Hello from SouthEast Pennsylvania

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I am very early in my search for a new truck but I just wanted to stop in and say hello from SouthEast Pennsylvania. I'll be asking some random questions in the other areas of the forum as this is a great resource for discovery. I say I am early because I fish ALOT! LOL. Once this weather breaks in the next few weeks, I'll be full on fishing for Striper, Fluke, Bass, Crappie, Trout and anything else I can get to bite! and the next thing I know, it will be December and that is when I really want to start shopping.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I am very early in my search for a new truck but I just wanted to stop in and say hello from SouthEast Pennsylvania. I'll be asking some random questions in the other areas of the forum as this is a great resource for discovery. I say I am early because I fish ALOT! LOL. Once this weather breaks in the next few weeks, I'll be full on fishing for Striper, Fluke, Bass, Crappie, Trout and anything else I can get to bite! and the next thing I know, it will be December and that is when I really want to start shopping.
Welcome to Ranger5G great people here. Tons of info to dig into as well. I’m still going through pages and have been here a short time myself. So what’s catching your eye so far? How much you looking to spend?

OP
OP
troutspinner

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Welcome to Ranger5G great people here. Tons of info to dig into as well. I’m still going through pages and have been here a short time myself. So what’s catching your eye so far? How much you looking to spend?
My taste is Ranger Limited, nothing extra like sport or FX4. Plain Jane in looks if you will but I want the LEDs and other tech toys. MSRP looks to be about 42-43k but hoping to get at least 15% off that number. Tacoma (driving one currently) and the new Frontier when released this summer are also of interest. I like my Tacoma and to go into another one would be easy but the Ranger looks a little more comfortable and worth a heavy look as I’ve had 2 F150s in the past. The last one was a 2011 3.5 Ecoboost so I know the tech and did enjoy that engine.

How about you? Are you in a Ranger or just looking like me?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My taste is Ranger Limited, nothing extra like sport or FX4. Plain Jane in looks if you will but I want the LEDs and other tech toys. MSRP looks to be about 42-43k but hoping to get at least 15% off that number. Tacoma (driving one currently) and the new Frontier when released this summer are also of interest. I like my Tacoma and to go into another one would be easy but the Ranger looks a little more comfortable and worth a heavy look as I’ve had 2 F150s in the past. The last one was a 2011 3.5 Ecoboost so I know the tech and did enjoy that engine.

How about you? Are you in a Ranger or just looking like me?
I’m in a 2020 XLT. I’m upper mid level on options. Even at that my sticker was just shy of 37K. My rear is LED but headlights are Halogen. Can’t get LED on those unless you go Lariat. Like many are doing on these forums going after items aftermarket as it’s way cheaper than having to go up in models and options. Only live once right!

OP
OP
troutspinner

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I’m in a 2020 XLT. I’m upper mid level on options. Even at that my sticker was just shy of 37K. My rear is LED but headlights are Halogen. Can’t get LED on those unless you go Lariat. Like many are doing on these forums going after items aftermarket as it’s way cheaper than having to go up in models and options. Only live once right!
Your comments on the options is one of the major reason I signed up here. When I bought F150s, they were XLT. I've always felt XLT or similar level in other trucks were always the bang for the buck but by time you option them out you're almost at the next level so decisions decisions. I'll be asking plenty of questions about the options. ;)
Sponsored