Job, what do you do

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
I work as a Master Black Belt in the medical device industry. No, it doesn’t mean I’m good at karate ?. It’s all about Continuous Process Improvement and Lean. I’m sure Ford has a few MBB’s running around.
Sponsored

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
Worked for the Federal government as public works electrician (after being an aviation electrician in the Navy) untill the base in work at closed. VA determined im 100% disabled after heart surgery due to service connected issues. Sort of semi-retired now.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I work as a Master Black Belt in the medical device industry. No, it doesn’t mean I’m good at karate ?. It’s all about Continuous Process Improvement and Lean. I’m sure Ford has a few MBB’s running around.
Yep, they have Six Sigma.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
34 straight years sworn with the Sheriff's office, retired in August after 32 years and 7 months full-time, Merit Lieutenant, 75% on night shift & SCUBA/ Fast water rescue commander.
Firearms, Advanced EVO & STOPS instructor. Asst Jail Cmdr all of 2020, bad timing for that gig, major construction, Covid and the haters. ? managing who and what we had was the easy part.
Spent the summer and fall catching up on some chores, have a major plumbing repair to make this spring then tear out and replace all of the privacy fence then I will jump back into the job market, something that's a lot less stressful ?

Last edited:

onthejob

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, 501A, Spt Appearance, Tow, Fox Shocks
32 years and counting full time law enforcement, the last 22 years as an investigator. Currently, working child abuse cases (again) but I've done everything from inner city street level crime investigations, to homicide unit, to working in a downtown business district handling theft and fraud cases. I got to do a lot over the years in voluntary part time positions as well; 14 years on the SWAT team as a sniper, 16 years as a hostage negotiator (current) and also as a firearms instructor. I like bourbon and guns.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
32 years and counting full time law enforcement, the last 22 years as an investigator. Currently, working child abuse cases (again) but I've done everything from inner city street level crime investigations, to homicide unit, to working in a downtown business district handling theft and fraud cases. I got to do a lot over the years in voluntary part time positions as well; 14 years on the SWAT team as a sniper, 16 years as a hostage negotiator (current) and also as a firearms instructor. I like bourbon and guns.
Thank you for your service brother.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I'm noticing a trend here. There doesn't seem to be very many Instagram influencers, baristas, academics or yoga instructors around here. Not that there is anything at all wrong with those professions, of course - it takes a planet of billions.

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
the last 5 years I have been working on wife`s nerves. :LOL:
before this last gig I spent 32 years in a steel mill working rotating shifts . :crying:

a big thank you to all the military ,police ,fire & health care workers :rockon:

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
the last 5 years I have been working on wife`s nerves. :LOL:
before this last gig I spent 32 years in a steel mill working rotating shifts . :crying:

a big thank you to all the military ,police ,fire & health care workers :rockon:
Sharky, tell your wife we are all sorry on your behalf. ?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I started off as a weldor after HS, went to the local community college and attended the year long welding program...worked as a weldor/fabricator for a couple years...I still love welding. Joined the USAF in December 1989 and was a dental assistant for 8 yrs, then cross-trained and became a dental lab tech for 14 yrs. Did MANY "additional duties" over the years. Member and team leader for our DECON mobility team and later, our IPPDC (In-Place Patient DeCon) team leader. Also had the "privilege" as a wizz-quiz/golden flow/ wiener watch/peter-patrol observer....watched other guys pee in a cup for drug testing....one of the many "benefits" when one becomes an NCO. Retired on 1 Jan 2012....22 yrs, 27 days. After that, I was a volunteer FF and got my EMT-B license before going to the gunsmithing program at CST in Colorado for 14 months....never opened a shop. My cardiologist suggested that if I was able to fully retire after I retired from the AF, that I should, so I took his advice.

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
I'm noticing a trend here. There doesn't seem to be very many Instagram influencers, baristas, academics or yoga instructors around here. Not that there is anything at all wrong with those professions, of course - it takes a planet of billions.
or lawyers . . .

