First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
Ok after last Iphone update the Ford pass app has been running in background with everything shut off. Location, siri absolutely everything I can shut off on my phone. App would be nice to have when it gets really cold here to start truck but my phone is overheating and battery is getting drained in less than 2.5 hrs. Any ideas other than deleting it? How hard is it for Ford to program an app that actually works?
Sponsored

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Ok after last Iphone update the Ford pass app has been running in background with everything shut off. Location, siri absolutely everything I can shut off on my phone. App would be nice to have when it gets really cold here to start truck but my phone is overheating and battery is getting drained in less than 2.5 hrs. Any ideas other than deleting it? How hard is it for Ford to program an app that actually works?
I deleted it this morning. It killed my battery twice yesterday. Bummer because I do use the remote start feature. But I can live without it.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
Just had a message pop up on my Ford Pass App about this. They acknowledge there is an issue and are working on it. They recommend restarting the phone as a workaround. Seems to just impact people who have iPhones running IOS 14 and above.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4 Sport
Just had a message pop up on my Ford Pass App about this. They acknowledge there is an issue and are working on it. They recommend restarting the phone as a workaround. Seems to just impact people who have iPhones running IOS 14 and above.
I am running iOS 14 and don't have issues. Apart form starting in cold weather.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
I am running iOS 14 and don't have issues. Apart form starting in cold weather.
I had the issue once last week. My battery drained very fast. looked at the apps using the battery and Ford Pass showed 98%. I did not have it open. Restarted my phone and have not had the problem since.

OP
OP
rltriumph

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
I have tried everything from restarting phone, deleting and re installing app. Cellular data for app is turned off along with siri, movement and every other electronic switch on my phone. Im glad I bought a Lariat where I can start my truck line of sight with keyfob but would like to start it when leaving work. I wish the app let me turn off the analytics and the warnings that show up. Just the remote start portion. Its a shame that a couple high school kids are able to make a app that works but Ford canā€™t find programmers with college degrees that can make a app work fleetwide. We arenā€™t the only ones having problems. If its sync and uses the app the problems exist.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I have tried everything from restarting phone, deleting and re installing app. Cellular data for app is turned off along with siri, movement and every other electronic switch on my phone. Im glad I bought a Lariat where I can start my truck line of sight with keyfob but would like to start it when leaving work. I wish the app let me turn off the analytics and the warnings that show up. Just the remote start portion. Its a shame that a couple high school kids are able to make a app that works but Ford canā€™t find programmers with college degrees that can make a app work fleetwide. We arenā€™t the only ones having problems. If its sync and uses the app the problems exist.
You might try setting up Siri Shortcuts and then you donā€™t need the app. Itā€™s not a supported function for FordPass but it works. Check it out here....
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fordpass-siri-shortcuts.8200/

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
I have not had any problems as far as draining my battery, l went from an Android phone to iPhone 11 last December and am going back Android phone next month. I don't think I am going to bother putting the Ford app back on my new phone, l never use it.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
That doesn't work. It's the first thing I tried. I'll wait until they fix it. Should only take them 8 or 10 months.

rausa64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Iā€™ve installed it only on my iPad. Donā€™t care to have Ford knowing ā€œeverything ā€œ about me.

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Iā€™m using iPhone 12 Pro and havenā€™t had any issues. My X didnā€™t seem to have any issues which were not solved in a day or two.
For the price, I like it.
Try updating to 14.2.1, it released today and is a bug fix upgrade. It may be iPhone 12 specific, not certain.

Rocinante

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4 302A, '99 BMW K1200RS
I was having the same problem two weeks ago. Very annoying. I updated the app as soon as it was released, and turn the phone off. Problem seems to be fixed now. Havenā€™t had the same issue the last 10 days.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired

Mike I

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
The battery on my Samsung Galaxy 8S got drained twice when I left my phone connected TO CHARGE IT UP with the app on. :mad: Weird.
Sponsored