First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 jeep TJ wrangler, 2021 ford ranger FX4 sCrew
Occupation
retired
it's now late. I heard rain...woke me up.

I get up early...usually around 4 am...drink coffee when it's quiet...read the news on the internet...get aggravated. It's now too soon to be up for good. so I checked on this site for a minute.

pretty foolish of me to so quickly be personal. the friendly replies today are great. this might be fun. I'll have to find my own balance of openness and secret agent.

when I was still in high school, my first car was a 1963 ford econoline van...6 cylinder 170 cubic inch....in the cab between the front seats...3 speed shift on the column. paid $500 for it with money from my summer job. My dad had me pull the cylinder head...took me down to the machine shop he liked to use and said this my son. while they had the head, he had me pull the pistons, cut the ring ridge, hone the cylinders. Also pulled the radiator, rebuilt the brakes, I don't remember what. he handed me wrenches...I got greasy. He wasn't a mechanic by profession...just something he grew up doing.

I was young and too stupid to understand how much it would mean to me...30-40 years later.

I hope I can do some/much of the maintenance on the new ford ranger. I have several tool boxes. But I'm older now, and I don't have the diagnostic tools that it may require. But if it's just wrenches and bolts...I plan to do some stuff to it over the next couple years.

mechanic5.jpg
mechanic3.jpg
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Even better when they out themselves right out of the gate! ?

E59C1919-DDD1-4E0C-A60F-04E5D9E3522F.gif
Welcome Steve. I too am a proud and defiant asshole but I try not to be... most of the time.

Also, as Nancy Reagan said, "Just say NO!" to dampers.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
One guess.... ?

Drunk.gif
So Dave (@AzScorpion ) falls off the stool - (cause it's late, he's tired, worked too hard, can't operate a stool...) and Al (@Texasota ) and Terry go running over to help. Terry's more concerned about spilling his coke can full of gasoline that he just took from Steve's (@daddy let me drive ) new truck cause the door "doesn't work" and Al immediately takes Dave's wallet cause he knows Dave just finished another day on the Ranger Shopping Network!! :whew:

Last edited:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
The tailgate shock is pervasive on many threads, so I became aware of it right away. And I get the humor. I don't need to make any enemies just yet. But I don't have any problem using my arm strength to lower and raise an aluminum tailgate.
Did you notice that Dave (@AzScorpion)? Steve is obviously a quick study and has joined the resistance right out of the starting gate. This is becoming more common with each new member that joins this forum.

Steve, Dave is a little bit unbalanced but we love him anyway. This is the silliest forum I have ever been on but also the most fun.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Did you notice that Dave (@AzScorpion)? Steve is obviously a quick study and has joined the resistance right out of the starting gate. This is becoming more common with each new member that joins this forum.

Steve, Dave is a little bit unbalanced but we love him anyway. This is the silliest forum I have ever been on but also the most fun.
Don't worry Al I think Steve will end up with a damper sooner than later. Your resistance group is small and getting smaller by the day.

BTW...What makes you think I'm unbalanced?

Cornholio.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
it's now late. I heard rain...woke me up.

I get up early...usually around 4 am...drink coffee when it's quiet...read the news on the internet...get aggravated. It's now too soon to be up for good. so I checked on this site for a minute.

pretty foolish of me to so quickly be personal. the friendly replies today are great. this might be fun. I'll have to find my own balance of openness and secret agent.

when I was still in high school, my first car was a 1963 ford econoline van...6 cylinder 170 cubic inch....in the cab between the front seats...3 speed shift on the column. paid $500 for it with money from my summer job. My dad had me pull the cylinder head...took me down to the machine shop he liked to use and said this my son. while they had the head, he had me pull the pistons, cut the ring ridge, hone the cylinders. Also pulled the radiator, rebuilt the brakes, I don't remember what. he handed me wrenches...I got greasy. He wasn't a mechanic by profession...just something he grew up doing.

I was young and too stupid to understand how much it would mean to me...30-40 years later.

I hope I can do some/much of the maintenance on the new ford ranger. I have several tool boxes. But I'm older now, and I don't have the diagnostic tools that it may require. But if it's just wrenches and bolts...I plan to do some stuff to it over the next couple years.

mechanic5.jpg
Something does not add on this picture. The rubber mallet is incorrect for any work on a Jeep. It has to be at least a 3 lb ball peen hammer....aka a Jeep wrench. :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Something wrong with the

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
hard to see, but there's a persuasive tool in my left hand...

thanks again to everyone for allowing me in the moose lodge.
I think this crown is deserved for that Moab trip! :like:

_grand_poobah.png
Sponsored