First Name
Drandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Healthcare Corp Analyst
I think reasonable people can somewhat agree on that as specifically relates to "train" horns.
They are created to BE unreasonably loud and harsh for a reason, an seldom will an engineer blow one outside of when he's required to for safety reasons.

When you're near railroad tracks, you kind of expect at times to hear a horn blow and are less likely to be scared shitless by it unless you're just not being attentive to where you are and what you're doing. Hearing something that loud anywhere else can startle someone into a panic move they otherwise might not have made, or exacerbate a stupid move they're already making.

All this in my own humble opinion and experience, of course.
I think you have a very good point. I like the novelty of it for showing off and such. I would hate to cause someone to steer into another vehicle from the flight reaction and startle.
Sponsored

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Hearing something that loud anywhere else can startle someone into a panic move they otherwise might not have made, or exacerbate a stupid move they're already making.
Kinda like when my wife out of nowhere for the stupidest of reasons suddenly yells "look out"! Scaring the shit out of me and almost causing me to wreck.

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Kinda like when my wife out of nowhere for the stupidest of reasons suddenly yells "look out"! Scaring the shit out of me and almost causing me to wreck.
I have one of those too! Except instead of “Look out” she just gasps excessively loud and grabs the handle above the door and puts her hand on the dash. I have no earthly idea why she does it.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I think reasonable people can somewhat agree on that as specifically relates to "train" horns.
They are created to BE unreasonably loud and harsh for a reason, an seldom will an engineer blow one outside of when he's required to for safety reasons.

When you're near railroad tracks, you kind of expect at times to hear a horn blow and are less likely to be scared shitless by it unless you're just not being attentive to where you are and what you're doing. Hearing something that loud anywhere else can startle someone into a panic move they otherwise might not have made, or exacerbate a stupid move they're already making.

All this in my own humble opinion and experience, of course.
Fully agree Chris.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Side notes and reminder that big brother is watching.
I first read this post on my work computer, even clicked on the link for the horns.
When I got home, I started watching YouTube. And what ad do I get?
TRAIN HORNS!

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I have one of those too! Except instead of “Look out” she just gasps excessively loud and grabs the handle above the door and puts her hand on the dash. I have no earthly idea why she does it.
Add me to a member of this club

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Mine stomps her foot like there’s a brake pedal in the passenger footwell. That’s funny, don’t remember this being a drivers Ed truck…

OP
OP

DranC

First Name
Drandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Healthcare Corp Analyst
I heard a guy say in a review that he installed a pressure regulator and brought down the decibels considerably for everyday use. I'm looking into doing the same....

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
62? We are legion.