KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
How these ATXs in winter conditions? Snow, ice...
I’ll let you know in the next couple of months... ?
(We had mild winter last year, but predictions this winter,
says lots of snow)
Sponsored

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
How these ATXs in winter conditions? Snow, ice...
they are awesome in the snow. Not as good as a dedicated snow tire but very good. Able to climb steep slick roads and maintain control descending. Not great on real ice but again not a dedicated snow tire

hkusptac

First Name
Teo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Has anyone mounted a 285/70/17 on the stock sport 17" rims? Also if anyone is running 285 grabbers I would like to know their MPG hit. I am looking at getting a pair and mounting them on stock rims with aftermarket crash bars. Im running eibach suspension at a 3" lift

GtownRanger

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Engineer
Has anyone mounted a 285/70/17 on the stock sport 17" rims? Also if anyone is running 285 grabbers I would like to know their MPG hit. I am looking at getting a pair and mounting them on stock rims with aftermarket crash bars. Im running eibach suspension at a 3" lift
Yes I have 285/70/17 BFG K02s on my sport rims (magnetic). No rubbing that I am aware of went on perfectly .

GtownRanger

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Engineer
whats your MPG?
To be honest maybe 1.5mpg if that. I haven’t corrected the Speedo yet but by some of my own calculations it really isn’t much at all. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be thats for sure.

jlarrabee104

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had the old General Grabber AT2's on a few of my old trucks over the years. My main concern was not offroad capability, but overall tire quality. I put a 2.5" Rough Country Level in over the winter and decided now would be a good time to upgrade the rubber. Honestly quite happy with the outcome. The ride is more comfortable. Gas mileage hasn't suffered. Traction is better, oh and the Ranger finally looks right!

Since these weigh less than the Falken Wildpeaks and I found them cheaper I really think more people should look into them for everyday use. ( I have nothing bad to say about the Falken bandwagon, I just like my tried and true General Grabbers).

IMG-2026.jpg

IMG-2024.jpg

IMG-2018.jpg

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
When I do tires I'm seriously looking at the general's an Nitto's. both have good reviews an weigh in around 40 pounds vs 34 for stock an are available for a good price. I'm also considering Cooper's. Nice to hear a real world review on a ranger.

ngarre2

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariet FX4
I had Grabber AT2s on my Jeep and really loved them. The ATX is the new version of it which has sidewall design from the top of the line off road X3, and supposedly thicker sidewall cords than typical 4-ply rated tires. Someone on the internet measured and compared it to a KO2 and the ATX was all of 0.5mm thinner. Load rating is a little higher, with the same speed rating, than stock at 115T over 112T.

Here's before and after, the stock 30.5" 265/60 R18 Dynapro ATMs on the machined magnetic 18" wheels, and now new Grabber ATX 31.5" 265/70 R17 on the magnetic painted 17" wheels.

20190921_134128 - Copy.jpg

20190921_133639 - Copy.jpg

20190817_184753 - Copy.jpg

20190817_184742 - Copy.jpg
What psi are you running? Tire place put 32psi in mine and it felt too floaty. One day when it's not raining I'll do the chalk test but just curious what you settled on.

OP
OP
fusseli

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
What psi are you running? Tire place put 32psi in mine and it felt too floaty. One day when it's not raining I'll do the chalk test but just curious what you settled on.
I have not done chalk test either. I ran 38 psi a while but decided it was too harsh. I have been at 33-35 warm and it’s better.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
The 10 ply will defiantly give you piece of mind lol but for me the mpg hit wasn't worth the sacrifice for what I need/do with my truck. My Ranger is my DD so I wanted a little bigger more aggressive tire without taking much of of hit mpg wise or the need to do any other modifications like crash bars or spacers. Do you know the weight of the Grabber ATX-LT's?

I just looked up the difference between the LT's and non-LT's for the Nittos and the LT's weigh 11 lbs more per tire and almost 20 lbs more than the stock Hankooks.

Stock - 35 lbs
LT's - 54.66 lbs
Reg/115T - 43.65 lbs

https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/ridge-grappler-light-truck-tire/
Been contemplating upgrading to these Grabber A/TX and If I should go LT or regular version. I won't be hauling but are the LT's wider?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?customSizeSearch=true&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2021&autoModel=Ranger+4X4&autoModClar=Supercrew&width=265/&ratio=70&diameter=17

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Been contemplating upgrading to these Grabber A/TX and If I should go LT or regular version. I won't be hauling but are the LT's wider?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?customSizeSearch=true&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2021&autoModel=Ranger+4X4&autoModClar=Supercrew&width=265/&ratio=70&diameter=17
Unless I'm reading this wrong I honestly can't tell by the description. :crazy: I looked on Tirebuyer to see if they had them and a better description but they don't. I would "think" they were the same width just a thicker ply but not positive. I would give them a call to get a definite answer. 888-541-1777
Sponsored