I cannot understand the purpose of a leveling kit??

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but now the front end will be sticking up in the air more with a load or trailer, effecting handling. Basic physics. All else being equal, but start with front end higher, what's the result?
Yes I did adjust my headlights. My point here is my truck doesn’t drive or tow any worse than it did before I did the leveling kit.
Sponsored

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
My truck from today towing our camper. it was very windy here in West Tennessee today in the truck and trailer once again did just fine even with the hideously dangerous and unscientific leveling kit present. Is it maybe a little higher in the front? Yes but who cares! It’s not affecting how I have to drive the rig! I still take my time and go 60 (might get up to 65 going down a hill on a long straight four-lane highway). Not once did I ever feel like I was on the Nuribergring in a rented vw (But I don’t know what that feels like anyway so what could I possibly know about any subject..)

21602FD5-C4A1-4E49-86E4-CA83A5FB5222.jpeg

Rangerwig

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red Ranger Lariot
Occupation
Professional Driver
Pickup rear spring/springs settle in a short time...if you level it, and load the truck with designed weight, the tail will sag. I have never seen a 2 year old pickup with the rear bumper height as if it were new...they settle. Designed to do so; yet still will take its designed load without dragging its tail. I have owned many pickups over many decades and none have had the new truck rear box rise last longer than a year or two. Throw some decent weight in the rear of a new truck for a few months...it will settle. Measure bumper to ground with an almost empty fuel tank, fill the tank and remeasure.

Simply observe 2-3 year old pickups of any manufacturer! The harder you work them, the more natural the level becomes.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I bet the rake is mostly for aero...after leveling, I lost a lot of MPGs...then adding weight and stance didn't help... :rolleyes:
Did you level the truck without changing the wheels & tires?
It was my understanding that MPG losses are due to the off-road wheels & bigger tires installed with a lift/level and very little to due with ride height(at least when leveled).

Michelle

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
I lost maybe 1 mpg with a level. I go back and forth from stock tires and wheels to aftermarket with mud terrains. I get about 21mpg with 31” mud terrains and 23-24mpg with stock tires and wheels
Is this ur white truck in the pic? I have same truck. I did a 3” level. Debating a lift. Did u do a lift as well?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Did you level the truck without changing the wheels & tires?
It was my understanding that MPG losses are due to the off-road wheels & bigger tires installed with a lift/level and very little to due with ride height(at least when leveled).
Wheels/tires were on first and I lost MGP...with the lift, the RTT, camp gear weight and widening flares/spacers, MPG dropped progressively...

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels/tires were on first and I lost MGP...with the lift, the RTT, camp gear weight and widening flares/spacers, MPG dropped progressively...
Oh I see you really stacked the odds there lol any data without the camping gear?

Three Ponies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2000 Mustang GT convertible, 1973 Restomodded Mustang Convertible, 1962 Thunderbird
Leveling your truck isn't for everyone. I've tried on the temporary rear-end lowering level kit.
20200618_191639.jpg

Not for me on a permanent basis.
And it seems that big a$$ ends sticking out there are all the rage now-a-days. :crackup:
1618271430528.png

Similar solution- 25 concrete blocks levels it.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I see you really stacked the odds there lol any data without the camping gear?
Really don't know...I didn't pay attention in the beginning being too gunho on setting up my overland rig and not bothered with MPG...since hearing about people getting 27 (likely stock 2wd) and 23-24 (likely stock FX4), I started paying attention and noticed the best that I've ever achieved was 21-22 prior to the tent and fenders...now with everything on board, I'm at 17-18 city and 19-20 highway...but that's with GVW of 5,500 lbs...

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Really don't know...I didn't pay attention in the beginning being too gunho on setting up my overland rig and not bothered with MPG...since hearing about people getting 27 (likely stock 2wd) and 23-24 (likely stock FX4), I started paying attention and noticed the best that I've ever achieved was 21-22 prior to the tent and fenders...now with everything on board, I'm at 17-18 city and 19-20 highway...but that's with GVW of 5,500 lbs...
I have a mostly stock 2019 super cab STK 4x4. I avg 26.4 in the summer and 24.0 in the winter.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
not everyone carries spring crushing weight in their trucks.
Yup, I rarely carry a lot of weight, mostly a people hauler and I’m satisfied with that. I put a backflip kit on the bed so now it’s a huge trunk
?

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
We makes choices for lots of reasons.

The trucks design is packed with oem function capability and features. Trusting in that, my intent is to fully use it and minimize any modification. My thought is the overall engineeered design is symbiotic so leave it alone.

I dont like boob jobs either.

High power driving lights and a bed power outlet is all the Tremor needs for me.
I don’t like boob jobs either. A little sag doesn’t make me gag ?

Michelle

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Medical
Yes, I just did a 2” level. I still wanted some rake
With my 3” level I’m hoping I can go with bigger wheels and tires. Looks like you were able to go with 33 inch tires with no lift?
Sponsored