Installed the Westin Outlaw bumper today

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Product itself gets a thumbs up from me - however their install instructions are garbage. Overall satisfied even though it was a little terrifying trying to do it all on my own. I relocated my ACC sensor with the Fan Fours bracket.

Another disappointment was that Westin told me the light kit has DT connectors - so I ordered H11 to dual DT so that I could run these as my fog lights so now I'm waiting on some other connectors to come in.

Gained a good bit of clearance in the front - the lower skid plate comes in Monday to finish it off.

d6jo7C4.jpg

5PJ4dlR.jpg

FdmHLgH.jpg

PoYNE4A.jpg

meXOCOG.jpg

BrQkggR.jpg
Sponsored

ATFIII

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
First Responder
Did you have to relocate the ADD if you didnā€™t want the center light at?

Reactions: Doc

Meech_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2021 VW Tiguan R-Line
It looks great! I think the Westin Outlaw front and rears are my favorite aftermarkets.

What do you think the weight difference is? Is it noticeably heavier?

RangerPNW

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Project Manager
Ooh...I really like that. Not that I'm in the market for a new bumper, but between that and the RPG one, i dunno which i'd go with. Also love the matching rear bumper from westin, and the hidden tow hitch option is pretty awesome as well

LilTxRanger

First Name
Giordano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt 4x4
Occupation
Amazon
What kind of ligh bar are you running?
is it a true 30 inch or 28?
I just got my bumper in today and tips on install?

Iowa Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion SE, 2021 XL Ranger Supercab STX 4x4
Occupation
Automotive Tooling Engineer
Product itself gets a thumbs up from me - however their install instructions are garbage. Overall satisfied even though it was a little terrifying trying to do it all on my own. I relocated my ACC sensor with the Fan Fours bracket.

Another disappointment was that Westin told me the light kit has DT connectors - so I ordered H11 to dual DT so that I could run these as my fog lights so now I'm waiting on some other connectors to come in.

Gained a good bit of clearance in the front - the lower skid plate comes in Monday to finish it off.

d6jo7C4.jpg

5PJ4dlR.jpg

FdmHLgH.jpg

PoYNE4A.jpg

meXOCOG.jpg

BrQkggR.jpg
Great looking truck, was curious if it ran hotter with the lower grill blocked by the light bar?

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
@Synyster06Gates my favorite bumper so far, just wondering would this bumper leave room behind to mount a winch? I am thinking that a hidden winch behind that would be real clean and use the center opening for the fairlead and possibly some lights on either side of the fairlead.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
@Synyster06Gates my favorite bumper so far, just wondering would this bumper leave room behind to mount a winch? I am thinking that a hidden winch behind that would be real clean and use the center opening for the fairlead and possibly some lights on either side of the fairlead.
Yes! Someone used the 589fab mount for just that and it worked perfectly

wyyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange Tremor
The bumper looks good! I also kinda just like the thought of moving the ACC regardless of a new bumper?
https://www.westinautomotive.com/product-detail/58-40015/active-cruise-control-relocator
Just as an FYI, I have a '21 Tremor and the westin relocator didn't work for it. There is a black plastic separator that is in the way about halfway up the grill that makes the westin mount not fit. I believe the fab fours mount works. I'm just going to try and diy a mount with my 3d printer before spending $100 on a metal bracket.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just as an FYI, I have a '21 Tremor and the westin relocator didn't work for it. There is a black plastic separator that is in the way about halfway up the grill that makes the westin mount not fit. I believe the fab fours mount works. I'm just going to try and diy a mount with my 3d printer before spending $100 on a metal bracket.
That piece is on every ranger. Can you just cut the legs on the Westin piece to allow it to work?

wyyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange Tremor
That piece is on every ranger. Can you just cut the legs on the Westin piece to allow it to work?
Probably. I was like 5 hours into installing my Pro-Mod bumper and was pretty done for the day lol. But I believe there are direct fit options for anyone that doesn't want to modify anything else. It also looks like you'll have to extend the wires for the ACC module as well if you want to put it up there.

Did you have to do anything with the wiring harness on yours?
Sponsored