First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
These are some impressive number here. I wonder if Ford will match this with an EV GT500?

https://autos.yahoo.com/dodge-launch-worlds-first-electric-132500545.html

The car will be built on the STLA Large platform, one of four battery electric vehicleplatforms announced by Stellantis, with a 0-to-60 time as low as 2 seconds and a range of up to 500 miles, Stellantis said. The automaker also hinted at a maximum power output of as high as 886 horsepower courtesy of a pair of 330-kilowatt electric motors.

The automaker's electrification messaging is a bit convoluted. Along with a statement that "Dodge will not sell electric cars" but "will sell American muscle," the company says its engineers have reached the limit of what they can pump out of internal combustion engines. Therefore, Dodge "has an obligation to embrace" electrification for more performance. Considering there's an electric muscle car coming in 2024, it seems that Dodge will sell electric cars after all.

That's all we know for now. Will this be an electric Challenger? Charger? Is it something completely new? Or will Dodge instead resurrect another name from its past? We can't wait to find out. Stay tuned for more.
Sponsored

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It seems all Dodge knows how to do these days is put a hellcat motor in everything...... :LOL:
Lol it does seem like that's their solution to everything. It's like they sit around the boardroom thinking "What can we do with that mini van...Stuff a Hellcat motor into it"! :shock:

I think that's why I was surprised to see this. I think we're going to see some really great vehicles come out in the next few years. I'm still learning about these EV's and they're very impressive at the numbers they can produce. I love all this technology but I really hope we can get our electrical grids up to par to sustain all these new EV/PHEV's coming out.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
It seems all Dodge knows how to do these days is put a hellcat motor in everything...... :LOL:
I dont see the problem here :LOL:

On a serious note though, we only have a short time left for V8 muscle on the streets.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lol it does seem like that's their solution to everything. It's like they sit around the boardroom thinking "What can we do with that mini van...Stuff a Hellcat motor into it"! :shock:

I think that's why I was surprised to see this. I think we're going to see some really great vehicles come out in the next few years. I'm still learning about these EV's and they're very impressive at the numbers they can produce. I love all this technology but I really hope we can get our electrical grids up to par to sustain all these new EV/PHEV's coming out.
I just watched (it was actually pretty interesting) a TFL truck video where they ran an old Chevy Spark down to nothing and then recharged it from an F-150 Hybrid with the 7.2kv option. They charged it for about 10 mins to get it on their trailer and then re-charged it about 30% of the way while they trailered it home.

I do think we are going to have some "growing pains" with EVs and the electric grid, but my hope is that technology will somehow save us there as well. Time will tell.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
what's wrong with that?

I'd love Ford to put a coyote in my ranger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
what's wrong with that?

I'd love Ford to put a coyote in my ranger
Nothing wrong with it, but it would be nice to have some more original ideas or designs other than "shove a hellcat in it".

One thing Dodge does well, I think and that is design. They did an awesome job on the design of the challenger and charger - they both echoed the originals really well I thought while giving them a mean, aggressive look. Where they fail, IMO, is in the execution of the designs - i.e. reliability.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Nothing wrong with it, but it would be nice to have some more original ideas or designs other than "shove a hellcat in it".

One thing Dodge does well, I think and that is design. They did an awesome job on the design of the challenger and charger - they both echoed the originals really well I thought while giving them a mean, aggressive look. Where they fail, IMO, is in the execution of the designs - i.e. reliability.
To be fair Ford does the same.

"Shove an EcoBoost in it!"

Which I'm all for. I have EcoBoost money. I don't have Hellcat money.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair Ford does the same.

"Shove an EcoBoost in it!"

Which I'm all for. I have EcoBoost money. I don't have Hellcat money.
Agreed, however to me, the EcoBoost direction makes perfect sense. It allows Ford to get better performance AND better MPG which helps with all the CAFE stuff.

I can only imagine what the "put a hellcat in it" is doing to Dodge's CAFE stats. They get HORRIBLE mileage. Maybe it isn't as big of an impact because they don't sell a ton of them.

I'm personally really happy with the EcoBoost platform. While I'm sure a hellcat would put a smile of my face when I hit the skinny pedal, I'm not so sure I'd be happy every time I filled it up.

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
muscle car and electric do not go together. i dont care how fast it is. i call blasphemy
long live the gas chuggin v8! my mustangs ran on the tears of hippies and i loved every damn second.

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
I’m glad dodge is doing that. They’ve gotten stale
Sponsored