First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 jeep TJ wrangler, 2021 ford ranger FX4 sCrew
Occupation
retired
I'm Steve in central florida. Recently retired, and not particularly tech savvy. I've been reading some of the ranger discussion forums for several months for insight re the newest Ford Ranger. Just got approved to ask questions here.

Just purchased a 2021 Ranger...XL super crew 4wd. FX4/STX carbon gray. Will add a picture once I figure out a best method.

So...first questions. I don't see a "frequent questions" thread on here. Might be right in front of my nose, but if not. Can someone direct me. 16...18 years ago, I participated on a few jeep forums to learn and show. But time has passed and it's been many years since I did that. I put a few pictures on photobucket and used the [ img ] tags in my posts.

Is that still the way to go? Is there a newer, better way? Does this web site host pictures. I don't have my own web site...no facebook, etc. Looking for a free and simple/safe way.

I see a "attach files" option below where I'm now typing. Is it now possible to pull a .jpg photo file directly from my PC? Should I downsize the photo? (600x400, etc.)

Treat me like I'm ignorant...I don't mind.

Thanks, Steve
Sponsored

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
test...

ranger 1.jpg

okay...so maybe it's much more simple now? I did not edit the .jpg and just pulled it from a folder on my PC. Is that the smart way to go?

thanks, Steve
Yep, "Keep It Simple, Sir".

Welcome to the site.

The two best ways to get information; 1. Use the search feature, 2. Simply post your question, Someone will answer.

The first thing you will learn: everyone modifies their truck. The first mod is usually the Tailgate Assist. If you do install the Damper (Dampener) Do not tell anyone. There are some fine folks here that believe that dampened (not wet) trucks are only for wimps.

this site has some very simple unofficial rules, Be respectful, ask questions, and have fun. This is a great place for Ford Ranger Owners.

Larry and Lil Red.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Welcome aboard! Lots of great folks on this board! The search function here can be cumbersome at times. Some of us found using Google search with Ranger5G in the query will return the ‘hits’ you’re looking for. From what you found out for yourself attaching photos or documents is as easy as add this file. Have fun!!!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I'm Steve in central florida. Recently retired, and not particularly tech savvy. I've been reading some of the ranger discussion forums for several months for insight re the newest Ford Ranger. Just got approved to ask questions here.

Just purchased a 2021 Ranger...XL super crew 4wd. FX4/STX carbon gray. Will add a picture once I figure out a best method.

So...first questions. I don't see a "frequent questions" thread on here. Might be right in front of my nose, but if not. Can someone direct me. 16...18 years ago, I participated on a few jeep forums to learn and show. But time has passed and it's been many years since I did that. I put a few pictures on photobucket and used the [ img ] tags in my posts.

Is that still the way to go? Is there a newer, better way? Does this web site host pictures. I don't have my own web site...no facebook, etc. Looking for a free and simple/safe way.

I see a "attach files" option below where I'm now typing. Is it now possible to pull a .jpg photo file directly from my PC? Should I downsize the photo? (600x400, etc.)

Treat me like I'm ignorant...I don't mind.

Thanks, Steve
Welcome!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Welcome Steve! The search bar can be hit our miss but it's best to try it first. As Rick said sometimes using Google will get you better results but if not just ask your question in the desired area and someone will answer you. Just a warning DO NOT listen to some of the Anti-Damper folks on here. Since they don't have one they have NO IDEA what they're missing! When you're ready let me know and I'll hook you up with the link and code for free shipping and (everyones favorite) the free digital damper t shirt. ?

OP
OP
daddy let me drive

daddy let me drive

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Well...thank you so far. I've already spent probably 50-60 hours on this site reading. Just sort of hit or miss looking at the headlines. And I already recognize the names that said hello above.

Lots of content, so it will take a while before I've read every post. I've used the search, and I think I understand the etiquette of that. Pretty sure I'll embarrass myself with the basics of participating. It'll get better.

I plan to do stuff to make my new truck "mine". Only have 400 miles on the odometer. Already got floor mats and windshield sunshade. Couple other small things.

I still drive my jeep mostly. Been too many years...it's part of me. And I try to do my own wrenching on it. Common fix-ups popular with jeeps.

