Store Mgr
Wow this is all crazy...but an easy fix
Sponsored

Opusnbill7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
At least the hoods don't shake at highway speeds like they do on the Colorado...

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
At least the hoods don't shake at highway speeds like they do on the Colorado...
Amen. I find the Ranger sounds solid compared to other trucks I have driven. Ahem Chevy....

Opusnbill7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Amen. I find the Ranger sounds solid compared to other trucks I have driven. Ahem Chevy....
In some ways....but the doors. The colorado's doors never sounded bad. My drivers door sounds like a pop can on the Ranger. Asked the dealer and they said some just sound like that. It seems to shut nice and the fit looks good but :oops:

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
In some ways....but the doors. The colorado's doors never sounded bad. My drivers door sounds like a pop can on the Ranger. Asked the dealer and they said some just sound like that. It seems to shut nice and the fit looks good but :oops:
Now that you mention it I do notice it sounds different. My previous car it sounded very “tinny” so maybe I didn’t notice the Ranger because anything is better then the last car?

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I believe my '21 has the same hood alignment issue? I noticed it when I was putting on my ceramic coating a couple of weeks ago, but by it being Black, it's not as noticeable. I may do this mod and pull them out anyway :)

Sanford & Son Salvage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4WD, SCab
Since this is about front end alignment.. My hood and fenders line up...

Anyone have the lower front bumper off to one side or the other and be able to shift and center it?

Mine is shifted to the drivers side a bit.. 1/4 inch or so but it is noticable... once you notice it..

Sanford & Son Salvage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4WD, SCab
Enough said. If I hire someone today in the US to build me a widget, or pave my driveway, or run my helpdesk, or whatever, and I pick the cheapest guy who bids way under the other guys there will be one of two outcomes: the work will suck, or it will go over budget (I guess both at the same time is a third possibility). You can mitigate by either not hiring the suspiciously cheap guy, or spending more time/money checking his work. People underbidding contracts isn't a china thing, it's a contract bidding thing. If a US company is crying that they went with the lowest bid, don't want to do their own QC, and want to blame someone else for a shit outcome, the problem is with the US company. Doesn't matter whether they outsourced to china or dubuque. (In the IT industry I hear damn near exactly the same complaints about on-shored outsourcing that I heard about off-shored outsourcing...the problem isn't where the work is being sourced, the problem is with the people doing the outsourcing and their ability to write/manage the contract.)

welcome to life. if you can't deal with suppliers, you're going to have issues running a business.

I don't know what outcome you expect, but unless US companies and US consumers stop demanding the absolute lowest prices with no concern about quality you should not expect any changes. Don't fall for the "it's all China's fault" rhetoric, the real problem is here.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Just noticed my hood is out too FFS. Have it in for a 10k service in a few days so might as well ask them to do it.

clubber_lang

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, Custom Promaster Van
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
+1 for driver side misaligned hood on a 2021. I just bought the truck on Saturday and noticed the hood on Monday at work. Once I saw it, it now sticks out like a sore thumb so I'll be wrenching on it tonight. I'm going to consider it one of my first mods.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
If it makes anyone feel better, the new Frontier seems to have similar hood alignment woes. I've seen 2 where it looks like the hood isn't latched properly.

clubber_lang

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, Custom Promaster Van
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
+1 for driver side misaligned hood on a 2021. I just bought the truck on Saturday and noticed the hood on Monday at work. Once I saw it, it now sticks out like a sore thumb so I'll be wrenching on it tonight. I'm going to consider it one of my first mods.
I loosened the bolts and moved the fender as much as I could. It is better, but could still use a slight ream to get it fully aligned.

Reaper_Less

First Name
Mr E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
N/A
Just bought a used '21 Ranger and it had the same thing. Dealer said it's a 12 hour labor charge, 2 day turn around. For me, it's still under warranty and a loaner is provided.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Loosened a total of 6 10mm fender bolts, pulled fenders out and retightened. Took about 5 minutes and 1/4 of a beer. Panel gap is now perfect
Funny how a bunch of people will do all kinds of stuff to their trucks and whine about a minor adjustment.

I've got a 2019 (before the aluminum fender delete) and feel mine could benefit from a minor adjustment.

I'm wondering what the bolts should be torqued back to?
Sponsored