Is there any disadvantage to a SuperCab?

Elgorr4

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
I went with the Scab for the bed length. I carry skis often and the 5 footer is not even close to long enough. The 6 footer is much better but a 6.5' bed would be ideal. I would have bought a regular cab with a 7ft bed if it existed at the time, but having owned my Scab for a year now I wouldn't want to give up that cab space. Very useful for groceries, luggage etc. It is also very convenient to have the ability to fit 4 people. I do it more often than I though I would. Yeah it is cramped but you can cart your buddies around in a pinch and it sure beats walking! Also the Scab trucks look better. Sorry to the crew cab folks, but its the truth.
Sponsored

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Extra bed space is worth it. No one can carry anything in a 5ft bed except stuffed animals.
DSC_0584.JPG

(would actually fit in the box if not for the mountain top rolling cover blocking 2/3 feet out of it)

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
If you care at all, I don’t think you can get the the B&O sound system (if it’s even available with XLT) in the SuperCab. Having seen one recently, I would order with the rear seat deleted.
For me, the SuperCrew is the way to go. There are just the two of us, and so we do not really need the larger rear cabin space for passengers, but we like it for storing and transporting stuff (sporting goods, changes of clothes, groceries, etc.). We do not haul a ton of stuff, so the five-foot bed is plenty of room for our needs. AND. WE. LOVE. THE. B&O. But it all really depends on your individual situation and what you want to do with the truck.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
At the time I ordered I didn't need anything but a basic truck. Reading here, and looking at the trim levels I went with the XL/STX Supercab. I even went as far as deleting the rear seats for more room storage in the rear as the back seats in the Super Cab are basically useless for anyone over 5 years old. The extra space in the rear allows me to keep things in the dry when needed. The truck has been great, and that extra foot in bed length makes a bigger difference than one would think. Good luck on your decision.

100_5256.JPG

100_5252.JPG

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I love my SCAB. For a family, a SCREW is the way to go. Our youngest is still
at home but she has her own car & does not want to ride in the SCAB.
My wife loves the truck but we have a 3 yr old grandchild & it just does
not work with a child seat. Once he's big enough for a booster seat, it should be
fine for a few yrs. If the PHEV comes out, I may have to get a SCREW.
For me, I'm buying a pickup for the bed, so 6' it is.
BTW, welcome & good luck.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Extra bed space is worth it. No one can carry anything in a 5ft bed except stuffed animals.
I haul a 4x4 wheeler around in mine ?‍♀ I was intending on getting the 6' bed but once I found out the wheeler would fit fine in the 5'er I figured I'd take the extra cabin space. Glad I did.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As a SCREW owner, I will chime in. One benefit of the SCREW other than better comfort for rear seat passengers is the ton of interior storage. I can fit an ass load of stuff in my rear seat area and rear floor behind the front seat and access it all easily on road trips.

The obvious and already mentioned downside to the SCREW is the 5ft bed. On two occasions I was wishing I had a little more truck bed, but I was able to work around it. Another downside of the SCREW is the way the rear seat folds up and down. It sucks.

For me, I love the look of the SCREW over the SCAB. I fell in love with these Rangers on a trip to Australia and when we finally got them here in 2019, I had to have one. When I started shopping online for a 2019 Ranger, and I first saw photos of the SCAB, I didn't like it at all. The proportions where off to me. Since then, I've seen people level the SCABs and put more aggressive tires on them, and the look has grown on me a little.

246890703_10159734622406031_6414248508068517472_n.jpg

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Lockable flexible easily accesible interior storage ptotected from climate offers so many benefits. Consider them objectively.

Ive owned xtracabs SUVs and sedans. The crew offers THE BEST of all worlds. It provides the most opportunity and flexibility for true utility in oem form.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I'll chime in since I have owned both.

The SCAB is great if you need that extra foot of bed space AND don't have big dogs or plan on passengers sitting in the back. It is also a pain to load anything in the back when shopping due to the suicide doors.

The SCREW is way better if you have passengers on a regular basis or have a bigger dog. It is also easier to load stuff while shopping. The down side is the shorter bed. Yes there are times I wished I had the longe bed.

I know it is easier for my 10 year old 85 pound lab/husky mix to get in and out with the Screw than it was in the SCAB. He prefers the flat bench seat and extra room too.

In the end you need to decide if the extra room in the bed is more important or the extra room in the cab is. And yes I would love to see the SCREW come with a 6 foot bed. It would still be shorter than my 97 F150 crew cab with 7 foot bed.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
DSC_0584.JPG

(would actually fit in the box if not for the mountain top rolling cover blocking 2/3 feet out of it)
how dare you use your truck for truck stuff and where's your damper? hide your shame

... all in jest, don't get a damper

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Good thing I have no friends so no one rides in the back of the super cab
Ah, no big deal Ian. I've found that at times friends can be overrated. :)

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Sleeping in the bed is nice on camping trips.
Sponsored