Hello from South Florida

franklewtie

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Hello all. I'll be retiring in less than 2 years and moving to the Ga. mountains. One year from now I'll be placing my order for a Ranger so I'm not sure what generation it will be. I'm looking forward to the new gen but also don't really like buying 1st model years. I would rather wait until any first years kinks are worked out but I'm sure I'll be excited either way. As I get closer I'll probably reach out for advise on which local dealers are best to deal with. In the meantime I will be be monitoring the forums to glean as much info as I can. Thanks for having me!
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hello all. I'll be retiring in less than 2 years and moving to the Ga. mountains. One year from now I'll be placing my order for a Ranger so I'm not sure what generation it will be. I'm looking forward to the new gen but also don't really like buying 1st model years. I would rather wait until any first years kinks are worked out but I'm sure I'll be excited either way. As I get closer I'll probably reach out for advise on which local dealers are best to deal with. In the meantime I will be be monitoring the forums to glean as much info as I can. Thanks for having me!
Welcome, Frank!

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

Welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't say that about 1st model years. I haven't had any problems with mine.

You'll soon find out the later models has a lot things taken away compared to first ones.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Welcome Frank! I'm the same with first year runs and have had my share of issues with them. But in todays world it seems like every model year has some issues big and small. With all the parts constraints I'd consider placing your order soon and it most likely won't get built until later next year anyways. Even if it does get built early you can either take delivery of it or wait until the following year. Most dealers don't care when this happen as now they can mark it up even higher. Just make sure your deposit is fully refundable.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Welcome Frank. Even waiting a year it's hard to say what model year/generation it will be. Things are in such a mess right now it's a roll of the dice.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Frank,

You sure are off to an early start. I hope the wait goes quickly for you.