First Name
CJ Pore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Inventory planner- Meat solutions
Took advantage of the easy wiring that comes with the Tremor. Added some cheap ditch lights to try before spending money on a better set. All in all with the Diode Dynamics brackets, Nilight 42w cubes, and wiring harness I'm in about $125. They look pretty good - I'll be interested in seeing how they perform at night.

Wiring was a snap. I chose switch 3, which is 10A since these lights together should draw about 7. Ran hot to the lavender/green wire and ground to the post on the battery and that was that.

S0fFwxr.jpg

d8FjHgG.jpg
What kind of bracket did you use?

dr7ski

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Scientist

dr7ski

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Scientist

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

Albert_636

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
I plan on doing the same with my truck today. I also have the tremor. My lights are total of 40 watts. How did you decide how many amps would you need? If they’re like yours and require about 7, what happens if I plug into 5 amps instead of 10?? Sorry I’m not too educated on this. I feel like I’d like to save the higher amperage aux for bigger items.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I plan on doing the same with my truck today. I also have the tremor. My lights are total of 40 watts. How did you decide how many amps would you need? If they’re like yours and require about 7, what happens if I plug into 5 amps instead of 10?? Sorry I’m not too educated on this. I feel like I’d like to save the higher amperage aux for bigger items.
Amps equals wattage divided by volts. So if you're running two 40w lights together, 80w divided by 12v is 6.6 amps.

Albert_636

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
So I used the 10A Aux 3 wire. I realized I can Just change the 5A fuse on the other wire if I needed to. The wires look like they’re all the same gauge. I may be wrong though. Install wasn’t too bad. Let’s see how long these lights hold up. Next project will be a dual 6inch led bar under the front license plate.

E7ECC556-D85B-4194-92A1-372EA550A9FA.jpeg

F563F53E-22A7-4F2D-9ABE-0CB95D9AEBDC.jpeg

Darnalle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor 2021
Occupation
PMHNP
Took advantage of the easy wiring that comes with the Tremor. Added some cheap ditch lights to try before spending money on a better set. All in all with the Diode Dynamics brackets, Nilight 42w cubes, and wiring harness I'm in about $125. They look pretty good - I'll be interested in seeing how they perform at night.

Wiring was a snap. I chose switch 3, which is 10A since these lights together should draw about 7. Ran hot to the lavender/green wire and ground to the post on the battery and that was that.

S0fFwxr.jpg

d8FjHgG.jpg
So it’s really as simple as Red/+ to the wire/fuse from the Tremor AUX panel near the battery, and black/- to a ground/negative battery terminal? And then turn on and flip the Switch.. and we are driving fast in the dark? I bought x4 3” LEDs and the wiring that came with it is half of the package.. attempting tomorrow..

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So it’s really as simple as Red/+ to the wire/fuse from the Tremor AUX panel near the battery, and black/- to a ground/negative battery terminal? And then turn on and flip the Switch.. and we are driving fast in the dark? I bought x4 3” LEDs and the wiring that came with it is half of the package.. attempting tomorrow..
Yep that's it!
Sponsored