John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone. I'll have to look into this damper thing.

I'm looking at maybe getting a locking diff installed. Harrops rep says they have one compatable. Debating if it's worth the price though.
I'd wait and get a feel for your use. I'm guessing that $ would probably pay for suspension upgrades you'll like day to day a lot more than you'll use the locking diff.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all. New guy here. Got a 2019 Ranger stx 4x4. Open diff rear unfortunately. Looking to upgrade the suspension, wheels. Mostly drive around construction sites. Might look into doing some off roading though. Any advice you can give appreciated.

PXL_20220602_223832847.jpg
Bring money, lots of money...

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I'd wait and get a feel for your use. I'm guessing that $ would probably pay for suspension upgrades you'll like day to day a lot more than you'll use the locking diff.
i sorta wish i did my shocks springs and struts first and then tires lol but i got all excited for better tires lol.

OP
OP

Scytale

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Stx 4x4
Yea, I'm liking the fox 2.0 suspension kit. Not sure what the difference between the rouse and Ford performance ones are.

The ride is a little bit bouncy/shaky. I had a 2015 f150 with 260k on it I totalled about a month ago. It road very nice. Wanted something smaller this time, and I liked my buddies older ranger.

So maybe it is suspension I'll hit first

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Hey all. New guy here. Got a 2019 Ranger stx 4x4. Open diff rear unfortunately. Looking to upgrade the suspension, wheels. Mostly drive around construction sites. Might look into doing some off roading though. Any advice you can give appreciated.

PXL_20220602_223832847.jpg
Beautiful, no nonsense, Work horse Ranger. you did Very Well!

OP
OP

Scytale

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Stx 4x4
OP
OP

Scytale

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Stx 4x4
:LOL:

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
Yea, I'm liking the fox 2.0 suspension kit. Not sure what the difference between the rouse and Ford performance ones are.

The ride is a little bit bouncy/shaky. I had a 2015 f150 with 260k on it I totalled about a month ago. It road very nice. Wanted something smaller this time, and I liked my buddies older ranger.

My first mod was the Fox 2.0's with a 1" block in the rear to keep the stock rake. I have a trailer, so I wanted to keep it ass up and not leveled.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Hey, Rory, the Ford (Fox) Performance Leveling Kit was the first mod for my 2019 Ranger and the best! Really calms the bouncy/shaky ride. I later had an emailed exchange with the folks at Levittown Ford Parts about the Roush vs. the Fox kit, and they told me frankly that there is no real difference.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I also had the Ford/Fox 2.0 level kit on my 2019 Ranger.
Made a huge difference in the overall ride.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I figure new tires are my first priority.
The tires work fine until you need something hardcore if you are planning to go bigger do it properly ride out the tires and do a suspension job first, I'd recommend bare minimum rear shocks and a lift then you can put on bigger tires. Depending on the size you may need either new wheels cause of the offset or spacers. I am on a 3.5 inch lift and have 315 70 r 17 which is pretty close to 35x12.5 r17 and they work perfectly and it handles great on and offroad. You need 3.5 minimum for that and you will have to cut the crash bars but the look on 35's is incredible so go big. I am also in florida and I got my stuff done at 4 wheel parts they did a great job and they also will install if you buy the stuff elsewhere and bring it to them which a lot of shops dont do

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Rory,
Nice truck and welcome to 5g! Quick...take a look at your wallet right now for the memory because it will soon look like this! :LOL:

1655314873615.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

Scytale

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Stx 4x4
The tires work fine until you need something hardcore if you are planning to go bigger do it properly ride out the tires and do a suspension job first, I'd recommend bare minimum rear shocks and a lift then you can put on bigger tires. Depending on the size you may need either new wheels cause of the offset or spacers. I am on a 3.5 inch lift and have 315 70 r 17 which is pretty close to 35x12.5 r17 and they work perfectly and it handles great on and offroad. You need 3.5 minimum for that and you will have to cut the crash bars but the look on 35's is incredible so go big. I am also in florida and I got my stuff done at 4 wheel parts they did a great job and they also will install if you buy the stuff elsewhere and bring it to them which a lot of shops dont do
The one in Miami gardens?
Sponsored