Is the ranger raptor grill blasphemy ?

Brett Stone

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 X 2006 Ford Rangers and 1 B4000 work vehicles.
Occupation
Landscaper
The argument that it only matters if you like it doesn't really hold water. Most dress up their whatevers to impress others. That's the point.
Sponsored

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
So I just installed a raptor grill on my 19’ lariat ranger and I’ve had a lot of positive comments from the ranger community ,but one of my friends said to watch out for truck community because they think it’s blasphemy .
Curious if anyone on the ranger5g believes this?

I havea better lift kit wheels, and engine parts to blow a European raptor away, and I don’t want to pose as a raptor I just love the ford look.
am I overthinking this ? Haha

D2E808E3-28D5-401A-B5C4-A3DCA29B52AE.jpeg
They are upset that they had to spend $53k + for their grill. Do what you want, do not worry about a bunch of people who are jealous. The Rangers look awesome with that Raptor-Style grille, I am surprised that Ford did not think about it as an option (they could have made even more money with it as an option and the dealers could have installed.).

Dochatley

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Anyone that knows what a RAPTOR is will know that there are no Raptor Rangers running around here at present. Most people out there have no idea what a Raptor is or that the FORD grill you have goes on a Raptor. So no one is trying to fool anyone. I like the look of the grill and the stickers. I could care less what anyone else thinks about my truck. Hell, some people won’t like it because it’s white. I like it and I’m paying for it so if I want to put Chevy stickers on it I will. Well, not really. No chevy stickers. Here’s my NOT a real Raptor for anyone who might think it’s real.

EDA1A3D9-EE78-47F2-B6C2-721EAB4FF1B8.jpeg

A85AAC87-021C-4C23-A45E-D9D1FDC4583C.jpeg

Last edited:

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
If you're footin the bill then you get the final say.

As far as looks go
Raptor grill>RTR grill. Just my opinion
Hell id rather have the xlt grill over the rtr grill :confused:

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone that knows what a RAPTOR is will know that there are no Raptor Rangers running around here at present. Most people out there have no idea what a Raptor is or that the FORD grill you have goes on a Raptor. So no one is trying to fool anyone. I like the look of the grill and the stickers. I could care less what anyone else thinks about my truck. Hell, some people won’t like it because it’s white. I like it and I’m paying for it so if I want to put Chevy stickers on it I will. Well, not really. No chevy stickers. Here’s my NOT a real Raptor for anyone who might think it’s real.

EDA1A3D9-EE78-47F2-B6C2-721EAB4FF1B8.jpeg

A85AAC87-021C-4C23-A45E-D9D1FDC4583C.jpeg
This is exactly how I feel as well.

Phuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Vehicle Showcase
So I just installed a raptor grill on my 19’ lariat ranger and I’ve had a lot of positive comments from the ranger community ,but one of my friends said to watch out for truck community because they think it’s blasphemy .

I havea better lift kit wheels, and engine parts to blow a European raptor away, and I don’t want to pose as a raptor I just love the ford look.

I have the same grill and love it

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Occupation
Marketing - AWE

I'd send this truck with confidence all day long! Looks great. Haters gonna hate, as the saying goes.

TexasTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CC
Vehicle Showcase
Short answer: No
Long Answer: Opinions are like you know what, every one has one. As others have said do what you like man! Hell I bought one too and even had it painted to match the magnetic gray trim so there! I didn't like the big "blue" oval Ford emblem so I opt'd for the larger in your face F O R D across the front :)

Enjoy your truck, you worked for it! Looks great BTW! +1 on the tires!

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger

I put one on my truck it really grew on me wasnt too sure at first. Sure beats the blue oval!!

mdfiasco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT CC
Occupation
Stance Haters Club Pres.
It's hard to shake the feeling of poserism when you put a Raptor grille on your Ranger. My other ride is an E46 Bimmer and plenty of posers slap an M badge on and are lampooned for it. It's cheesy. Do want y'all want. The first time someone is all "hey!! I didn't know the Raptor Ranger had been imported yet!!!" and then you have to admit you're posing. Oh well, whatever.

I do like the amber lights though...if F O R D wasn't so huge and gaudy I'd probably pull the trigger. But I'm also the kind of guy to debadge. First thing I did was pull of the boyracer "SPORT 4X4" sticker off the bed.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
All it is to me is a grille that says FORD on it. The op isn't putting raptor badges or f350 enblems or powerstroke badges on it or putting 4x4 badges on a 2wd or any bs like that. The op also isn't trying to play it like it is a raptor either, just likes the look.

Its like getting upset over someone that puts a lariat grill on an xl. "Oh look its a lariat poser" :LOL: :LOL:

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
It's hard to shake the feeling of poserism when you put a Raptor grille on your Ranger. My other ride is an E46 Bimmer and plenty of posers slap an M badge on and are lampooned for it. It's cheesy. Do want y'all want. The first time someone is all "hey!! I didn't know the Raptor Ranger had been imported yet!!!" and then you have to admit you're posing. Oh well, whatever.

I do like the amber lights though...if F O R D wasn't so huge and gaudy I'd probably pull the trigger. But I'm also the kind of guy to debadge. First thing I did was pull of the boyracer "SPORT 4X4" sticker off the bed.
I am in the car enthusiast category and somewhat get what you and @Zaph are saying. Like your examples....someone is slapping on a M badge that is clearly not an M or a type R badge on a plain jane Honda, turbo on a non turbo Porsche, Cobra side emblems and across the rear bumper on a GT....or any number of examples. I can agree.

I know that BMW sells official M styling interior/exterior accents for the various BMW's out there (blacked out M style grille as well). If I bought some of those and had a 3 series but threw on some OE "M Performance rims, grille or spoiler"......does that mean I am posing? I don't feel it is. I am not badging my vehicle for something that it isn't. On my Lotus cars, Elise for example.....I run Exige style side scoops and front lip.....on my Evora I run some improved later year model aero......does that make me a poser?

In this case the grill doesn't even say Raptor on it...just Ford and it is more of a styling than anything else. So I feel it falls into a different category than someone trying to pretend their car or truck is something else.

Last edited: