I cannot understand the purpose of a leveling kit??

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
looking at the before and after pics - reminds of taking an eye test where progressively the lens changes are nearly indiscernible - I guess I'm supposed to say " oh that looks so much better leveled" - but then again my vision isn't what it used to be.
I do recall however my 1st sighting of a roof top tent and had to blink and rub my eyes repeatedly to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. :sunglasses: , is someone really going to climb up a ladder to get into their tent ?
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
looking at the before and after pics - reminds of taking an eye test where progressively the lens changes are nearly indiscernible - I guess I'm supposed to say " oh that looks so much better leveled" - but then again my vision isn't what it used to be.
I do recall however my 1st sighting of a roof top tent and had to blink and rub my eyes repeatedly to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. :sunglasses: , is someone really going to climb up a ladder to get into their tent ?
Sure... "Hey Boo Boo, smell that? It's Ranger Owner Burrittos... That's what we'll have for dinner"

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Leveling your truck isn't for everyone. I've tried on the temporary rear-end lowering level kit.
20200618_191639.jpg

Not for me on a permanent basis.
And it seems that big a$$ ends sticking out there are all the rage now-a-days. :crackup:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
To me, everyone has a certain use for their Rangers and we all have different tastes. Just because person A wouldn't like it or do it, doesn't mean persons B,C, & D shouldn't. That's what makes this country(and forum) great. I personally love seeing everyone's Rangers, modded or not. I live through some of you guys. I know that if I were younger or under different circumstances, I would be doing some of the same things! :turkey:

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
I did a 2 1/2” front level and upgraded my tires but not so much I had to start chopping crash bars. The clearance off road that it gives me is significant on the front end and ride is much better. I don’t get the mass concern I see all over about losing a couple MPG but then again that has never been my thing. I have my Ranger for commuting and off road fun. I’m consistently right around the 20 mpg mark on highway so pleased with that. Oh and yes, re aiming headlights is a necessity and super easy.

Ranger Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Store Manager
Here’s a thought if you want to just lower the rear:
Eaton / Detroit Springs makes custom leaf springs - they have been doing it for Hot Rod guys for years.
You could always ask them about a custom set - say 2 1/2” - 3” shorter than stock.
https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/leaf-springs/
worst they can say is no ...

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I always leave my vehicles stock I like the way my Ranger looked when I bought it that doesn't mean that I wont ad some things like tailgate letters, running boards and vent visors.
Ranger222 (2).jpg
Ranger211 (2).jpg

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
When I started driving around 1977 the big thing was jacking up the rear of your car and putting on wide tires. I had a buddy with a GTO that was consistantly replacing his pinion gear.

Looks like I don't need to jack up the Ranger, just need to add the big tires :thumbsup:

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I added the FPP Fox 2.0 front and rear and it leveled it nicely. I do take it off road and the 2nd time I bounced a skid plate off some rocks, I'd had enough of the FX4 Struts. I want to keep my oil pan as far away from sharp pointy things as I can. Stock suspension was way to0 soft for my liking.

Last edited:

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I always leave my vehicles stock I like the way my Ranger looked when I bought it that doesn't mean that I wont ad some things like tailgate letters, running boards and vent visors.
Ranger222 (2).jpg
Ranger211 (2).jpg
I like your chrome lettering on the back. I have a blue Ranger & was wondering how it would look? I also have the chrome bumpers so it would blend in.

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
I did the 1” rear blocks with my leveling kit so it still has a little bit of extra in the rear.

my ranger is a glorified car, if I have to actually do something i take the f350

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Well, it WOULD help keep the alligators and snakes away. :shock:
Sponsored