First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Slave to education and currently an instructor at a university, diversity equity inclusion manager or community college professor is on the horizon though.

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
I am a retired railroad construction gang signalman. I helped install road crossing gates and lights and train control signals. I was, also, a union representative for 30 years. :cool:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nevermind the occupation description below my avatar...I'm really a DeeZee Damper endurance tester...
Sids been secretly working for me on a new secret damper project. Even you damper haters will want one of these. ?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Former Firefighter/EMT. Now I'm older and have old guy knees, so I run the Emergency Ops Center 12 hours a day. Basically I sit in a chair and watch what the incidents the 13 police departments and 18 fire departments in my county are handling and then ensure the two dispatch centers are handling it correctly. During last year's mess, I added counting available hospital beds at the three hospitals in the regional on an hourly basis.

DrPep

First Name
Pepijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, VW Golf, Ranger, Indian Scout, Beta RRS
Occupation
Research
Interesting thread to read through.

I'm a research scientist in charge of managing the 'innovation' team within one of the largest nonprofits in the SF Bay Area. I work with scientists and schools on improving education for young kids (pre-K through 3rd grade), particularly language and STEM skills. It's an interesting time since there's a lot of federal and state funding flowing into this space at the moment. But oftentimes bureaucracy and vested interests stand in the way of implementing methods that are supported by the evidence. That can be frustrating but it's also my job to work with policymakers to try and make some of the new approaches palatable on a larger scale.

Most of my colleagues are women, and as a somewhat atypical scientist who's into MMA (used to be an amateur fighter) with full sleeves, a bunch of guns and a collection of motorcycles I always feel like I stand out a bit. But it's a great career and it's nice to try and help kids.