.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I just received the OBD Link yesterday! Going to attempt to get the climate back on the Sync screen today. Attempt.... hahah
Good luck...and let us know your results!

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Geoff would you be willing to post what needs to be changed in Forscan. I currently dont own Forscan but I would be willing to purchase it if an easy fix. I havent used it but, I am pretty versed in IT and think that I can figure it out if I had specific instructions.
I agree with the above. I work in IT right now and have no issues purchasing a Forscan tool and doing this myself as opposed to going to a dealer. I would hope for a fix from Ford on the Sync site or an OTA update, but if there is no other option, then Forscan it is.
Actually three things need to be enabled...
Climate Domain​
Climate Icons - Mode​
Climate Icons - Recirc​
Here's a screen shot of my Climate Config (the list was filtered - climate)

IMG_1091.jpg

Last edited:

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4X4, FX4, Black package
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
It's not unusual for help desk personnel to be out of the loop on some issues. @UofMEngineer has been very helpful even though his area of expertise is voice. In his post(s) he has alluded to Ford being aware and are working the issue. I'm certain he has to be a bit careful when posting on this forum and making any statement.

I'm in an industry that is very software /hardware centric. The whole process is complex and it's always a struggle to get an official statement out after an issue, often going through many layers of risk, legal, senior leadership before a public facing statement is made. I see many software issues every day that are in the pipeline from discovery, analysis, correction and delivery to fix. It's not easy.

I suggest reading some of his recent posts. He clearly identified, to me, that Ford recognized that Rangers with the bit set to 8 was an identifier of a vehicle that was going to have an issue with climate, post 3.4 upgrade. This issue is specific to Rangers.

For your local issue, if you don't want to engage a local dealership or wait for the fix from Ford I might suggest reaching out to someone on this forum in your area, to assist. You might get lucky.

That said, I want to give @UofMEngineer major kudos on his work with the latest voice module. IMO this last version has made voice usable, for me.
I appreciate anyone working to solve this, but if the Dealer can fix it, we should be able to as well. So, no, I won't be falling on the uncertain sword of the dealer. I find them very often in exactly the same hole as the help desk personnel as you describe it. I bought the Ford Performance Tune and have gotten more blank stares and incorrect information from Dealers than I ever want to hear again. Nothing about that gives me confidence.

Thanks for your input about the contact to whom you refer. View me as a mainline consumer who was thrust into this by a known (to many) flawed "update". If I had been following this thread, I would have known better than to do the "update" in the first place. I just didn't realize I had to second guess what Ford puts out. I know better now.

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
Yes, I reported back this issue so that the proper folks can address it. My hope is that would help expedite things a little vs the issue being found further down the road as more roll into the dealer / call in about it. I don’t represent the company by any means, just trying to help out when I can on my own time. I’m a customer too in the end.

Has anyone that has gone to a dealer had it fixed? Not sure how they’ll handle it, whether it’s rolling back to v3.3, tweaking that config, etc.
Thanks for all your help in this thread.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Climate Domain​
Climate Icons - Mode​
Climate Icons - Recirc​

IMG_1091.jpg
I really think I will just order the link and try this. That way I will have the tool to use if needed in the future. Thank you so much for posting this!

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Just ordered the OBD link and downloaded FORscan. I was able to chat with Ford and they said that if a master reset did not work, then I would need a dealer. So.... They had no info on an OTA patch.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Climate Domain​
Climate Icons - Mode​
Climate Icons - Recirc​

IMG_1091.jpg
Did you need the extended license?

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Yes, I reported back this issue so that the proper folks can address it. My hope is that would help expedite things a little vs the issue being found further down the road as more roll into the dealer / call in about it. I don’t represent the company by any means, just trying to help out when I can on my own time. I’m a customer too in the end.

Has anyone that has gone to a dealer had it fixed? Not sure how they’ll handle it, whether it’s rolling back to v3.3, tweaking that config, etc.
Trucks back from the dealer. They reflashed and were unsuccessful in restoring the climate controls. Sigh....

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Did you need the extended license?
Yes, I believe so (IIRC the extended license allows you to write to the modules). You can 'apply' for the free one or pay for a longer license term.

And for anyone looking this is the best OBD2 reader for Fords and FORScan: OBDLink EX

614EC1v7A3L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The instructions on sync update indicates that there should be 8-11 files in folder.
My download only shows 5. Should I be concerned? I'm already leary of updating to 3.4 with all the problems mentioned here.

15966394981632112059976695707171.jpg

1596639560202773749456253448075.jpg

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Trucks back from the dealer. They reflashed and were unsuccessful in restoring the climate controls. Sigh....
OK. Yeah, a simple reflash of the same software won't do anything. Did they escalate it at all back to Ford or anything?

The instructions on sync update indicates that there should be 8-11 files in folder.
My download only shows 5. Should I be concerned? I'm already leary of updating to 3.4 with all the problems mentioned here.

15966394981632112059976695707171.jpg
You have everything needed to update if you choose to do so.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Just as I expected... Sorry to hear that.
Sponsored

Last edited: