First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 jeep TJ wrangler, 2021 ford ranger FX4 sCrew
Occupation
retired
I'm good natured usually. I'm 65 and was recently retired without expecting it. Stupid, weird year 2020. But I've landed on my feet, and so I proceeded to fulfill a goal of buying a truck when I got to this point. I landed on this forum accidentally several months ago while poking around on the internet.

I've been reading here pretty thoroughly, but there's so much to sort through. I didn't want to chime in until I had made a truck purchase. The tailgate shock is pervasive on many threads, so I became aware of it right away. And I get the humor. I don't need to make any enemies just yet. But I don't have any problem using my arm strength to lower and raise an aluminum tailgate.

Does mr. scorpion sell anything else I might want?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm good natured usually. I'm 65 and was recently retired without expecting it. Stupid, weird year 2020. But I've landed on my feet, and so I proceeded to fulfill a goal of buying a truck when I got to this point. I landed on this forum accidentally several months ago while poking around on the internet.

I've been reading here pretty thoroughly, but there's so much to sort through. I didn't want to chime in until I had made a truck purchase. The tailgate shock is pervasive on many threads, so I became aware of it right away. And I get the humor. I don't need to make any enemies just yet. But I don't have any problem using my arm strength to lower and raise an aluminum tailgate.

The damper has been a running joke here since it first came out. It's not needed because the tailgate is heavy (it's not) it's for convenience just like power windows. ?

I actually don't sell anything but I do research most things to death (serious OCD here) so I have a general idea of where the good deals are.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Welcome, also in FL. I get tired of the email notifications about threads I’ve replied to , months ago since there are some grave diggers on here so I’ll just unwatch all threads every once in awhile and that stops the notifications. Also changing the forum email address to a 2nd less used account helps as well .

OP
OP
daddy let me drive

daddy let me drive

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
3rd is me, and I'm an asshole as we have already determined.
I destroyed the reaction score expectations. ?‍♂
In my hours of reading, your contributions stood out...because of your signature line.

We have something in common. But today I'm needy.

Wait till you see what I ask next...

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
You’re being to proper here. Just Dave will do around here. Now as far as what’s next on the network channel I would imagine that graphene will come into the picture soon.

OP
OP
daddy let me drive

daddy let me drive

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
You guys can stop whenever you tire of me. I'm not offended. Thank you though for the welcome. I'll enjoy this "new thing" as I fix up my truck and take some pictures.

I've been a jeep guy for a long time. And I have not had technology to adapt to. Until now. So my lack of experience is embarrassing. I got my phone linked to the dash, so now it's like "my mother the car". And a few days ago I got help enabling the free wi-fi hotspot. I have to drive down the street so my home cable signal doesn't confuse me when I have to pick the hot spot signal. Next, I'll go down there, and log in to this site to post a picture of me in the truck bed surfing on my tablet.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
You guys can stop whenever you tire of me. I'm not offended. Thank you though for the welcome. I'll enjoy this "new thing" as I fix up my truck and take some pictures.

I've been a jeep guy for a long time. And I have not had technology to adapt to. Until now. So my lack of experience is embarrassing. I got my phone linked to the dash, so now it's like "my mother the car". And a few days ago I got help enabling the free wi-fi hotspot. I have to drive down the street so my home cable signal doesn't confuse me when I have to pick the hot spot signal. Next, I'll go down there, and log in to this site to post a picture of me in the truck bed surfing on my tablet.
It's all part of what makes this a community event (most of the time). But, like I mentioned, there are "lawn surprises" that you step in on occasion...Dave has a cleaner for that and a special code too .;)

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
RE: Reaction score

the conclusion is, the reaction scores are not a good way to determine someone worth. It determines how many people agree with your views. it's not all roses and patchouli around here.
Plus, he's from Canada and gets to claim this as "work related" so he can collect unemployment comp for his postings/reactions...:angel:;)

OP
OP
daddy let me drive

daddy let me drive

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I'm practicing here.

I tried to read comments from fellas (and gals) who had purchased the new edition of the ford ranger. My office is/was next door to a ford dealer. I drove past the truck lot every day. My cubicle neighbor at work drove a new F-150. And my dad was strictly ford...all his life. His last vehicle was a king ranch F-150 4-door 4x4. He's been gone 10 years now, but he'd be pleased I bought a new ranger.

Anyway...I was waiting for the new jeep pick-up. But somewhere in there, the 2019 ranger caught my eye. I have no regrets about it. But I didn't care if I had a touch screen display, or power windows even. I wanted a truck, 4x4. I don't know if the factory rear locker is going to be durable, but I have a jeep to play with. I keep a vehicle a long time if I like it. I hope the ranger lasts a long time.

I haven't had the truck long enough to be unhappy about anything. But I will probably keep comparing simplicity to complexity. My jeep is very simple, compared to any new vehicle...even the new jeeps.

So, there's this...I have the XL model. It has the 101A package. But the FX4 package requires the dress up STX wheels and whatever else. I knew all this from building what I wanted on ford.com. This truck was what I wanted. But I didn't want to order a truck. I mostly used the internet to check inventory in metro Orlando. But even the big dealers here had limited varieties of rangers. Mostly 2 wheel drive, lariat. So I ended up driving 240 miles to get what I wanted. The dealer I purchased from prefers carpet kits in their orders. So my truck is very nice...looks good. And the small town dealership experience was very good. Somehow it all worked out well.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
...So my truck is very nice...looks good. And the small town dealership experience was very good. Somehow it all worked out well.
In the end, that's all that matters...it is your truck and if you like what you do or don't do, it's still yours :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
thank you to everybody who took time for me today.

Steve
Steve just feel free to ask questions. Like you said there's so much tech in these trucks now it's sometimes easier to ask than read the owners manual which isn't all that helpful at times.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm practicing here.

I tried to read comments from fellas (and gals) who had purchased the new edition of the ford ranger. My office is/was next door to a ford dealer. I drove past the truck lot every day. My cubicle neighbor at work drove a new F-150. And my dad was strictly ford...all his life. His last vehicle was a king ranch F-150 4-door 4x4. He's been gone 10 years now, but he'd be pleased I bought a new ranger.

Anyway...I was waiting for the new jeep pick-up. But somewhere in there, the 2019 ranger caught my eye. I have no regrets about it. But I didn't care if I had a touch screen display, or power windows even. I wanted a truck, 4x4. I don't know if the factory rear locker is going to be durable, but I have a jeep to play with. I keep a vehicle a long time if I like it. I hope the ranger lasts a long time.

I haven't had the truck long enough to be unhappy about anything. But I will probably keep comparing simplicity to complexity. My jeep is very simple, compared to any new vehicle...even the new jeeps.

So, there's this...I have the XL model. It has the 101A package. But the FX4 package requires the dress up STX wheels and whatever else. I knew all this from building what I wanted on ford.com. This truck was what I wanted. But I didn't want to order a truck. I mostly used the internet to check inventory in metro Orlando. But even the big dealers here had limited varieties of rangers. Mostly 2 wheel drive, lariat. So I ended up driving 240 miles to get what I wanted. The dealer I purchased from prefers carpet kits in their orders. So my truck is very nice...looks good. And the small town dealership experience was very good. Somehow it all worked out well.
Hi Steve,

We test trucks, including Ranger on durability testing to the equivalent of 150,000 miles for a 90% customer, of which you are not even close, so I hope this truck provides you with the reliable longevity you seek. On my watch of the 4G, I am heartened to hear former Ranger owners boast of 200,000 - 300,000 miles on their Ranger at trade in. Ford Tough does mean something...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored