Is your Ford Pass app working?

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
What an incredibly inconsistent system - everyone having a different experience is just plain goofy.

I have never updated my Sync3 (not sure what I might be missing out on) and the app works just fine, every time I use it. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Same here. It seems like mine updated on itā€™s on maybe one time a long time ago, but Iā€™ve never sought to update it and my sync works fine and my app always works. If it ainā€™t broke, donā€™t fix it.
Sponsored

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
My XL has no maps and I don't need no stinkin' maps! =D

And I never get lost! =D

granted, keeping the bubble level right with the world can be challenging in the Ranger ...
20240111_160448.jpg

Not unless I tell you to "get lost." šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

Or jump in a lake. šŸ¤Ŗ

Note the winky winks.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Not unless I tell you to "get lost." šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

Or jump in a lake. šŸ¤Ŗ

Note the winky winks.
"Get lost" is just another way of telling me that there are items off the beaten path that need to be taken to the dump.

And a "jump in a lake" is perfect after a day of doing dump runs.

See ... that's what makes this forum great! Lots of love here! =D

oops, maybe too literal...
1705011904741.jpeg

1705011925825.jpeg

https://www.nearnorthnow.com/news/a-mistake-at-the-lake

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Oh...ok.. I thought you had navigation.
No, just thisā€¦

IMG_3775.jpeg

I was purposely looking for this configuration for my XLT when I was shopping for it back in 2019. Itā€™s the same infotainment system that comes with the XL. I like the simplicity of it but Iā€™m sure I wonā€™t have such an option on my next vehicle purchase. Something tells me it might be a lot like thisā€¦

IMG_5784.jpeg

šŸ˜€

fjwlobo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCREW
I purchased a new Lariat November 2020. The Ford Pass app stopped updating December 10, 2023. I logged out and tried to log back in thinking that the app would start working. I've deleted and reinstalled the Ford Pass app multiple times and have had no luck. Deleted and turned phone off. Turned phone back on and installed the app again with no luck. I know the modem is working as I can log in on Fords website and I'm seeing everything. When I open the app and tap the login, I see the "LOGIN" for a couple seconds; then the screen goes completely white. Called the (cough, cough) so called Ford Pass help line with no luck and no help. I've had no issues with the app until December.

NOW šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø šŸ‘Ž NO JOY ā˜¹

Edit: Got it working šŸ˜ƒ

Had to do a factory reset on phone
šŸ„¹. What a PIA to get everything set back up šŸ˜ šŸ˜”šŸ¤¬.

Last edited:

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Local 1 Chicago IL Ironworker (retired)
No messages at all, itā€™s like itā€™s not connected.
Did it work before? Maybe there's something in your setting not right. Just a guess

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
No, just thisā€¦

IMG_3775.jpeg

I was purposely looking for this configuration for my XLT when I was shopping for it back in 2019. Itā€™s the same infotainment system that comes with the XL. I like the simplicity of it but Iā€™m sure I wonā€™t have such an option on my next vehicle purchase. Something tells me it might be a lot like thisā€¦

IMG_5784.jpeg

šŸ˜€
Nope.
This is the SYNC 4A in the new 6G Rangers, even the XL. Available in 10" or 12"
6G IP.png

SYNC4A.png

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Nope.
This is the SYNC 4A in the new 6G Rangers, even the XL. Available in 10" or 12"
6G IP.png

SYNC4A.png
My next purchase will most likely be a car - my 5g isnā€™t going anywhere in a hurry.

I didnā€™t realize the 6g has the same touchscreen monitor thatā€™s on the new LG Smart Fridge. ;)

IMG_5787.jpeg

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
i forced an update for a newer sync 3 than ford allows and it works fine now. It didn't work for 6 months and I did it.

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
I purchased a new Lariat November 2020. The Ford Pass app stopped updating December 10, 2023. I logged out and tried to log back in thinking that the app would start working. I've deleted and reinstalled the Ford Pass app multiple times and have had no luck. Deleted and turned phone off. Turned phone back on and installed the app again with no luck. I know the modem is working as I can log in on Fords website and I'm seeing everything. When I open the app and tap the login, I see the "LOGIN" for a couple seconds; then the screen goes completely white. Called the (cough, cough) so called Ford Pass help line with no luck and no help. I've had no issues with the app until December.

NOW šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø šŸ‘Ž NO JOY ā˜¹
In September, my system updated itself (even though I have auto updates turned off) and it broke all the Ford Pass connectivity until Ford pushed an update to fix it. When I contacted Ford at the time, they said they were aware of the issue and it only took a few days for them to push an update. I did the update with USB.

My Sync 3 system has messed up two times and both were after auto updates I didn't ask for. I've done several USB updates and had no issues with them.

OP
OP
Sparky2

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
Did it work before? Maybe there's something in your setting not right. Just a guess
It always worked previously and is again after I pulled and tested fuse #9 which in a sense rebooted it. I truly believe it was locked up/frozen until it was restarted by the fuse removal.

Bobby-C

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Local 1 Chicago IL Ironworker (retired)
It always worked previously and is again after I pulled and tested fuse #9 which in a sense rebooted it. I truly believe it was locked up/frozen until it was restarted by the fuse removal.
You have to go to the dealer and give them a crack at it.

Voodoo Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Fordpass app will have a message like remote features disabled to conserve battery life. Thats usually an indicator of a failing battery.
This is the message Iā€™ve been getting for over a month trying to use remote start. Nothing was working although the remote start using the key fob has worked fine. Mines a 2020 Lariat Fx4 in service for just over three years. This past week I was in Utah on a ski trip and saw sub zero temps. Iā€™ve not had anny issues with a weak battery. After reading this thread I just tried remote start with the app and it worked. Puzzling but itā€™s working now. This is the only issue Iā€™ve had with my Ranger in 20,000 miles so I wonā€™t complain too much.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
OMG I use it every day, if I have to go out and start my truck manually in minus 10F I am not gonna be happy ...
have never had one issue with my FordPass in a year
Sponsored