Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm talking about removing the screws on the panel on the inside of tailgate first so you can then open the tailgate even if it was locked. Having a good tonneau cover or shell prevents someone from just hopping into the bed of the truck and taking the tailgate apart to open it to gain access to the tail lights.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/stolen-taillight-more-expensive-than-you-might-think.18030/
Curious, how long does it take to take the tail gate apart? I'd think that would look pretty conspicuous?
Sponsored

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Curious, how long does it take to take the tail gate apart? I'd think that would look pretty conspicuous?
If someone hopped in at night with battery power tool and laid down in the bed while removing that panel, unless someone was near enough to hear them, nobody would really notice. Power tool with the right bit, 5, maybe 6, seconds per screw. So, under a minute easily.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I keep my Ranger in the garage when I am not driving it, except for occasional stints in the driveway, but never, ever on the street. Still, not everyone can or wants to do this, and it stinks that people would hit your vehicles and take off without leaving their information.
Mine is always in my carport behind the gate. I sleep better at night.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
We manage to park one vehicle in the garage. Its our older minivan so the family doesn’t have to get in and out in the rain or hot van…

My poor Ranger in the driveway!
I'm with you. Just towed our FJ-40 out of the garage so my wife can park her new Mazda CX-5 in it. That'll be much better for her - no rain, no snow, no ice - and it will give me the driveway for the Ranger, which is better than the street!

magnus

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Damn sorry to hear that.

I would recommend Rickenbaugh Collision Repair in Denver. When I was rear-ended I used them and they were great, paint team did an amazing job. However, it did turn out to be a pretty expensive repair so might be worth it to shop around since you'll be paying unfortunately.

If it helps I can forward along the quote I received from them, I was also hit in the back left.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I'm with you. Just towed our FJ-40 out of the garage so my wife can park her new Mazda CX-5 in it. That'll be much better for her - no rain, no snow, no ice - and it will give me the driveway for the Ranger, which is better than the street!
I'm lucky enough to have enough room for all of our vehicles in the garage.

If I had just two spots, the Heep would move out to the driveway. Just one and wife's CX-5 would move out, but hers is a few years old. But I'd only move them out to the driveway, not the street.

If all I had available was street parking I'd be driving a 20 year old truck instead.

Utope

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
We manage to park one vehicle in the garage. Its our older minivan so the family doesn’t have to get in and out in the rain or hot van…

My poor Ranger in the driveway!
Same boat, the wife's explorer is in the garage. I don't keep much of anything (besides some ratchet and tow straps) in the Ranger while wife's car has random stuff in it. I'm on a cul-de-sac in a safe enough neighborhood. I also have a camera above the garage and another at the front door.

OP
OP
AvockAdoo

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I'm lucky enough to have enough room for all of our vehicles in the garage.

If I had just two spots, the Heep would move out to the driveway. Just one and wife's CX-5 would move out, but hers is a few years old. But I'd only move them out to the driveway, not the street.

If all I had available was street parking I'd be driving a 20 year old truck instead.
Street parking is all I've got access to, we've only got a 1 car garage, and my truck with the high rise cap is too tall for it. In 10+ years of street parking I've never had a single incident. This one is covered by insurance, so all in all I'm quite content on the street. We live on a quiet one, surprised anything happened on it. If I lived on a main road I'd probably try to figure something else out for the foreseeable future, its the street for me! Plus, its a truck, not a Ferrari. Its meant to be used, not be a showpiece. Thats what project cars are for... ;)

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
That's to bad the some don't have the decency to leave a note. :mad: Mark @txquailguy needs his taillight replaced and was just telling me yesterday he got a price for just over $800.00 so maybe he'll see this and shed more light on it. Maybe you can check with the neighbors and see if any have cameras and caught them on tape. Good luck.
Dave....I was wrong on that price. I called Ford last week and that taillight assembly with the BLISS sensor is the exact same price the body shop is charging for it.....$1,083.32....:oops:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave....I was wrong on that price. I called Ford last week and that taillight assembly with the BLISS sensor is the exact same price the body shop is charging for it.....$1,083.32....:oops:
Wow that's to bad Mark I was hoping some things were getting cheaper but I guess not.

BTW did you go to TX yet? When you called me we were in a dead spot going into Zion then I forgot all about it later as we were tired from hiking and driving all day.

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
Sometime in the middle of the night last night, some ahole hit my truck, and didn’t leave a note.

Shit happens, not too stressed about it, but would love anybody’s recommendations on body shops in North denver or Arvada (home or work) who does high quality work and only uses OEM replacement parts

the damage isn’t “that bad” but I imagine this is going to be one of those that doesn’t look bad, but is very expensive to fix.

thanks in advance!
5627F7FE-6B16-4E13-B03C-B37A7762A545.jpeg
Great attitude! Life is much more pleasant when you don't get to caught up in things like this.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that's to bad Mark I was hoping some things were getting cheaper but I guess not.

BTW did you go to TX yet?
Yes, we got back Saturday.....I caught LOTS of fish in the surf! It was a blast....I even hooked myself in the face and didn't miss a beat.....cut that thing right out and kept on fishing...lol.

Best 93 Octane price on the trip was $4.53 in the Houston area at a Sam's Club.....it was below $5 all throughout Texas with highest in the north and lowest in the south.....

I actually saw a 24.1 mph reading on one leg of the trip.....first time I've ever seen a 400+ miles to E reading on my gauge..... :wink:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes, we got back Saturday.....I caught LOTS of fish in the surf! It was a blast....I even hooked myself in the face and didn't miss a beat.....cut that thing right out and kept on fishing...lol.

Best 93 Octane price on the trip was $4.53 in the Houston area at a Sam's Club.....it was below $5 all throughout Texas with highest in the north and lowest in the south.....

I actually saw a 24.1 mph reading on one leg of the trip.....first time I've ever seen a 400+ miles to E reading on my gauge..... :wink:
Glad to hear it was a good time even with the hook in the face. ? See driving somewhat tame you can go good mileage. lol

We started making plans for next year and I'll give you a call and let you know what they are. Looks like Yellowstone is going to be out for now, just to expensive and everyone said it's way to crowded right now unless you go when the kids are still in school.
Sponsored