First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
at about 4k I was washing my truck...got off my step-stool and it wobbled...into the door.

lawd I was pissed...but I can say it was my own fault and not someone else lol

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I’m cursed with new vehicles, somehow I’ll put a ding in it within a few weeks no matter how hard I try to avoid.
Sure enough, three weeks in, my door gets away from me and have my first ding.
Good, it’s done, all other dings won’t bother me as much. It’s been christened.
:mad:
Same here. Funny tho, if it were a used truck with several cosmetic imperfections this would never happen and you could park in the tightest parking spaces. lol
With that said, I was one of the few here that ordered body side moldings just to give a little peace of mind when out in the wild.
One thing I've noticed is how easily the paint is taken down to almost bare metal in the bed.
Nothing a spray in liner won't fix at a later date.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
3500 miles with all kinds of dings and scrapes. several loads of firewood have done their damage, doors have dings, tailgate has paint scraped of 1 edge... I don't care, it's a truck. they are all badges of honor and I could just cover them up with more decals:clap::rockon:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
...With that said, I was one of the few here that ordered body side moldings just to give a little peace of mind when out in the wild....
Do you have pics of your side moldings ?

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger (2019), Chevrolet Camaro 2002 Anniversary Edition
Same here. Funny tho, if it were a used truck with several cosmetic imperfections this would never happen and you could park in the tightest parking spaces. lol
With that said, I was one of the few here that ordered body side moldings just to give a little peace of mind when out in the wild.
One thing I've noticed is how easily the paint is taken down to almost bare metal in the bed.
Nothing a spray in liner won't fix at a later date.
I looked for body side moldings like crazy but couldn't find them! Where did you get those?!

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I looked for body side moldings like crazy but couldn't find them! Where did you get those?!
Amazon and same on ebay. Both cab configs. All '19 colors, may have updated to '20 not sure. Worth the money b/c they're oem quality. Great seller too.

Dawn Enterprises FE-RANGER19-SC Finished End Body Side Molding Compatible with Ford Ranger - Mag
51ivGKy7sLL._AC_SX679_.jpg

$135.95
1594662577342.png

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They look great! Will definitely be picking some up. I have some door edge guards, so I hope that I can place the side moldings a bit closer to the front of the door w/o issues opening / closing.

I'm guessing when I looked there was not a market for Ranger accessories, or they just didn't have many available (July 2019).

clarue

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
Took it home April 2019, 22K miles later (I drive a LOT for work) the worst damage was just this last weekend. Picked up some wire mesh panels and had them strapped over the roof on a moving blanket, which slipped while I was taking them down and took the clear and color coats off the passenger side upper back corner. Not great, probably will need to do something about it before wet weather comes back in the fall.

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took it home April 2019, 22K miles later (I drive a LOT for work) the worst damage was just this last weekend. Picked up some wire mesh panels and had them strapped over the roof on a moving blanket, which slipped while I was taking them down and took the clear and color coats off the passenger side upper back corner. Not great, probably will need to do something about it before wet weather comes back in the fall.
Ouch! That one sounds tough dude. Right in the corner too? You going to try to sand/ respray?

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3500 miles with all kinds of dings and scrapes. several loads of firewood have done their damage, doors have dings, tailgate has paint scraped of 1 edge... I don't care, it's a truck. they are all badges of honor and I could just cover them up with more decals:clap::rockon:
Wish I could have your attitude about it man. That's a healthy way to have a truck, and not increase your blood pressure over minor stuff. I Think because it is my first "new" vehicle purchase, I just care too much about every little scratch and ding.

clarue

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
Ouch! That one sounds tough dude. Right in the corner too? You going to try to sand/ respray?
IMG_0671.jpg

I need to confer with people i know who know how to do this before i take a stab at it. At least it looks like the primer is intact.
Sponsored