Hood alignment

DangerRanger8721

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
My hood hangs over on the driver side quite a bit. It’s always been this way I first noticed a few days after I got it and did a quick google search and discovered that this is unfortunately common(thank you Ford) and basically just wrote it off. Then yesterday another user pointed it out stating it needs an alignment. I’ve seen on here about how to do so but can’t seem to find it now so I’m reaching out to see who knows about shifting it to align a bit better

E9C1715C-4BA6-4C05-8533-5583B149F5D4.jpeg
Sponsored

kpgreenwell

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro 2021 Lincoln Corsair 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic Technician
My hood hangs over on the driver side quite a bit. It’s always been this way I first noticed a few days after I got it and did a quick google search and discovered that this is unfortunately common(thank you Ford) and basically just wrote it off. Then yesterday another user pointed it out stating it needs an alignment. I’ve seen on here about how to do so but can’t seem to find it now so I’m reaching out to see who knows about shifting it to align a bit better

E9C1715C-4BA6-4C05-8533-5583B149F5D4.jpeg
Search hood alignment. I believe you will need to adjust your fender out on top to align with the hood.

OP
OP
DangerRanger8721

DangerRanger8721

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Search hood alignment. I believe you will need to adjust your fender out on top to align with the hood.
I tried a search and got nothing even close. But when I posted this there were “similar threads “ suggested below that were exactly what I was looking for

Jimmyk

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
real estate
I saw a write up about this , I thought it was here. Any way the one I read had pics and said lift hood, there are top bolts on both feners about 4 of them loosen and pull the fender out. I also saw that the factory paint was missing when they moved the fender in the pic.
I would take it to the dealer body shop and have them do it under warranty.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Yeah I was going to adjust mine but rather not use a dremal on fenders.

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
This is timely. Just noticed my DS is off.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I was going to adjust mine but rather not use a dremal on fenders.
Y’all are welcome lol.
Dremal not necessary at all.
And just get some touch-up paint and touch-up around the bolt heads. Still green primer underneath, not a big deal. .

Last edited:

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I have this issue on the passenger side. Struggling a bit to correct it because when I pull the fender as much as I need to, it obstructs the bolt hole closest to the windshield and once the bolt is inserted it pushes the fender back almost to its original position. Seems like the only way to get it right is to enlongate the hole on the fender. Definitely not going to do that....any tips?

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I have this issue on the passenger side. Struggling a bit to correct it because when I pull the fender as much as I need to, it obstructs the bolt hole closest to the windshield and once the bolt is inserted it pushes the fender back almost to its original position. Seems like the only way to get it right is to enlongate the hole on the fender. Definitely not going to do that....any tips?
Gonna have to enlongate em.

Though you could try placing a 2x4 inside the fender and gently pry it back without creasing the panel.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Gonna have to enlongate em.

Though you could try placing a 2x4 inside the fender and gently pry it back without creasing the panel.
Did you elongate them? Dremel?

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Nah I did the "Just don't look at it" fix. She's too new for me to take a dremel to.
Well....I took a Dremel to it :rolleyes: . Not perfect, but much better. OCD just wouldn't let me ignore it.
Sponsored