First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Automotive Designer (draftsman) In the Ford environment. 10 yrs Ford, 10 yrs Visteon, 12 years (and counting) ThyssenKrupp Presta (where we produce P375N Ishafts). Had some input on various Ranger drawings over the years. Currently awaiting delivery of my 2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Supercab.
Sponsored

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
One of my co-workers is retired Navy. I thank him for his service in the coast guard all the time.
We never get tired of ridiculing Sailors, but it goes both ways. I have just under two years of sea time on various floating penal colonies, and I’ve met some remarkable people along the way. Those ridiculous white uniforms, though...

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
Haha, when i went through MEPS the OIC was Navy, and boy did let me have it haha. Afterwards though, at the end of the day, he called me out in front of everyone, and i thought for sure i was gunna get it... but he did something i will never forget. He said that he only gives Coasties grief like that because there are so few of us, and that it takes a lot to get into the USCG. He then told me he was proud of me and that he wouldn't be the last person to harass me in my career haha

Larrykime

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SCab Lariat 4X2, 2019 MX5, 2008 Expedition
Occupation
Crane Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
For my first Career I was a "dirt boy" Active Duty heavy equipment operator in the USAF. Retired after 21 years.
My second Career. I am a Crane and Lifting SME. I travel the world helping folks not to drop things. Between the two careers, I have had the opportunity to visit all 50 states and to 35 different countries. Every week is truly a different job. The only thing that does not change between jobs is physics. If you violate weight times distance then you will be living on the moment. When I am not playing with Cranes, I am driving little fast cars down winding roads.

GtownRanger

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Engineer
Does/has anyone worked in cyber security? I’m thinking about making a career change but honestly don’t know anyone in the field so was curious if anyone here was.
Yes sir , I am the Director of Critical Infrastructure and Cybersecurity for a private firm in Canada. I’ve worked in I.T for 25yrs ....fun stuff.

Duwop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F250 Platinum 57 Chevy 3800 96 F150 20 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Professional Roofer started my career in 84 as a kettleman moved to Soflo became chief/foreman 87 got roofing contractor license in 96 retired 2010. Now I fancy myself as a hunter, fisherman and all round outdoorsman because when I was a working man I put my career first most of the time to become successful and I think it worked out the way it should have.
Thanks to all who have shared as its great to get a perspective of others experiences.

Skeezix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Electronic Tech
20 years as a radio maintenance technician in the USAF.
After I retired I decided to do something completely different.
So now I am a radio maintenance tech as a contractor for the
USMC. Been here for 20 years so far. So basically 40 years of
fixing communications equipment. Yippee.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
It's really interesting to see such a vast array of professions listed!

I've been a waiter, a chef, a wrecker driver, a technical illustrator, a graphic artist, a computer systems administrator, an application developer, quality assurance engineer, a database engineer, and a DevOps full stack engineer. Many of these things I have done at the same time.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Retired 10+ years now, but worked 37 years for a Railway. I started off as a laborer as a summer job,, then was machine operator/ mechanic/ supervisor / management.

I was very fortunate that they gave me the freedom to solve problems. I was on call 24/7, 365, but loved it. I wore many hats at the end of my career. I had a lot of great supportive bosses which helped.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've been a Police Officer for 21+ years. Started off with a small department where I put in 2.5 years of service and served a real life 21 Jump Street role of buying dope in high school as a 26 year old rookie while also solving a random got lucky arson case. I've worked the past 19 years, all patrol, in Austin, TX. I was the first officer on scene of the first bombing our city had back in 2018. I've seen more life changing events in a given week than most people see in a lifetime. I can't wait to retire in 4 years and hopefully forget about most of it! I'm trying to make millions on inventing this "Men in Black" device to help fellow Officers.
IMG_1410.JPG

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I've been a Police Officer for 21+ years. Started off with a small department where I put in 2.5 years of service and served a real life 21 Jump Street role of buying dope in high school as a 26 year old rookie while also solving a random got lucky arson case. I've worked the past 19 years, all patrol, in Austin, TX. I was the first officer on scene of the first bombing our city had back in 2018. I've seen more life changing events in a given week than most people see in a lifetime. I can't wait to retire in 4 years and hopefully forget about most of it! I'm trying to make millions on inventing this "Men in Black" device to help fellow Officers.
IMG_1410.JPG
I completely admire people in service that witness the absolute worst that society has to offer and still maintain the desire to continue to serve. ?????
Sponsored