jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck because there's a massive anti-rattle clamp that makes it impossible to slide the ball part off the hitch.

The best approach is to bust the hitch lock with a pipe. The end is pretty chunky, so it'll have to be a bigger pipe than most need, but I'm sure a 2" steel pipe would break it off. It might take a few wiggles, but it's only 3/8" at the smallest point of the hitch pin.

It's unfortunate to think in those terms, but I do have a spare set of 3 stainless steel pins if someone does take them. I wouldn't want my balls to just be flapping around in the wind without them! =D
says you!
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Good luck because there's a massive anti-rattle clamp that makes it impossible to slide the ball part off the hitch.

The best approach is to bust the hitch lock with a pipe. The end is pretty chunky, so it'll have to be a bigger pipe than most need, but I'm sure a 2" steel pipe would break it off. It might take a few wiggles, but it's only 3/8" at the smallest point of the hitch pin.

It's unfortunate to think in those terms, but I do have a spare set of 3 stainless steel pins if someone does take them. I wouldn't want my balls to just be flapping around in the wind without them! =D
Heaven forbid!?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
You mean like this?
IMG_5071.jpg

Haha. Painted that on so it lines up with my back up camera. Makes backing in square easier without hitting all of my crap in the garage.

Re: parking in an sloped driveway, I always park nose down when not in the garage. Mostly so the door doesn't swing closed on my leg while I am getting out. Could car less about the box drainage.
I feel your pain brother - are you in Toronto too?

A8E4E0C8-F6C5-4047-A1C5-77CD884E0435.jpeg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Canuckian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Crew Cab Lariat Blackout
Wow you have a tight spot...our garage is spacious but in order for both my wife and I park in consistently, I taped the floor as well and use my under body cameras to line up my tires while moving in and stop at a precise point...if you were to watch me drive into the garage, you'd be freaked out because I'm staring down at the monitor and not out of the vehicle lol...
[/QUOT

Garage is a decent size, I just have a lot of stuff stored in there. I does feel a bit phyco backing in there with your eyes glued to the reverse camera though. ?

Canuckian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Crew Cab Lariat Blackout
I feel your pain brother - are you in Toronto too?

A8E4E0C8-F6C5-4047-A1C5-77CD884E0435.jpeg
west coast. I have about the same clearance on the front though. Painted a mark that I can line up with the hitch receiver through the reverse camera so I don’t close the door on the hood

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I have a wheel chock that I line up with the camera‘s guide lines and a level hanging on my shelves….way too tight. ?

maxarcher

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Pilot
I park mine nose down, not for angle reasons but because my driveway is pretty short and my Ranger only has rear sensors so it's easier to back in, plus it means I can load stuff straight out of the garage and into the bed. Rain isn't really an issue in my area, but for what it's worth the front drain holes work pretty well, I just washed my truck and pressure washed the bed pretty thoroughly in the process, and was pretty surprised at how quickly the pools of water up at the front were gone.

Last edited:

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
All this picking on @Tracy Bowman, so I decided to let go of my OCD-this-is-how-you-park rules.

Plus I think this parking strategy may lessen the water-in-the-plugs dilemma! =p

Soupie on a slant! And bonus, another Race Red Ford.

curb.jpg
No need to park on a curb. Our Rangers already have the required driver's side lean for box drainage.

AvalancheFX4

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Avalanche grey Lariat Ranger w/ fx4 package
Occupation
Keeping it real
My driveway slopes downhill from the house too.
On the rare occasion I have to park outside the garage, I park nose down as I don't care about the water drain in the bed, but I am sure to back up really close to the garage door because I DO care about mitigating tailgate/taillight theft as best I can.
For whatever that might be worth to ya :)
Ever since I read about the thefts , strictly in the garage overnight. My area is quiet but we do have the occasional shady character pass through. As far as parking in the driveway nose down but I'm in a dry environment. We had significant rain twice this year haha

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
just gotta let em breath lmao
And God be merciful on any would-be robber's ankles if I unleash Cheech on them!

They may end up with their shoelaces untied! =D

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
And God be merciful on any would-be robber's ankles if I unleash Cheech on them!

They may end up with their shoelaces untied! =D
haha my pup tries to act all big and bad but she kinda forgets she is a baby and only weighs 27ishlbs atm haha

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
haha my pup tries to act all big and bad but she kinda forgets she is a baby and only weighs 27ishlbs atm haha
Sounds like we have a matching pair. My guy's 20 pounds (about 3 pounds overweight) and he's half Chihuahua, one quarter Yorkie, and then German Spitz.

He's 9 and in the two years before we got him, he'd been in 7 different places, including the dog pound and two shelters. So if he likes to bark and nip, I just warn people that want to pet him. =)
Sponsored