First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Where did I say or imply that Mr. Harris offended me?

As for you. I never once called you stupid or retarded. I said pulling a 5th wheel travel trailer with a Ranger is stupid and borderline retarded. Stupid is as stupid does.

If you don't like people commenting on what YOU plan to do with YOUR Ranger don't post it on line.

I don't need your itinerary. I've got the ability to spot rolling hazards a mile away. You can rest assured that I, along with any other sane person, will stay far away from any midsized 5th wheel rigs. If you do come out here please just keep it in right lane. We don't put runaway truck ramps on the left side. ;)
Ha, at least once a year I pass the runaway truck ramp and some nitwit tourist is parked in it with their family.

Also, this:
1625758038070.jpeg
Sponsored

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
While I appreciate your nod to my arguing skills, you apparently haven't paid much attention to my words. "Environmental, woke, safety nanny" are not words that anybody would use to describe me.

I will, however, call out stupidity when I see it. And trying to tow a 5th wheel travel trailer (that isn't a little Scamp) with a Ranger is stupid. Borderline retarded. The irony of dude being a retired cop is icing on the cake.

Also, if you want to talk shit like a man the least you could do is flag the person you're talking about like so...

@AdamHarris
Typical

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
not sure where that came from
but i guess a troll has to continue to dig deep to feel included.
so jump on in Adam, no one will forget about you no matter how insignificant you are.
Op make a run for it!! They chasin me now!

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Where did I say or imply that Mr. Harris offended me?

As for you. I never once called you stupid or retarded. I said pulling a 5th wheel travel trailer with a Ranger is stupid and borderline retarded. Stupid is as stupid does.

If you don't like people commenting on what YOU plan to do with YOUR Ranger don't post it on line.

I don't need your itinerary. I've got the ability to spot rolling hazards a mile away. You can rest assured that I, along with any other sane person, will stay far away from any midsized 5th wheel rigs. If you do come out here please just keep it in right lane. We don't put runaway truck ramps on the left side. ;)
One last entry from me on my post...
Sir, I have to ask...do you now, or have ever owned an RV, or have set up an RV or vehicle for towing ?
If so than you have the right to criticize me, but if not, you do not. If not, your only picking figures and ### and admonishing me for coming close to a stated limit.
I have had either camper trailers or motor homes parked in our driveway, continually, since 1971 and do know how to properly set up both trailers and vehicles to safely tow.
There have been others posting, with photos, of trailers with vehicles on them, that are very close to Fords ratings, yet you have not admonished them or what they intend to tow.
If you are that bothered by what Ford rates their properly set up Ranger to tow, than maybe you should consider a job with Ford Motor Corporation as a "weight watcher" or "ultimate safety engineer".
And yes, indirectly you did call me stupid (I am not) and borderline retarded (that's up to interpretation) neither of which caused me a second thought other than to think I must have caused you a splinter in your tush or a paper cut that irritates you to no end.
Drop it friend...no upside to continue arguing.

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
One last entry from me on my post...
Sir, I have to ask...do you now, or have ever owned an RV, or have set up an RV or vehicle for towing ?
If so than you have the right to criticize me, but if not, you do not. If not, your only picking figures and ### and admonishing me for coming close to a stated limit.
I have had either camper trailers or motor homes parked in our driveway, continually, since 1971 and do know how to properly set up both trailers and vehicles to safely tow.
There have been others posting, with photos, of trailers with vehicles on them, that are very close to Fords ratings, yet you have not admonished them or what they intend to tow.
If you are that bothered by what Ford rates their properly set up Ranger to tow, than maybe you should consider a job with Ford Motor Corporation as a "weight watcher" or "ultimate safety engineer".
And yes, indirectly you did call me stupid (I am not) and borderline retarded (that's up to interpretation) neither of which caused me a second thought other than to think I must have caused you a splinter in your tush or a paper cut that irritates you to no end.
I have owned and towed multiple trailers with multiple vehicles.

I'll admit. The thought of a lightweight 5th wheel is intriguing due to aerodynamics and Floorplan flexibility. But there really don't seem to be many options that are light enough. The Scamp is a love it or hate it deal, the little Escape 5.0 doesn't look too bad at first glance.

Those are designed for midsized trucks. But I'm pretty sure they aren't what you're talking about.

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I have owned and towed multiple trailers with multiple vehicles.

I'll admit. The thought of a lightweight 5th wheel is intriguing due to aerodynamics and Floorplan flexibility. But there really don't seem to be many options that are light enough. The Scamp is a love it or hate it deal, the little Escape 5.0 doesn't look too bad at first glance.

Those are designed for midsized trucks. But I'm pretty sure they aren't what you're talking about.
As I posted several pages back, my wife is now looking at regular trailers, not 5th wheels. Range from 5000 to 6000 lbs with tongue weights of 550 to 650 lbs., probably in the 24 to 26 foot range. All we're now looking at fall very safely under the Rangers weight rating. There are over a dozen that fit the bill as far as filling our needs.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
As I posted several pages back, my wife is now looking at regular trailers, not 5th wheels. Range from 5000 to 6000 lbs with tongue weights of 550 to 650 lbs., probably in the 24 to 26 foot range. All we're now looking at fall very safely under the Rangers weight rating. There are over a dozen that fit the bill as far as filling our needs.
Seems like a much brighter idea.

erty176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Designer
Thanks for including the measurements for the bed extender holes! Couldn't get any straight answers and I just bought a bed mat that I'd like to take into the bottom 2 of them with.

nevada.tracy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Universal sized plugs for any thread. cheap like your half sister.
I use these for painting as they are fast and easy when you're plugging multiple holes.
just flick them out with a pick after and the threads are paint free.
never tried them with something like bedliner, but likely easier than thread chasing the holes after.

1625351413660.png
Looks like ear plugs to me
Sponsored