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Started out a machinist and then became a toolmaker. From there went on to owning my own industrial diamond co. Yup we revolutionized the tooling industry from automotive, aerospace to small engine builds back in the 70’s and 80’s. We made the tooling that allowed the tiles on the space shuttle to fit so tightly. Sold that company after 11 years. Then retired at 44 years old. 5 years later my lovely wife sat me down at kitchen table and said, ether you’re getting a job or I am. Otherwise someone is gonna die that lives here ?. Got a consultant gig at a medical startup. They wanted me to introduce their first automation. That company was 50 employees doing about 8M a year back then. Today same company is 695 employees at 5 locations doing 120M a year. Automation, robots and six sigma are everywhere. Primarily now I work with Doctors and other medical companies designing and inventing the newest medical devices being introduced to market. The biggest reward in all of it is meeting someone that something I was involved in benefited their life’s. Some of the stuff we do is implanted so these folks have no other options otherwise.

I was supposed to retire last year but they keep throwing money at me to stay. I still love what I do so... I just keep showing up!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Well, it went like this. Started my working life at 14 years old at a local hardware store after school & weekends. Went in to buy a ball glove, and the owner and Pop decided I needed a job. I made a whopping 75 cents a hour. Graduated high school still at the hardware store thinking, what the hell am I going to do with my life. I'd been in JRROTC through high school, so what the heck I'll join the Air Force. In the mist of setting things up with the recruiter, the Chief of Police (who stopped by often to talk to the owner) came in, but talked with me first. Said they were going to hire 3 young men to be the first Communications Officers at the PD. I'm only 18, so what the hell. My Brother-in-Law was a Police Officer in Hollywood, FLA, and I always thought he was cool. So there I go, and hit the road at 21. Did my time, and said enough is enough. Retired as a Detective Sgt. Now I'm retired, and still too young to stop work. Plus city retirement is crap, and I'm sure my other brothers here know what I mean. Applied, and went to work at Philip Morris USA in my town as a machine operator. Easy job, but boring as hell. I do admire anyone that can handle that type job, and not lose their mind. So, ran for Shop Steward. Spend most of my time working with the Union. The Company decided they were going to combine production (pretty word for shut down), and said "you can go to Richmond if you want". Richmond, VA, really, no thank you. Been there too many times, don't like it, never will. So, I retired at 55, and found it's the "Best damn job I ever had". :)

@AzScorpion BTW Dave, My Interior Decorator has decided she wants a kitchen redo. Stop by if you get a chance.:p:D

Oh, and another strange thing. The house I live in was built in 1925 by the owner of the hardware store that gave me my first job. Yeah, it just happened that way.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well, it went like this. Started my working life at 14 years old at a local hardware store after school & weekends. Went in to buy a ball glove, and the owner and Pop decided I needed a job. I made a whopping 75 cents a hour. Graduated high school still at the hardware store thinking, what the hell am I going to do with my life. I'd been in JRROTC through high school, so what the heck I'll join the Air Force. In the mist of setting things up with the recruiter, the Chief of Police (who stopped by often to talk to the owner) came in, but talked with me first. Said they were going to hire 3 young men to be the first Communications Officers at the PD. I'm only 18, so what the hell. My Brother-in-Law was a Police Officer in Hollywood, FLA, and I always thought he was cool. So there I go, and hit the road at 21. Did my time, and said enough is enough. Retired as a Detective Sgt. Now I'm retired, and still too young to stop work. Plus city retirement is crap, and I'm sure my other brothers here know what I mean. Applied, and went to work at Philip Morris USA in my town as a machine operator. Easy job, but boring as hell. I do admire anyone that can handle that type job, and not lose their mind. So, ran for Shop Steward. Spend most of my time working with the Union. The Company decided they were going to combine production (pretty word for shut down), and said "you can go to Richmond if you want". Richmond, VA, really, no thank you. Been there too many times, don't like it, never will. So, I retired at 55, and found it's the "Best damn job I ever had". :)

@AzScorpion BTW Dave, My Interior Decorator has decided she wants a kitchen redo. Stop by if you get a chance.:p:D
Jim, Tell her to hold off a year and when we meet up in IA I'll come back by your way. Although I don't think much all that much work will get done. ;) ?
Sponsored