Is the ranger raptor grill blasphemy ?

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I like the look of it obviously since I have one. It’d be different if the Ranger Raptor was actually available here, then I probably wouldn‘t have put one on and went with the RTR or something else.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Like everyone has said, if you like it do it. To H*** what anyone else thinks. Personally not my cup of tea, but that's just me. As my signature says I'm saving up for an RTR grill and working on the wife. I have a few more practical things on the list first, boy do I have a list. ? ?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
So I just installed a raptor grill on my 19’ lariat ranger and I’ve had a lot of positive comments from the ranger community ,but one of my friends said to watch out for truck community because they think it’s blasphemy .
Curious if anyone on the ranger5g believes this?

I havea better lift kit wheels, and engine parts to blow a European raptor away, and I don’t want to pose as a raptor I just love the ford look.
am I overthinking this ? Haha

D2E808E3-28D5-401A-B5C4-A3DCA29B52AE.jpeg
I personally would not want to put a "foreign" [meaning, representing a different vehicle] on my truck, and anyway, I like the Ranger grill well enough. But, hey, to each his own! It's your truck, do what you like, and who cares what people think!

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I don't like the grill, but I like your tires. And the grill doesn't matter, the tires do.

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
I liked the Raptor style grill until I got my Lariat. I love the Lariat grill!! But to each their own! It’s your truck, do what you want with it and F the haters! ?
I looked at one, but just like my F-150....naw

F350ranger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Marina
Do what is unique to you, most people don't know enough about cars to tell what's factory or not, my early 2000's ranger has F-350 badges on both sides that i found in junkyard, and i still get asked almost on a daily basis if it a F-350 or not?
20200816_154505_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ask this friend to enlighten you on what they think is the "truck community".

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
To answer the question "Is the Ranger Raptor grill blasphemy?

A lot of people aren't going to like my answer, but... yes, it is, and it's part of the reason I'm not putting one on. So far this thread is full of people saying "Do what you want", "Do what makes you happy" and "It doesn't matter what other people say."

The problem is, it DOES matter what people say, whether you want to admit it or not, and the first time you get called out for being a poser or a fake with the "FX4 or Sport trying to be a Raptor", it's going to really, really bother you. Even if you tell the world "what other people think doesn't bother me" you would be lying.

It's like some of you haven't been around car scenes much. I've seen fake M badges on standard bimmers, AMG badges on a regular C class, and the ever popular in the import ricer scene - Fake Type R logos and parts on regular Honda Civics with 1.5 liter engines under the hood. And I've seen these posers get called out. Typically they flee the scene before too much embarrassment ensues. Heck it even happens in Motorcycles. Is that a Triumph base model Daytona or an R? Well your rear subframe is spray painted red, those aren't Brembo rotors and calipers, and you have an Ohlins sticker on forks that aren't Ohlins. Hey Nice Ducati Superleggera. Hey, wait a minute....

So... that's why I would sooner pay $600 and get the RTR grill. It's cool looking and far outside of poser/fake territory.

Jgarrett

First Name
jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
FBI
Raptor "Ford" grill is proud...don't put Raptor decals on the bed or that be like faking it. Eye lashes on your headlamps? I'll run you over...kidding...maybe... lol

Brett Stone

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 X 2006 Ford Rangers and 1 B4000 work vehicles.
Occupation
Landscaper
Makeup. Adding a grill like putting on lipstick. I run with what God or the dealership gives me

Deleted member 1634

To answer the question "Is the Ranger Raptor grill blasphemy?

A lot of people aren't going to like my answer, but... yes, it is, and it's part of the reason I'm not putting one on. So far this thread is full of people saying "Do what you want", "Do what makes you happy" and "It doesn't matter what other people say."

The problem is, it DOES matter what people say, whether you want to admit it or not, and the first time you get called out for being a poser or a fake with the "FX4 or Sport trying to be a Raptor", it's going to really, really bother you. Even if you tell the world "what other people think doesn't bother me" you would be lying.

It's like some of you haven't been around car scenes much. I've seen fake M badges on standard bimmers, AMG badges on a regular C class, and the ever popular in the import ricer scene - Fake Type R logos and parts on regular Honda Civics with 1.5 liter engines under the hood. And I've seen these posers get called out. Typically they flee the scene before too much embarrassment ensues. Heck it even happens in Motorcycles. Is that a Triumph base model Daytona or an R? Well your rear subframe is spray painted red, those aren't Brembo rotors and calipers, and you have an Ohlins sticker on forks that aren't Ohlins. Hey Nice Ducati Superleggera. Hey, wait a minute....

So... that's why I would sooner pay $600 and get the RTR grill. It's cool looking and far outside of poser/fake territory.
I don't know, after years and years of being made fun of and ridiculed for the choices I've made, I can without a doubt say I don't care what people think in a majority of cases. I certainly used to, but at a certain point you learn that it really doesn't matter. My "fashion" choices (if you can call it fashion) and vehicle choices being some of those cases. The real problem is people who care so much about appearance and status that they feel the need to call someone out for it.
Sponsored