But I'm very happy with the Ranger. I had to search for the one I wanted. Online bird-dogging. Found it in Valdosta, Ga. Drove up after calling the dealer to see if it was still available. Had a good experience with them and I can name them if that's appropriate here.

I'll get some pictures copied from old cd's in a drawer...This one is already on my laptop.

jeep tj dirty 1 jan09.jpg

OP
OP
daddy let me drive

daddy let me drive

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
So I'm looking at the preferences check boxes...notifications and alerts and email stuff. Lots of choices to make and not sure what is useful to me. Any suggestions on what you all find useful? What you find you don't need?

Also gotta come up with some kind of amusing avatar for my picture on the left. Haven't looked at how that works yet. Do you use a small image file?

I'll take a breath and see how it goes. Then I guess I'll show up on the general discussion subforum and wade in.

thanks, Steve

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So I'm looking at the preferences check boxes...notifications and alerts and email stuff. Lots of choices to make and not sure what is useful to me. Any suggestions on what you all find useful? What you find you don't need?

Also gotta come up with some kind of amusing avatar for my picture on the left. Haven't looked at how that works yet. Do you use a small image file?

I'll take a breath and see how it goes. Then I guess I'll show up on the general discussion subforum and wade in.

thanks, Steve
Here's how I set mine up but you can adjust yours if you don't like certain notifications. Sorry for all the pictures but it was the easiest way and gives you a better visual.

Preferences  2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com.jpg

Preferences  2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com.jpg

OP
OP
daddy let me drive

daddy let me drive

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Here's how I set mine up but you can adjust yours if you don't like certain notifications. Sorry for all the pictures but it was the easiest way and gives you a better visual.
thank you mr. scorpian. you're not obligated to hold my hand, but I DO appreciate it. Many of your preferences are checked as ok. Mine are the default status, which is also very similar to yours.

I was just over at google search looking for some basic internet forum usage tips. I'll get squared up shortly. You have a high "reaction score". I guess that is similar to "likes" from other readers here? Do I show my gratitude by clicking the "like" button after you responded?

I've got 15 already...I just got to the party. Haven't even got a drink yet.

now gotta figure out what "push notification" is.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
thank you mr. scorpian. you're not obligated to hold my hand, but I DO appreciate it. Many of your preferences are checked as ok. Mine are the default status, which is also very similar to yours.

I was just over at google search looking for some basic internet forum usage tips. I'll get squared up shortly. You have a high "reaction score". I guess that is similar to "likes" from other readers here? Do I show my gratitude by clicking the "like" button after you responded?

I left most of mine on the default ones too but did change a few. I couldn't remember what they were originally so it was just easier for me to screen shoot it for you. :)

Did you say drink? Here's a thread you might be interested in. ?

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...were-done-with-your-ranger-for-the-day.12557/

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

Hi Steve, welcome to weirdsville...it'll get stranger as you hang around. :crazy:

I see you've already stepped in it and heard about it and signed up for it and...lol :lipssealed:

If you ever watched X Files, you'll know that "The Truth is Out There" and most of the time, you'll get all 100 versions of it on any subject, except dampers. They seemed to have caused the Civil War (or War Between the States), cancer, cured the common cold, let you walk backwards down stairs or follow lemmings to the sea, killed baby animals, put grandma in a senior home and on and on.

Lot of great resources and people willing to help. Trust your judgement, cause you'll learn when and where to do so, the more you hang around.

That Dave guy (@AzScorpion ) runs the Home Shopping Network on this forum (Ranger Dave's Shopping Network). He has a lot of info on just about everything for the Ranger and most all of it is pretty good (good enough to let you make a more informed decision that is).

Best of all, you'll have a lot of fun hanging around here, meeting all the inhabitants of Weirdsville. :turkey:

Good luck!

(oh yeah, Dave prefers you buy product instead of giving him a "like"... lol!!! just kidding you?)

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Jeez Dave, what is it 10 o'clock? Are you 5 shots in already???

:LOL:
Terry you should know by now I don't even waste my time with shots anymore. It's the only way! ?

Jack Daniels IV.png
Sponsored