First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Same here a few weeks ago but not nearly as bad. Tried a PDR guy I've used before and he did not want to do it so trying another guy next week before taking to a body shop and bending over.

D8427CE5-4BD0-43D5-B5C9-BFB22616DBBC_1_105_c.jpeg
Yours looks like a PDR guy might be able to tackle it! Mine, not so much. I have it in at Werkheiser on recommendation from a friend - Keith seemed like a stand up guy, newer shop pretty close to my house but by the looks of it he knew what he was doing.

Should be all fixed up the week of July 11th
Sponsored

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Sad luck...the Bliss lamps are crazy expensive...surprised there's not an epidemic theft of these...KEEP YOUR TAILGATE LOCKED AT ALL TIMES!!!...remove two screws and unplug...that's it...
If you don't have a good tonneau cover or camper shell, unless you replace the default screws or tack weld the panel on the inside of the tailgate locking it does not matter.

Tank20xl

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Supercab
That stinks. Mine is in the shop now for the same thing. Luckily got it on camera and was able to get it taken care of by the other persons insurance eventually. Hopefully they get you fixed quickly

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Sometime in the middle of the night last night, some ahole hit my truck, and didn’t leave a note.

Shit happens, not too stressed about it, but would love anybody’s recommendations on body shops in North denver or Arvada (home or work) who does high quality work and only uses OEM replacement parts

the damage isn’t “that bad” but I imagine this is going to be one of those that doesn’t look bad, but is very expensive to fix.

thanks in advance!
5627F7FE-6B16-4E13-B03C-B37A7762A545.jpeg
Sorry to hear about this, buddy. That dude is truly a jerk. And, yeah, even though it does not look so bad, it will cost so much!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I don't park on the street
Prob some drunk or text'r, maybe person didn't know they did it, they should but who knows
Not to be taken the wrong way but not sure I'd leave a note, leave a note saying you hit the vehicle, then some one else comes along and does worse damage. Guess who's getting looked at.
Need to find a way to contact the owner that night or maybe get LE to come out and take a report
Again not saying I'd hit and run but would try to get it resolved that night if all possible
This is why I keep my Ranger in the garage when I am not driving it, except for occasional stints in the driveway, but never, ever on the street. Still, not everyone can or wants to do this, and it stinks that people would hit your vehicles and take off without leaving their information.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I remember reading in Reader's Digest many years ago, one of those Life in these United States anecdotes at the end of an essay. It was along these lines:

In a busy parking lot, several people witnessed one car backing into another, causing minor damage to the unoccupied car that was hit. The violator dutifully got out and looked at the damage. He then asked any of the witnesses for a pen or pencil and a piece of scrap paper. Someone gave him a pen, another had an old envelope in her purse. Everyone watched as the perp wrote out a note and stuck it under a windshield wiper. He even returned the pen to the person who provided it, then drove off.
The owner of the damaged car returned, saw the damage and the note.
It read 'Everybody is watching me write this thinking I'm leaving you my name, address and phone number. Good luck'.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
This is why I keep my Ranger in the garage when I am not driving it, except for occasional stints in the driveway, but never, ever on the street. Still, not everyone can or wants to do this, and it stinks that people would hit your vehicles and take off without leaving their information.
We manage to park one vehicle in the garage. Its our older minivan so the family doesn’t have to get in and out in the rain or hot van…

My poor Ranger in the driveway!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Never owned one before I got my Ranger but now I have a Thinkware U1000 camera installed with front and rear views along with motion detection and will stay on for days if not using the truck. With the cost of repairs and premium hikes for incidents it will pay for itself after the first hit and run or moving accident. I’m sticking it on who owns the bill. Sick of irresponsible asshats that shouldn’t be on the roads in the first place.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't have a good tonneau cover or camper shell, unless you replace the default screws or tack weld the panel on the inside of the tailgate locking it does not matter.
Not sure what you mean...tonneau or shell has no effect on preventing the screws from being removed...the tailgate in closed position is what prevents access to the lamp screws...I have a Diamond back cover and I removed my tail lamps by lowering the gate to get to the two screws with 10mm socket driver...takes all of 30 seconds...

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Sad luck...the Bliss lamps are crazy expensive...surprised there's not an epidemic theft of these...KEEP YOUR TAILGATE LOCKED AT ALL TIMES!!!...remove two screws and unplug...that's it...
Has there been even one reported instance of taillight theft on here?

We manage to park one vehicle in the garage. Its our older minivan so the family doesn’t have to get in and out in the rain or hot van…

My poor Ranger in the driveway!
Umm that's not at all how it works. Garages are to protect your vehicles. Not to keep little Johnny and Sarah from getting wet or sweaty.

If you only have one garage spot, the most expensive vehicle gets it.

I'm pretty sure "AlphaRanga" park in the garage.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Not sure what you mean...tonneau or shell has no effect on preventing the screws from being removed...the tailgate in closed position is what prevents access to the lamp screws...I have a Diamond back cover and I removed my tail lamps by lowering the gate to get to the two screws with 10mm socket driver...takes all of 30 seconds...
I'm talking about removing the screws on the panel on the inside of tailgate first so you can then open the tailgate even if it was locked. Having a good tonneau cover or shell prevents someone from just hopping into the bed of the truck and taking the tailgate apart to open it to gain access to the tail lights.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/stolen-taillight-more-expensive-than-you-might-think.18030/

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Have a friend that got rear ended waiting for a light coming out of her Sam's parking lot. Driver insisted on moving out of the way which he did she did not. He got out & checked his damage got in & drove away. She had a picture of the truck & plate. Plate was stolen. Cost her also.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray

Umm that's not at all how it works. Garages are to protect your vehicles. Not to keep little Johnny and Sarah from getting wet or sweaty.

If you only have one garage spot, the most expensive vehicle gets it.

I'm pretty sure "AlphaRanga" park in the garage.
Better Ranger is the Alpha Ranger.

True Alpha gets a little wet so the baby doesn’t have to :sunglasses: