Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
[QUOTE="cbull, post: 248398, member: 10123"
Fun little truck to drive, but with the head wind I fought on the way home I got not so fun mpgs, lol.
[/QUOTE]
Hilarious thing; I was showing your truck to the girlfriend, who read through the rest of the post. Looks me dead in the eye and says "13.5?!?" "How is that bad". Continues to say: "If I had a bad headwind I would be lucky to get 9!" She drives a Jeep..... had me laughing so hard.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
DSC_1400.JPG

Well.... Something happened yesterday, woke up this morning and realized that, yes, I did Indeed buy this. Lol
Got carried away looking for a Lariat extended cab and somehow ended up with a tremor.
Fun little truck to drive, but with the head wind I fought on the way home I got not so fun mpgs, lol.
does it have a tailgate DAMPENER?

OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hatchback CVT 2017 ram cummins
Occupation
Farmer
I had my Tremor for less than a month an now getting around 23 mph, bit it did improve slightly after placing a cover on the bed. Over the life of the truck, I have over 20 mph. I have noticed that the truck really loves the speed limit. 65 mph is it's sweet spot for better mph numbers.

Higher speeds makes it thirsty.
so do you think it's the 65 miles an hour that's The Sweet Spot or the gear that you're in? Does it run in 10th gear at 65 miles an hour?

OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
[QUOTE="cbull, post: 248398, member: 10123"
Hilarious thing; I was showing your truck to the girlfriend, who read through the rest of the post. Looks me dead in the eye and says "13.5?!?" "How is that bad". Continues to say: "If I had a bad headwind I would be lucky to get 9!" She drives a Jeep..... had me laughing so hard.
[/QUOTE]
Do Jeeps really get that bad fuel mileage? I hear all the time how poor the fuel mileage is, I wouldn't expect quite that bad.

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
[/QUOTE]
Do Jeeps really get that bad fuel mileage? I hear all the time how poor the fuel mileage is, I wouldn't expect quite that bad.
[/QUOTE]

I had a Cherokee before the Ranger, it did OK. Averaged about 18, 16 around town. She has a Grand Cherokee with the Hemi V8, and its thirsty to say the least, getting 18 in that is a miracle. Im happy with the 21 that I average around town now. ?

OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
[/QUOTE]

I had a Cherokee before the Ranger, it did OK. Averaged about 18, 16 around town. She has a Grand Cherokee with the Hemi V8, and its thirsty to say the least, getting 18 in that is a miracle. Im happy with the 21 that I average around town now. ?
[/QUOTE]
I like a big ol V8. That kind of mileage is exceptable to me, just a bit ubsetting when you get that kinda mpgs with a 4 cylinder or really even a 6.
Is she jealous of your ranger? Lol

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
[/QUOTE]
I like a big ol V8. That kind of mileage is exceptable to me, just a bit ubsetting when you get that kinda mpgs with a 4 cylinder or really even a 6.
[/QUOTE]
I agree, nothing like the sound of a V8 or the feeling you get when you accelerate.
She is about somethings on the Ranger (I got a sarcastic "I hate y'all" ,referring to us and the fuel economy). And a few other gizmos on the truck..... and the fact that it IS a truck. But we wont be getting rid of the Jeep anytime in the foreseeable future. Its a fully loaded Overland and almost paid for. Maybe a Bronco someday.....?

OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
[/QUOTE]
I agree, nothing like the sound of a V8 or the feeling you get when you accelerate.
She is about somethings on the Ranger (I got a sarcastic "I hate y'all" ,referring to us and the fuel economy). And a few other gizmos on the truck..... and the fact that it IS a truck. But we wont be getting rid of the Jeep anytime in the foreseeable future. Its a fully loaded Overland and almost paid for. Maybe a Bronco someday.....?
[/QUOTE]
I understand that, a V8 in a jeep would be pretty cool. Buddy is selling his srt8 for a track Hawk jeep. Not much of an off road vehicle, but should be loads of fun.
New Bronco would be really cool. Might have bought that if they were around and weren't sky high. I don't see ford giving out any good deals on them turkeys.
Sponsored