Job, what do you do

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I am a full time Georgia Air National Guard Civil Service GS Technician during the week and on my drill weekends I'm a Master Sergeant (E7). I am a Logistics Planner for my Wing, formerly a Crew Chief (aircraft mechanic) on the C-130 and a Unit Deployment Manager for the Maintenance Group. The odd part...though technically during the week I am a civilian, I am still in my military uniform and am referred to by my rank.
Sponsored

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
I have a truly sh***y job. I am a municipal wastewater treatment supervisor for a city of 39,000. I over see 11 people, 2 treatment plants, 7 pumping stations, 2 remote wet weather treatment facilities, a wet weather holding tank and a treated outfall. I also supervise a 1200kWH hydroelectric dam. I worked my way up from a lab tech to become supervisor 5 yrs ago. Friday Jan 3 is my 31st anniversary.

lobsta11

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 magnetic grey, 302A & tech pkg. 2019 is gone. XLT super cab, ingot silver, 302a, tow & tech packages
:facepalm:I don't remember. I've been retired since 2003.
Al

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I'm a retired Diesel Mechanic with 44 years at only 3 different jobs. I started out in the Army as a 63C20 track mechanic on M60 tanks. The ones that were in Vietnam and Germany where I was stationed. I worked on anything that propelled itself with tracks or wheels. When i got home, I went to work for my local public transit bus system for 14 years doing almost any type of repair that was needed.
Last up i spent 28 years working in Fleet Maintenance for a wholesale food and beverage distributor. We serviced and repaired everything from Forklifts / Pallet Jacks, Autos, Suvs, Pickups, Vans and Class 7 and 8 tractors and trailers with TK refrigeration. I spent the final 10+ years as the shop foreman / parts inventory control. There were over 600 pieces of equipment in the fleet. I rode both street and offroad motorcycles for 35 years but I no longer do that. I have always been a car and bike nut from before i was old enough to drive. I am enjoying retirement but i still do my own service work on my vehicles and most all the repairs around the house.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of military (or retired military) here. Thanks for your service all!

Wonder if it’s a Ranger thing or a pickup thing?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good question. Forty plus years of employment with a crowded resume. Journeyman Tool & Die maker and welder. Full bodied race car builder (oval and road racing) Collision repair owner/tech/motorcycle/car modifying and restoration. Sales and repair person of OE and custom wheels. In plain text, I build, modify and repair stuff. Favorite job: 18U baseball coach.

LNK_Keff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat sport 501 magnetic gray, 2018 Volvo XC90 T5, 1963 Chevrolet Impala 2 door coupe
Occupation
Logistics Manager
I’m a manager in the import/export/logistics department for the Kawasaki plant in Lincoln, NE. We’re the only plant in the world that makes the Mule, Teryx, and JetSki products. Sister plant next door makes mass transit rail cars for the east coast railways.

WVmanowar

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not a truck
Army Logistician for more than 25 years and facing retirement this summer. Not sure what I want to do when I retire though. I can't stay in Fairfax County, VA unless I start a new career. Might move back to WV, but I'm flexible.

So glad to get the Ranger. I get to bowhunt here in a deer management program, so the Ranger is so much better to tote my hunting gear and I can still park in a parking garage easily.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
A pneumatic operated valve SME for the maintenance department at an oil refinery. Been in this industry for 11+ years much more if you consider overtime hours worked.