First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2002 Thunderbird
Occupation
Retired
I have them on my 2019 XLT and they are all plugged.
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
2020, has plugs.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
How long can this go on? Here are the facts:
2019 - plugs
2020 - plugs
2021 - FU no plugs
I don't know that not having plugs is necessarily a bad thing. Might let water and salt out so it doesn't get trapped. My last two trucks were Sport Tracs where the third brake light leaks such that you can't see it and water runs down inside and rusts out the rear cab corners.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I don't know that not having plugs is necessarily a bad thing. Might let water and salt out so it doesn't get trapped. My last two trucks were Sport Tracs where the third brake light leaks such that you can't see it and water runs down inside and rusts out the rear cab corners.
I've heard the Swiss make cars like that... with a lot of holes.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I just looked -- 2020 FX2 XLT ranger, I have about ten holes on each side but all have painted plugs in them --- I think Id put in a warranty claim for that, I cannot believe leaving 20 1/2 inch holes in the body panels is intentional, seems like a production mistake and I would defiantly plug them with something Ive had many cars an NEVER seen anything like that on any of them ...

OP
OP
bentroia

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
I just looked -- 2020 FX2 XLT ranger, I have about ten holes on each side but all have painted plugs in them --- I think Id put in a warranty claim for that, I cannot believe leaving 20 1/2 inch holes in the body panels is intentional, seems like a production mistake and I would defiantly plug them with something Ive had many cars an NEVER seen anything like that on any of them ...
Amen, agree with your points... that is why I asked the group to determine scope of the issues. Its like farm equipment (a lariat)! Need to determine the right path forward.

The Crow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
I have a 2021 Supercab with no plugs. My thought is these holes might get filled with mud and crap so I asked at the dealership about it. The guy said they were part W712729 S300, pack of 4, but only 2 showing in the system, would have to be back ordered.

I took some calipers and measured the opening to be 3/4" so I ordered some on Amazon. Have to see how they fit after they arrive.

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
So it seems it was purposely left off the 2021 trucks. I’m not sure what to do with my tremor. I only have 600 miles and have done some gravel/dirt roads. I have fluid film and I might just spray it all up in the holes. Maybe I’ll try that part number and see if I can order the plugs. I dont know. I just know with winter and the way they salt the roads here I’m happy I found out about this. So much stuff left off the 2021’s.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I have a 2021 Supercab with no plugs. My thought is these holes might get filled with mud and crap so I asked at the dealership about it. The guy said they were part W712729 S300, pack of 4, but only 2 showing in the system, would have to be back ordered.

I took some calipers and measured the opening to be 3/4" so I ordered some on Amazon. Have to see how they fit after they arrive.
Same with my 2021 Supercab.......which plugs did you order on Amazon ?

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
open your mind.
think outside the box
of those many cars, how many rusted out their rockers?
clearly you cant comment on ones with openings, so maybe its a new thing with benefits you havent experience yet?
it may be an improvement for rust etc (doubt it) --- but it looks like crap if it were for a reason a one way drain valve to let water out -- if thats the reason would be better than 20 holes in the bottom of a cars panels just my opinion.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
Amen, agree with your points... that is why I asked the group to determine scope of the issues. Its like farm equipment (a lariat)! Need to determine the right path forward.
really looks like a mistake that should be fixed ford could easily ship out colored plug for people to install it just looks terrible on a new vehicle 20 holes in a new car can't be on purpose .... I hope. the things you miss when looking at a new vehicle ---who looks for the kinda thing?

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman