Jeep says its new electric Wrangler concept goes 0-60 mph in 2 seconds, matching Tesla's $136,000 car

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks like Jeep had a plan when they cancelled the 392 for this new EV. Although it’s a concept it’s still could be incorporated into future models. This one has a 2.0, 6 Spd manual, 600 hp and does 0-60 in 2 seconds. :shock:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jeep-says-electric-wrangler-concept-160208876.html

Fully electric Jeeps are coming. And the brand just offered a glimpse at what it has in store.

Jeep on Friday unveiled an incredibly quick, battery-powered spin on its classic Wrangler SUV. The Wrangler Magneto 2.0, as its name suggests, is a redesigned version of a similar concept SUV Jeep revealed last year.
The brand will show off the electric 4x4 and several other concepts at the Easter Jeep Safari, an annual gathering for off-roading enthusiasts in Moab, Utah. Since the Magneto 2.0 is just a concept vehicle, it's more of a design exercise to understand consumer interest and preview some features rather than a production-ready model.
What also sets the Magneto 2.0 apart from electric vehicles on the market today is its six-speed manual transmission. Electric cars generally have a single gear.

Jeep has said it is working on an electric SUV for off-roading, so the Magneto 2.0 could preview some elements of that future model. The Wrangler-type SUV is just one of a slew of hybrid and electric models that Jeep and its parent company, Stellantis, plan to introduce in the coming years. Through 2025, Stellantis aims to invest some $35 billion in electrification, software, and related technologies.
Jeep Wrangler Magneto.jpg

Jeep Wrangler Magneto 2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
love the look and the concept....but does anyone really want to accelerate that fast in a Jeep?
seems like a death wish to me.
I don't see the appeal in it myself. I mean it's cool and all and I think it looks bad ass but totally impractical.

I've had mine up to 80 mph and it was fast enough for me. It was still stable and straight but just felt like at any time you could get out of control fast. But there's no aerodynamics to it and the SFA is not as nice on the road at higher speeds like the IFS is. It still surprises me how many buy the 392 now and it's not just guys buying them. There are many women on the JL forum who buy them too so as long as they sell (for a hefty price too) Jeep is laughing all the way to the bank.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Looks like Jeep had a plan when they cancelled the 392 for this new EV. Although it’s a concept it’s still could be incorporated into future models. This one has a 2.0, 6 Spd manual, 600 hp and does 0-60 in 2 seconds. :shock:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jeep-says-electric-wrangler-concept-160208876.html

Jeep Wrangler Magneto.jpg

Jeep Wrangler Magneto 2.jpg
POOPIE...thats nuthin !!!
I installed something similar to this, and now I can go to Warp 9 in less than one second !!!
Came with button and everything to install for $2.99 on ESTY.

B0tCF1lCcAAFdRU.jpg

Last edited:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
POOPIE...thats nuthin !!!
I installed something similar to this, and now I can go to Warp 9 in less than one second !!!
Came with button and everything to install for $2.99 on ESTY.

B0tCF1lCcAAFdRU.jpg
I'd love to get that for my brother. He converted an El Camino to electric and drag races it.

My brother in law has a heavily modded forerunner with a sticker: "Yours may go fast but mine goes anywhere"

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
yeah and I wouldn't be surprised if Jeep claims 1.5 skid pad numbers, I'd look for those jolly lads over at TFL to test out the 0 to 60 times.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
I'm all for anything that will make my 3.6 Pentastar jeep faster. It's slow as crap. If I keep my jeep long enough, I'll swap a V8 or maybe the i6 turbo in.

Reactions: Doc

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
It gets to 60 fast and then you have to recharge the batt. You going to need solar panels and lots of time in the woods. What a joke.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
this is called a "trail"

1649517424179.png

and this is also called a trail

1649517484654.png

sometimes the soccer moms make that mistake
Here that first picture is usually refereed to as a fire service road. But some mall crawlers like to think they're actually "off roading" and tell their friends they were out on the trails today. lol Now there's nothing wrong with them and there are several like that up in Flagstaff and we have a lot of fun on them. I just don't tell people were were "off roading" when we do them.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
0-60 in 2 secs? Not with a manual trans. Hell, even Tesla's claim to 0-60 in under 2 secs. is dubious, as they don't include the starting roll.

Tesla Plaid 0-60 Claim

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Those are 40” tires on the magneto 2.0

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Buddy of mine has a built 460 in a cj5. No, I won't ride in it.
My BIL is finishing up an LS swap on his CJ-7.

Powerfull Jeeps can be a thing, and can be fun.

The LSX Willie's looks like a hoot!

That being said, the look of that concept is tough!

Much better looking than current Jeeps, sorry Dave.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
It gets to 60 fast and then you have to recharge the batt. You going to need solar panels and lots of time in the woods. What a joke.
When your electric vehicles battery dies,
WHO YA GONNA CALL ?????

download.jpg
Sponsored