Auto Stop / Start

Todfoxx31

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
I ordered this and it worked for about a week, had Amazon replace it, next one lasted 3 days...guess they don't like the on/off surges or something...gonna try an actual light and see if that lasts longer...
Yup, I went through 2 of them. Darn it they were really nice...chose your color. Let me know what works for you! Thanks a bunch ~Tod
Sponsored

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if the 120V outlet is a pure sinewave output or a modified sinewave? Our RV has a modified sinewave inverter and it is hell on solid state electronics, example..our electric blanket only worked about an hour before the controllers failed.... So in order to avoid this, we have to make sure the blanket is unplugged before we leave the RV Park. These failures as described make me wonder if this output is also a modified sinewave.... I have not used the feature as of yet..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil,
I'm outside my area talking electronics but from what I have gleamed from sparky type coworkers in the past it is most likely a digital unit which outputs a modified sine wave. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as it depends on the quality of the output and how closely the digital steps mimic a true sine wave.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil,
I'm outside my area talking electronics but from what I have gleamed from sparky type coworkers in the past it is most likely a digital unit which outputs a modified sine wave. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as it depends on the quality of the output and how closely the digital steps mimic a true sine wave.
Hi Doug,

I have a 12v portable Oscilloscope that I might have to hook up the to the outlet. Would be interesting to see the result, but with the Cov19 and both of us in the high risk catagory, this sort of wonderment is on the back burner with more important fish to fry... Thanks for your insight!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Mine just doesn’t come on so I don’t worry about it! I read that it could be the battery but the ranger starts right up and I have a warranty but this is one thing I don’t want to work lol

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know if the 120V outlet is a pure sinewave output or a modified sinewave? Our RV has a modified sinewave inverter and it is hell on solid state electronics, example..our electric blanket only worked about an hour before the controllers failed.... So in order to avoid this, we have to make sure the blanket is unplugged before we leave the RV Park. These failures as described make me wonder if this output is also a modified sinewave.... I have not used the feature as of yet..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
It is my understanding that the output is a modified sine wave. My research is that most electric blankets use silicon controlled rectifiers (SCR) which do not work well on anything other than a pure sine wave. My Ranger owners manual (2020 model) on page 135 states not to use:
"Other appliances requiring an extremely stable power supply such as microcomputer-controlled electric blankets or touch-sensor lamps."

I no longer have access to an o'scope but I would imagine the output is more of a square wave than a sine wave.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It is my understanding that the output is a modified sine wave. My research is that most electric blankets use silicon controlled rectifiers (SCR) which do not work well on anything other than a pure sine wave. My Ranger owners manual (2020 model) on page 135 states not to use:
"Other appliances requiring an extremely stable power supply such as microcomputer-controlled electric blankets or touch-sensor lamps."

I no longer have access to an o'scope but I would imagine the output is more of a square wave than a sine wave.
Hi Kent,

Thanks....I will consult my 2019 manual....Thanks for reminding me to go to my manual...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hi new member / owner here and I HATE stop start hate it, really really hate it
- I installed the autostop eliminator last week, it took less than 15 minutes and so far, it works exactly as promised. The switch is 'off' every time I start the truck, everything works as before, when I start the truck the 'autostop disabled by switch' message appears in the display like when I pushed the button - I know I can push the button every time I get in for free but now I don't have to. It really does work just like in the U Tube video. No I don't work for them I paid full price for it but I just LOVE that it works and I don't have to jab that stupid button every time I drive the truck or have it shut off and restart in the microsecond it takes to shift form D to P. or creep at a stop light to keep the engine running so I can go when I want to - stop start is the ONE THING I hated when I brought my new truck home now its gone!
The Range one i got on trial didnt work at all.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
The Range one i got on trial didnt work at all.
I don't know...... just to be clear: the one I am speaking of is the autostop eliminator - it goes between the switch and the connecter its a simple install the just makes the switch 'remember' whatever you had it set on last---- and it really does work...... since installing it, I have not touched the switch my truck now drives like a 'normal' truck and I love it even more..... from what I saw on the webpage they give a 60 day refund and lifetime warranty if it stops working. just to be clear I'm talking about this one: https://www.autostopeliminator.com worked perfectly for me - 2020 model ranger

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know...... just to be clear: the one I am speaking of is the autostop eliminator - it goes between the switch and the connecter its a simple install the just makes the switch 'remember' whatever you had it set on last---- and it really does work...... since installing it, I have not touched the switch my truck now drives like a 'normal' truck and I love it even more..... from what I saw on the webpage they give a 60 day refund and lifetime warranty if it stops working. just to be clear I'm talking about this one: https://www.autostopeliminator.com worked perfectly for me - 2020 model ranger
Hi Andrew,

I concur....had mine for almost a year....worth every penny to me

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

Garnet

First Name
Garnet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Thats not the one i tried. Glad yours is working.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
Hi Andrew,

I concur....had mine for almost a year....worth every penny to me

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
me as well...... Yes, I know I can just push the button every time for free but I don't want to! I love my truck and I would have happily paid extra to order it without this garbage epa mandated technology ---When I bought the truck last month I drove it for a week with stop start on trying to get used to it and I just can't. I want my truck to run until I turn it off it was less than $90 and well worth the money to me-- this is a simple solution to make my truck work like I want it to......makes me love my new truck a whole lot more!

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
Thats not the one i tried. Glad yours is working.
If you hate stop start, give this one a try -- It was less than 90 bucks and it works just like it says. If you go to the site and look at the UTUBE installation video it really is that easy; the worst part is getting your hand in there to unclip the connecter. It is worth the money to me.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Had an extra. Been using it for almost two months and the engine hasn’t stopped once. Plugged in the rear outlet.

7865FC35-0C78-4E85-9884-9D6F62FBCD4F.jpeg

AA358BD5-E0D0-4724-A564-7718C37B3C5F.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No need to spend $90.00, just plus in a $5.00 LED night light into the 110v in the back or drive in S mode. Both will disable ASS.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
The ASS did its thing as I slowly crept forward while parking my brand new Ranger in my garage. That was enough for me and I plugged in my night light. No more aggravation.
Sponsored