HELP ditch lights install

Nabasile

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor
I recently got the DSS Rigid lights and the instructions are not good when it gets to the wiring. It comes with a switch but I’d would like to use the Tremor switches but not sure how to hook them up.
Do I hook everything up to the battery? Where does that black box go?
Is the negative hooked to negative on the battery or ground?
The blue wire I am assuming is the switch but what about the black and red wire?
3F2CA35F-9A9F-46CB-9301-9D5CCF565D8C.jpeg
Sponsored

Vr22s

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
Biotech
The nice thing about the AUX switches the Tremor has is all you have to to do is tap into the provided wire harness from the AUX Relay box and then find a suitable grounding location. You do not need the provided switch or relay that Rigid ships with their lights.

What I would do is figure out the amp draw on the lights, select and then select the correct relay from your Tremor's AUX Switch relay. Splice it into that wire, find a good grounding point anywhere and you are good to go.

Here is a video I took for someone else for reference. It is pretty basic and old, I have changed things since then but it does the trick:

Tremor AUX Stuff

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
The nice thing about the AUX switches the Tremor has is all you have to to do is tap into the provided wire harness from the AUX Relay box and then find a suitable grounding location. You do not need the provided switch or relay that Rigid ships with their lights.

What I would do is figure out the amp draw on the lights, select and then select the correct relay from your Tremor's AUX Switch relay. Splice it into that wire, find a good grounding point anywhere and you are good to go.

Here is a video I took for someone else for reference. It is pretty basic and old, I have changed things since then but it does the trick:

Tremor AUX Stuff
@Figarou pointed out to me that there's a really easy to reach, ready-made grounding point on each side directly behind each headlight.

Vr22s

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
Biotech
@Figarou pointed out to me that there's a really easy to reach, ready-made grounding point on each side directly behind each headlight.

Yeah I found this out later. This video is when I first set it up. I have since cleaned it up and used the more convenient grounding points >.<

OP
OP

Nabasile

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor

Tremor AUX Stuff
I guess in my scenario then, would I cap the blue wire, and tie and black and red wire together to the aux wire? I guess I am not sure what a relay is and how to get rid of the one it came with. the amp draw it says is 5.14 . And just to confirm the red metal ring goes to positive on the battery and the black with the metal ring goes to ground or the negative on the battery?

Capture.PNG

Vr22s

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
Biotech
I guess in my scenario then, would I cap the blue wire, and tie and black and red wire together to the aux wire? I guess I am not sure what a relay is and how to get rid of the one it came with. the amp draw it says is 5.14 . And just to confirm the red metal ring goes to positive on the battery and the black with the metal ring goes to ground or the negative on the battery?

Capture.PNG

Ill be honest, it might be best to find someone locally to help you with this.

You only need a red and black lead if you are using the Tremor's Aux Switches. Red goes to the wire harness coming of the Relay/Fuse Box, black goes either to a grounding point on the body or the negative terminal on the battery.
Sponsored