First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Sometime in the middle of the night last night, some ahole hit my truck, and didn’t leave a note.

Shit happens, not too stressed about it, but would love anybody’s recommendations on body shops in North denver or Arvada (home or work) who does high quality work and only uses OEM replacement parts

the damage isn’t “that bad” but I imagine this is going to be one of those that doesn’t look bad, but is very expensive to fix.

thanks in advance!
5627F7FE-6B16-4E13-B03C-B37A7762A545.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
AvockAdoo

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
$$$

sucks, but that tailight alone requires an arm as payment
Yep - I've heard the stories. I already filed a claim with my insurance, they're letting me choose wherever I want to get it repaired, but with bedside damage, bumper damage and a broken tail light I'm expecting quite a high quote. Luckily my deductible is only $1k, still a bummer, but it is what it is.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's to bad the some don't have the decency to leave a note. :mad: Mark @txquailguy needs his taillight replaced and was just telling me yesterday he got a price for just over $800.00 so maybe he'll see this and shed more light on it. Maybe you can check with the neighbors and see if any have cameras and caught them on tape. Good luck.

Bell407

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Sometime in the middle of the night last night, some ahole hit my truck, and didn’t leave a note.

Shit happens, not too stressed about it, but would love anybody’s recommendations on body shops in North denver or Arvada (home or work) who does high quality work and only uses OEM replacement parts

the damage isn’t “that bad” but I imagine this is going to be one of those that doesn’t look bad, but is very expensive to fix.

thanks in advance!
I kept my 2000 Ranger looking great for 18 years and then 2 hailstorms and then another deadbeat backed into it also without stopping. I guess those days are done concerning personal responsibility? Sorry to hear and good luck on the repairs. So far my 2019 Lariat is staying dent/ding free. I still have 'ol Blackie to drive when the weathers bad here in Iowa.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
L&H Auto Body in Evergreen does great work. The Ford Dealer i worked at in Silverthorne used it quite often. My 16 Frontier went there as well.

OP
OP
AvockAdoo

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Got a quote this morning for ~$5200. Not as bad as I would have thought, but still pretty steep considering. Thats not including a rental.

Its an insurance job, but I'm on the lookout for cars that have matching damage to pass off the bill.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Yep - I've heard the stories. I already filed a claim with my insurance, they're letting me choose wherever I want to get it repaired, but with bedside damage, bumper damage and a broken tail light I'm expecting quite a high quote. Luckily my deductible is only $1k, still a bummer, but it is what it is.
Sad luck...the Bliss lamps are crazy expensive...surprised there's not an epidemic theft of these...KEEP YOUR TAILGATE LOCKED AT ALL TIMES!!!...remove two screws and unplug...that's it...

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
:confused: that stinks ! any cams in the area that may have caught the hit and run happen ? it looks like some of that on the bumper may clean up ok-ish with a good rubbing compound and heavy wax. white paint hides damage pretty well i bet that dent is deeper than it appears.

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
That's to bad the some don't have the decency to leave a note. :mad: Mark @txquailguy needs his taillight replaced and was just telling me yesterday he got a price for just over $800.00 so maybe he'll see this and shed more light on it. Maybe you can check with the neighbors and see if any have cameras and caught them on tape. Good luck.
Glad I don't park on the street
Prob some drunk or text'r, maybe person didn't know they did it, they should but who knows
Not to be taken the wrong way but not sure I'd leave a note, leave a note saying you hit the vehicle, then some one else comes along and does worse damage. Guess who's getting looked at.
Need to find a way to contact the owner that night or maybe get LE to come out and take a report
Again not saying I'd hit and run but would try to get it resolved that night if all possible

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It isn't anything new. My 1973 Capri was parked on the road almost 40 years ago and got sideswiped in the middle of the night. Insurance totaled it, gave me like $600, and then promptly cancelled me. :mad:

People have been behaving badly for a very long time, and unfortunately, I don't think that will change anytime soon.

I hope you are able to get your truck fixed relatively quickly with minimal hassle.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It isn't anything new. My 1973 Capri was parked on the road almost 40 years ago and got sideswiped in the middle of the night. Insurance totaled it, gave me like $600, and then promptly cancelled me. :mad:

People have been behaving badly for a very long time, and unfortunately, I don't think that will change anytime soon.

I hope you are able to get your truck fixed relatively quickly with minimal hassle.
Oh yeah I've known several this has happened to even back when I was in high school. I wasn't implying it was new just that some people should have the decency to do the right thing and at least leave a note. I know I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I did that to someones vehicle. Then again I'd never drive away from something like that.

Sad but you're right it's not going to change and it'll most likely only get worse. That's another reason I installed a dual dash camera last year. It's just another added piece of insurance in case something like this happens or if you get into an accident and it's a "he said, she said" argument.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Back in my hang out in parking lot days with a car filled with nitrous...

I didn't see a Camero pull in with his headlights off and I backed right into him.

He took off.

I had no idea what to do with that. Some rubbing compound stuff got rid of the red paint on my silver car so no claim.

Really weird. My guess is he was either drunk (I was the dumb one) or he had drugs in the car.

My only at fault accident and the other car ran away from me.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
B & E AutoBody in Brighton.

Your gonna wait a month or two to get in though.

I drive around neighborhoods all night for work. It amazes me how many people park in the street for no reason. Empty driveways, garages full of garbage, and 3 cars in the street. You couldn't pay me enough to park my truck on the street.

Feldgary1630

thanks in advance!
Same here a few weeks ago but not nearly as bad. Tried a PDR guy I've used before and he did not want to do it so trying another guy next week before taking to a body shop and bending over.

D8427CE5-4BD0-43D5-B5C9-BFB22616DBBC_1_105_c.jpeg
Sponsored