First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Senior Product Leader
So I've been quietly lurking and stalking threads here since I bought my 21 XLT last spring. It was a very quick purchase decision, as the transmission on my 2013 Outback had 1 foot in the grave, and I needed to trade it away ASAP. Wanted to wait for an FX4, but didn't have the time and this XLT Crewcab Sport was on the lot fro the right price.

Now I'm 14 months and 16k miles into owning the Ranger and still love it everyday. Finally getting into some actual modifications beyond Husky floor liners and a folding bedcover. Currenly in transit is a 2.5" RC leveling kit, and once I install that I plan on going to 265/70r17 Wildpeak AT's on the stock wheels. I ride around with a Thule bike rack installed 99% of the time, so the 2.5":265/70 combo should be perfect.

A little background about me... married 8 years and we have a 5yo with another due literally TOMORROW, work from home IT Analyst with a severe obsession with cycling and bike racing.

Now some pics of a stock Ranger, becuase you all haven't seen enough of THOSE yet. :D

rELaBX8.jpg

13D5ann.jpg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Brad,

Welcome as you are now out of the closet! Wife was born and raised in Memphis....True Southern girl...Not to be messed with for sure!

I hope you find your Ranger continues to delight you every day...It has a robust heritage behind it...

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
BRad704

BRad704

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Senior Product Leader
Thanks guys. Question about speedometer correction for anyone readin this far... Does everyone really buy their own $280 device just to set it and forget it?

Reactions: Doc

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I was finding while searching the forum as well. I'm not super keen on all the error code comments and learning curve, but $200 saved is $200 saved.
I was intimidated by the thought of it myself and drugg my feet for six months. So glad I finally did it. I ended up making about a dozen changes.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks guys. Question about speedometer correction for anyone readin this far... Does everyone really buy their own $280 device just to set it and forget it?
Welcome Brad! If you plan on getting a tune you can correct the speedometer that way too.

OP
OP
BRad704

BRad704

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Senior Product Leader
I was intimidated by the thought of it myself and drugg my feet for six months. So glad I finally did it. I ended up making about a dozen changes.
My leveling kit arrived yesterday, but we've been at the hospital having this new baby. Everyone's healthy and happy!!

I'll get the kit installed this weekend, then the tires hopefully next week and test the mileage. But reading more about Forscan, I do like the idea of tweaking some extra things like Bambi mode.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Welcome Brad, and congratulations on the new little one. Nice camping setup, but you may need to plan on trading it for something a little bigger in the near future. Don’t worry your Ranger will pull it. That and watch your wallet, the level and tires are just the beginning.

OP
OP
BRad704

BRad704

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Senior Product Leader
Welcome to the Ranger club Brad! That is a nice set up with the trailer. Enjoy!!!
Welcome Brad, and congratulations on the new little one. Nice camping setup, but you may need to plan on trading it for something a little bigger in the near future. Don’t worry your Ranger will pull it. That and watch your wallet, the level and tires are just the beginning.
Thanks! For now I can't think of many other things to buy for it. But dang this forum is planting ideas.

That half popup was actually a rental. Neat setup, but I prefer either a regular camping tent or I'll try a bigger camper this summer. I've got some buddies in town that have a dozen or so rental campers. My wife and I talked about buying, but we don't camp often enough to justify that.

Dayton86

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Water Treatment Operator
Welcome from just across your southern border in desoto county mississippi! You ever get the chance to go camping at Fort Pillow about an hour north of Memphis, take it. Very nice camping there.

Also congrats on the new little one!

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
My leveling kit arrived yesterday, but we've been at the hospital having this new baby. Everyone's healthy and happy!!

I'll get the kit installed this weekend, then the tires hopefully next week and test the mileage. But reading more about Forscan, I do like the idea of tweaking some extra things like Bambi mode.
Congrats to you and your wife on the new baby. I'm glad all is good with them.
Sponsored