Is there any disadvantage to a SuperCab?

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Did the SCAB recall every get the parts to release the SCABs for sale, or are all the new ones still on a sales hold? I guess you can get used, as long as it's private party or not from a dealer that has rules against selling with active recalls.
I had the recall done and am awaiting the two headrests. No idea when they arrive. Seatbelt was ok.
Sponsored

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
As mentioned before, the suicide doors can be tricky in tight parking spots. I bought a three pocket cargo net and ratchet bar for the bed and did the rear seat delete thing up front for the grocery trips. The warden is much happier with this setup. Always had a Scab and love the six foot bed!
FF6BC7FE-1C45-468E-ACF8-17AB7BB6ED7E.jpeg
D7CCA8AC-6019-4C1F-B37F-FCD53EC9FFB2.jpeg

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I run into this issue all the time in parking lots. If a car is parked next to you, it's nearly impossible to get things into the back seats.
Fortunately, parking lots where I'm at are big enough I can park away from other cars and don't run into that issue. It is sometimes an issue in my drive if the wife's car is next to me but easy enough to go to the other side or move one of them.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Fortunately, parking lots where I'm at are big enough I can park away from other cars and don't run into that issue. It is sometimes an issue in my drive if the wife's car is next to me but easy enough to go to the other side or move one of them.
Yeah, I almost always park out in the "north 40" . Just trying to avoid giving those "loveing, careing" individuals from getting the chance to smash the doors of their 1992 Toyo Camerys into my Ranger.
They never seem to park next to other 1992 Camery's, just next to 2020 or newer vehicles.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I wanted the 6' bed, but the GM Coloranyon crew cab w/6' bed is too long for my garage setup. Grocery getting can be a pain. The parking lot where we buy grocs has wide spaces and plenty of open ones, but in my garage, it's tight next to the Mariner, and the passenger side has two motorcycles parked there. I have to open the drivers door a little, then open the scab door a little, let the drivers door close then open the scab door all the way.

Or just take the Merc and put the groceries in back.

Thatwaspontus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4
Occupation
WTT
In Canada the Lariet w/leather is not available in the SCAB. That's about the only disadvantage I could come up with when I ordered mine. Would have been nice, easier to keep clean/free of dog hair.

*Edit. Also the big and medium dog both fit fine in the back of the SCAB. It's roughly 2' x 4' back there.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Yeah, I almost always park out in the "north 40" . Just trying to avoid giving those "loveing, careing" individuals from getting the chance to smash the doors of their 1992 Toyo Camerys into my Ranger.
They never seem to park next to other 1992 Camery's, just next to 2020 or newer vehicles.
I normally park as far as I can from the mainstream area to prevent door damage. On this day, I was in a hurry and would only be in and out of one store very quickly. The parking lot was jammed so I picked what I thought was the safest available space at the time for the situation. While in the store, a Tundra backed in next to my space and was about 12" from the Ranger :headbang: Fortunately, he had a nice truck and evidently was very careful getting out because the Ranger's paint was untouched :dance:

Front view.jpg

Right Angle view.jpg

Right Angle view 2.jpg

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
But I do want the new updated head rests as I can convert back to factory seats in about 30 minutes...
I took mine in for the recall. They did not give me new headrests.
It seems the headrests are only for those who fail the inspection, I would think.
Has anyone gotten new headrests after inspection?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I took mine in for the recall. They did not give me new headrests.
It seems the headrests are only for those who fail the inspection, I would think.
Has anyone gotten new headrests after inspection?
I had the 21C24 recall completed too and didn't need headrests either. Here are the results...

Camera spot check & Recall 21C24 (pg.1).jpg

Camera spot check & Recall 21C24 (pg.2).jpg

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I love the look of the SuperCabā€¦ the proportions look more truck like with the bed being longer than the hood. And having a 6ā€™ bed is awesomeā€¦ Iā€™m a Mtn biker and paddler so the extra bed volume would be my preference. But Iā€™m married with two kids and a dog so a SuperCrew is a must. This puts me in a bad spot being a Ranger fan.

For this very reason I donā€™t own a Ranger. Itā€™s an absolute shame a SuperCrew/longbed isnā€™t an option, otherwise Iā€™d have bought one when the Ranger came back to the NA market. Iā€™m currently driving an ā€˜02 F-150 SuperCrew (bought new 20 years ago). I already know going to a bed size smaller than my current 5.5ā€ bed wouldnā€™t cut it. The Ranger is the only BoF midsize that doesnā€™t offer this configuration. Even with the new Frontier, the Ranger would be my first pick, in a midsize. But with this configuration not available, Iā€™ve decided to wait until the new gen Ranger hits with the hope this configuration will be an option. If not, Iā€™ll be jumping to another brand. All full sizes are too big and expensive for my needs/wants. The photo of my F-150 next to a new Ranger is exactly why I want to go to a midsize (bigger isnā€™t always better).

9AC90060-712C-47CE-8612-6B6699BFF775.jpeg

Roscoe P

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ford RangernXLT
Occupation
Retired
Other than space (cabin and bed), is there any disadvantage for the SuperCab? Aren't they all rated the same for everything other than trim level and the cab size? I will be towing eventually.

Before I make a 30K+ mistake, any help is appreciated. I don't need 4door. 2021 xlt

kpgreenwell

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro 2021 Lincoln Corsair 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic Technician
My only problem so far is Ford won't build me one yet. I will reply again if I ever get one. Been waiting since August 24th 2021.

Roscoe P

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ford RangernXLT
Occupation
Retired
As a handicap person , the super cab is much easier to get in and out of to me. I would have deleted the back seats if I had ordered it ,although I see the need for the super crew . I'm 99.9% by myself in my truck. This is my 3rd super cab pu . I wish I could have gotten more options on my truck. I wish for a sunroof but would take a electric sliding back glass but neither is available.
Sponsored