First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
My Ford Pass app isn’t working and I’m wondering if it’s an issue with mine or is the system down.
2019 XLT with about 16000 miles on it bought new in February of 2020 and the original battery.

the app will not show fuel level, oil life, truck mileage, tire pressure, it says unable to locate and I tried and it failed to lock/unlock it by the app this morning. Nothing is working. Did not try to start it remotely since it’s in a garage but I’m assuming it would not start either.
My first thoughts are the battery is about to give up and my plan was to replace it but I got Covid and everything has been a struggle so the truck has been put on the back burner.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Sponsored

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Hi Paul! Just north of ya in Nebraska. FordPass been working fine for me on my '22 XLT. Remote starts.....displays all the info its spose to! Try logging out and logging back in to the app! Try to remote start.

OP
OP
Sparky2

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
Good morning Nebraska, the Kansas City metro area got 6 to 8 inches of snow, how about you guys?

I was so hoping your suggestion would work so I logged out and back in (Ford made me update my password first) and restarted my phone. No luck! My gut says battery but I’m a retired electrician not an auto mechanic. I tested my battery voltage this morning and it was 12.2 which is low so I’ve got the charger on it at the moment.

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
Good morning Nebraska, the Kansas City metro area got 6 to 8 inches of snow, how about you guys?

I was so hoping your suggestion would work so I logged out and back in (Ford made me update my password first) and restarted my phone. No luck! My gut says battery but I’m a retired electrician not an auto mechanic. I tested my battery voltage this morning and it was 12.2 which is low so I’ve got the charger on it at the moment.
Mornin Paul! We had about 11" of snow and another 6" comin tonite into tomm am. My lil brother lives in Overland Park....he's athletic director for the school!
I had problems with my FordPass last year. I deleted my account and then registered again. Been working well since. Might try that!! Others smarter than me will be along and give you their info which might help!

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
No messages at all, it’s like it’s not connected.
Check your sync ‘about’ screen and look to see if the modem serial number is displayed. If it is blank, then the modem is either bad or in a confused state. If blank, look for the telematics fuse, pull it to reset the modem and also make sure it’s good. After reinstalling the fuse, the modem serial number should display and it should start working.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Mine's working fine but last year I did reinstall it (there have been 2 Sync updates for me in that time plus I use a battery tender a few times per week).

I also did a master reset in the truck last year.

I was getting disabled notifications regularly but haven't had them in the last 8+ months.

Good luck and let us know if you get it working.

maybe my engine cover mice are helping out and ate the wire sending those notifications
1704978886411.png

OP
OP
Sparky2

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
As I think back, about a month or so back my infotainment screen went blank like it crashed. I don’t remember how I got it working again maybe when I restarted the truck next it was working again I just can’t remember. Possibly something with that. I’m going to check the modem display number and look for the fuse.
Appreciate all the reply’s. I don’t use the app much so it could have been out since that event.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
As I think back, about a month or so back my infotainment screen went blank like it crashed. I don’t remember how I got it working again maybe when I restarted the truck next it was working again I just can’t remember. Possibly something with that. I’m going to check the modem display number and look for the fuse.
Appreciate all the reply’s. I don’t use the app much so it could have been out since that event.
When I did the master reset, I expected to lose radio presets but they stayed.

I wouldn't be scared of doing a reset as a troubleshooting step (but I don't have navigation and I think a reset can wipe anything saved).

my small post on doing the reset: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/date-incorrect-on-center-screen.11602/post-596201

if that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer ...
1704981348252.png

OP
OP
Sparky2

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
Update… sorta My modem ESN number is not showing in the setting so I checked the #9, dual 10 amp fuse inside the cabin with my ohm meter and it’s good. I’ve Got to go to the dentist here shortly so when I get back I’ll try a master reset and hopefully that bring it back to life.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Update… sorta My modem ESN number is not showing in the setting so I checked the #9, dual 10 amp fuse inside the cabin with my ohm meter and it’s good. I’ve Got to go to the dentist here shortly so when I get back I’ll try a master reset and hopefully that bring it back to life.
Did you pull the fuse? If not, try that before doing the Master Reset. Others have restored the modem by pulling and reinserting the fuse.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
my ford ap works about 70%. it will tell tire pressure oil life and unlock the doors but the location still shows as the dealer i bought it from and the oil life always say 20%. eh typical ford.
Sponsored