Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
So I just installed a raptor grill on my 19’ lariat ranger and I’ve had a lot of positive comments from the ranger community ,but one of my friends said to watch out for truck community because they think it’s blasphemy .
Curious if anyone on the ranger5g believes this?

I havea better lift kit wheels, and engine parts to blow a European raptor away, and I don’t want to pose as a raptor I just love the ford look.
am I overthinking this ? Haha

D2E808E3-28D5-401A-B5C4-A3DCA29B52AE.jpeg
Sponsored

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I like the FORD grill and if you like do it.
I did not get one as it is done a lot in F150's and I like my XLT grill. I added grill lights and picked the 4 lights so as to not copy a Raptor look and 4 lights better anyway. I figure Raptor guys are jealous when they see my 4 lights. ?
The Ranger can look tough and with a tune back it up. Do what you want. Go all LED and show them up.

ADC0EBBF-00FF-4026-8506-4CD628FE6023.jpeg

Last edited:

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It's your truck and not theirs. If you like it then that's all that matters. When people start offering you money to pay for your Ranger and what you do to it, maybe then consider their opinion. Even then, maybe not. ?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I liked the Raptor style grill until I got my Lariat. I love the Lariat grill!! But to each their own! It’s your truck, do what you want with it and F the haters! ?
This. 100%. I've seen people do some awful shite to their vehicles?‍♂ , but they're the one that has to drive it, not me. To each their own.

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It’s your truck, do with it as you please. I do like the grill, I’m not sure yet if I want one or not. My preference is I like the XLT grill instead of the Lariat grill.

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
I dont like it. Id rather not see Ford or Ranger or any other brand on it personally. I dont like the Lariat grill either. I like the XLT grill alright, but want the ford oval to say something else like "chef". Lol

I like the RTR grill a lot. Simple, no obvious logos.

Thats just me though. You do you buddy. The raptor grill is probably behind the XLT grill for me.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Except and unless you put on tailgate dampers, then all bets are off and your truck is basically a hoover-mobile:LOL:

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I like to be different than the crowd sometimes. Left my stock grill on the truck for that “stock” look. ?

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I didn't like the odd amount of chrome on mine so I got the knock-off raptor grill without even knowing anything about the raptor. Sorry, I Never noticed a raptor grill before I got mine. Anyways I love the look over the chrome and anyone who doesn't like like it can mind their own business, or pay for my truck in order for their opinion to matter.

So do what you wish to your truck. Just as everyone else here is doing.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
In all honesty it is all up to you when it is your own truck. Yes you can get a lot of suggestions from anyone including myself but you're still going to do what you're going to do on your own truck. I personally do not like the Raptor grill for the Rangers but that again is my own thoughts on it. If you like it I say keep it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I really wanted the Raptor grille but I had already installed the Raptor lights that fit my Lariat grille. Me being cheap I didn't want to have to get another set of lights and waste money that could be spent on other necessities (like more ammo ? ) so I opted to stay stock. I will definitely be getting one for my next Ranger but that also depends on how much the new Ranger Raptor is going to cost. Either way the heck what anyone else thinks and enjoy your Raptor grille. Unless you already have one just please get a tailgate damper so I don't have to convert another one. lol

Deleted member 1634

Heck, I saw a beige previous gen Escape a couple weeks ago with a Raptor-style grille and Raptor lights, being driven by a late middle aged woman. So... I'm not sure a Raptor grille on a Ranger is that much of a stretch anymore. haha

And also, I still can't decide if I liked or hated the Escape Raptor. haha It looked pretty good, but at the same time I couldn't get over how out of place the whole idea was. haha
Sponsored