First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
You're right Jim it's a very long walk. Thankfully I didn't have to find that out and won't try that again. We were just coming from the I-17 and I knew there were several stations just as you get off and enter into Flagstaff. Wouldn't you know it I caught every single red light until I got to the first one. :facepalm:
As my dear old Dad used to say, "They don't call 'em stop lights for nothing." :)
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
My wife had a habit of refueling very late. One day I got in her car and I said it’s very low on fuel. She said no it’s not, the dashes are not even on. I had no idea what she was talking about and she proved to me that after the count down goes to zero numbers it goes to four dashes. (Nothing I ever saw before). That’s just amazing, in a bad way.

Rather than try to explain why that was a bad idea I simply brought in the granddaughter into the story. I told her one day you are going to have to go across town for a grandkid emergency and that will be the day you run out of gas. Now she fills up with a teen (17 or 18 DTE) left on the dash.

I think that is as good as it’s going to get for her.

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
I remember pumping gas @ $0.299 / gal in Hull Ma. ... when I was mowing lawns in Japan (Dad was stationed there 63-68), I could get my 1/2 gas can filled for $0.05, and I could mow three or four lawns @$2.00 a shot .... ah ... them were the days.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I will take one for the team one of these days so we all know how far past E we can really go, I have had it a few miles Past the 0 miles, I would say 5 miles easy after that... my last Ford Explorer could go 20 miles past that 0 to empty, so I am sure there is a pretty good buffer in there for people like me LOL
Now I really want to find out
Sponsored