How to drain ford performance air/oil separator M-6766-R23.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Why would you think aftermarket ones are better engineered than Ford? At least the Ford one probably got signed off on by an engineer.
I honestly don't think any properly installed aftermarket can is any different than the ford performance unit. I don't know what the FP one looks like internally, but if a can has a baffle setup to catch the vapors and turn em into liquid then all is well.
Sponsored

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Why would you think aftermarket ones are better engineered than Ford? At least the Ford one probably got signed off on by an engineer.
I'd say the performance of my dual vacuum catch can has had more than expected performance.

Factory engineers are held to a design minimum constrained by $.

Aftermarket has to prove itself and typically does.

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
This is one item on my list of what to purchase.. I would think that the aftermarket built ones as there are a few are better than the factory Ford. Anyone have an opinion on this?
I have one from Mishimoto for about 3 years now. I put a brass ball valve on it and some fuel line that is tucked up into the frame; when hanging loose it is about 4 inches from the ground. To drain I put a soda or water bottle on it. The bottle stays put while I drain it so I am happy about that as I can do other stuff while it drains.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I'd say the performance of my dual vacuum catch can has had more than expected performance.

Since I retired from a manufacturer I would trust them over some of the absolutely terrible aftermarket parts I’ve seen.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
How long has Ford Performance had this available for our engines?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist

Hard to say that. For many things, the Ford performance option IS the aftermarket version with the FP label, meaning that Ford approves of that design. Then sticks the FP label on it and charge you double or triple the price.

Rcmoneypit

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Utility Director
As for draining the FP catch can, disconnect the lines to the can by releasing the blue quik disconnect locks, lift can from bracket. Pour fluid out of lower inlet. Reinstall reverse of removal. No need to take can apart unless you want to for more thorough clean out. Just drained mine this weekend after about 1000 mi.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
The interval I drain my catch can is about 1200-1500 miles roughly every two weeks right now. I think only draining the FP unit at oil changes is asking for trouble.

Rockhound

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT
Occupation
Cabinet Installer
I didn't know Ford made these! I just ordered mine (M-6766-B23 ) on the Ford Performance site. With my rewards points and the discount code it came to $79!! I can't wait to install it and have one more thing to maintain! :p But the benefits of reducing carbon build up on the valves will be worth it.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
I didn't know Ford made these! I just ordered mine (M-6766-B23 ) on the Ford Performance site. With my rewards points and the discount code it came to $79!! I can't wait to install it and have one more thing to maintain! :p But the benefits of reducing carbon build up on the valves will be worth it.
I didn't either until I saw this thread. Not sure when they became available, wish I had known about them sooner.

Rockhound

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT
Occupation
Cabinet Installer
I bet! I was considering the pricey aftermarkets, but just couldn't justify spending hundreds. (read getting approval from the boss)
Sponsored